GAGS I HAVE PROUDLY PULLED ON JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES :)

by Nate Merit 171 Replies latest social humour

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

yo YO

Jeannie BEANZ!

You make me CRAZY homegirl!

NNNNNNNate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

The Kongdom Howl is a wooden bilding in Annie Arbor and alla da folks did was paint sum green paint back ovah mah stencil stuff. Da nex week it wuz gawn!

I gots ta go man! I gots ta TAG sumthin!

Yours NOT in Joe Hovah,

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNate!

• rebel8
    rebel8

If it was true pranks makes JWs more paranoid (I'm not agreeing it does), why would that be of concern to ex-JWs anyway??

sincerely,

Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq.

Eduardo, this is off topic but I am wondering, while visiting a self help forum, you are consistently signing your name with your credentials (even in threads that have nothing to do with legal issues). I know of no one else that does that. Why do you? Do we need to be reminded of everyone's educational achievements each time they post? Are you worried you will not be taken seriously if you don't list your credentials?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

rebel,

what credentials are you thinking of? I'm puzzled.

Esquire = gentleman

Jnr = son of a father by the same name

• rebel8
    rebel8

You are correct that the dictionary definition of esquire is gentleman. However, in the US, it is not customary for anyone but an attorney to use it as a title, and then it signifies their status as an attorney, not a gentleman.

• carla
    carla

signifies their status as an attorney, not a gentleman.

haha, well said.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Rebel 8

I did the same thing for a short period because I had no idea ya'll were so likeable here, and I was just hawking my latest book. Once I realized I was going to be posting here on a regular basis, I stopped.

As to JW paranoia, they're already so over the top and beyond the pale that I doubt that pranks would count for much.

Nate

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Hi Rebel,

thanks for the question. I used to just sign my name Eduardo. For the last year and half I have been trying to develop my sole-practitioner law practice. A while ago, while working with Bruce Margolis, the marijuana lawyer :-), he asked me why I don't advertise that I am a lawyer on my business cards, i.e. not using the esq. or in other ways and that kind of put the thought in my head that maybe it made good business sense to do that, even if it is a bit pedantic.

Frankly, because I don't have a lot of money for advertising or marketing of my practice and most of my clients have been obtained via word of mouth it is just a small noo-obtrusive way of reminding friends, acquaintances and strangers that I am a lawyer just in case they should have a legal question or need some legal help. Thus, I have started signing everything with the Esq. I supposed that i f I was a medical doctor, I might used "doctor" or M.D. also although maybe that is more commonly acceptable even though those guys do often use such a title or their initials for more than mere business reasons.

My education is something that I am proud of, especially given that I started it at a time when as a JW I had to face a lot of opposition to going to college. I am glad that more JWs are getting the opportunity to pursue higher education and a lot of ex-JWs have gone back to college for more education.

Please understand that is not my intention to flout my education or degrees (I have four of them currently incidently) on this forum or elsewhere, but my experience does allow me to add my unique perspective here, and I do very often approach things from a rational/legalistic mindset, though maybe not as much as other lawyers.

I supposed it could be worse. My sister once told me that the lawyers she knew insisted on being called "doctor" which made me roll my eyes and go "oh brother". Yes the J.D. is an earned doctorate degree every bit to be proud of as a Ph.D or other such degrees, but I really consider it the peak of hautiness for lawyers to insist on being addressed as "doctor" - but as I hear some do.

Anyway, enough of the off-topic on this thread.

-Eduardo

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

PS: Rebel, I am curious why do you consider JWD to be a "self-help" forum? That seems a little bit odd as a description. I am not saying it isn't entirely accurate, it is just interesting.

Others, including myself, my see this forum as an "informational resource forum" a "religous forum" or even just a simple "discussion forum"

-Eduardo Leaton Jr.

• M.J.
    M.J.

If he weren't a dub Eduardo probably would have gotten into politics, methinks. I know some guys he reminds me of.

Lighten up man...you take yourself way to seriously, IMHO.

Nate, what you did was bad, bad, bad...but damn funny! Glad you shared! (anyone ever hear that country song out right now about "I'm a real bad boy but a real good man?")

That's all I have to say about that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit