GAGS I HAVE PROUDLY PULLED ON JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES :)

by Nate Merit 171 Replies latest social humour

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Thanks for posting! It's been fun.

Nate

• woodsmanhere
    woodsmanhere

Christmas decorations is funniest

Blood drive second

Newspaper third.

You got me thinking. Your post may have a sequel.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Woodsman

Have fun, but don't get arrested. The USA is primed to see "terrorists" and "acts of terror" everywhere.

Nate

• moshe
    moshe

I pulled a few stunt's ,too. I realized early on that many ex-JW's are too consumed with a latent fear of the elders to take any kind of stand against their oppression. I gave up when I couldn't get any support for even an informational picket . The JW phone helplines were popular 20 years ago as they were nonconfrontational in nature. I had one for awhile, too- ///-why-1975. That has all been replaced by the Internet,today.

My final Mea Culpa was to visit every house in my hometown and leave a tract ( written and printed by yours truly) that explained the true dangers of JW membership. It took me the better part of 6 months to do this. The back page of the tract had a cut-out "no visits by Jehovah's Witnesses" with instructions to tape it to the front door. It worked, and I went on with my life.

Even today ,I am sure this town continues to be dead zone for JW's.

remembering,

Moshe

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Moshe

Your activities weren't pranks by any stretch of the imagination. They were genuine helpful protests. Good for you Moshe. I'd be proud if I were you.

Nate

• rebel8
    rebel8

Thanks Eduardo, that explanation is understandable.

My categorization of this forum as "self help" comes directly from my mental health background, where we call everything either "treatment" (ie professional services) or "self help" (anything not involving a professional practitioner, usually peer support groups such as AA). Just an old human services term I use.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

I just read through this thread for the first time. VERY FUNNY !!!

Nate, don't let the board's nanny patrol get you down. Typical of the no sense of humor crowd. Life is SERIOUS didn't you know? LOL

Respectfully,
    Brian, Advertising Guru Extraordinaire

• Special K
    Special K

Nate.

I was DFed back during the 1975 era, and theit DFing me plunged me into a wordl of drugs, alcohol, depression, and suicide attempts. It took me over a decade of counseling to get over it.

I knew from the things you did that you must have been hurt by them really bad.

I'm sorry that your feet were knocked out from under you so hard and that being disfellowshipped spiralled you into such a negative time in your life. Sounds like you are lucky to be alive.

I hope, you have been able to heal yourself and that now you have been able to move on from the Jehovahs Witness religion.

Special K

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Brian!

Yeah, exactly. Life is some serious shit, man. That's why nobody gets out alive. If folks want to walk around with their heads up their behinds, cool. Whatever floats their boat. However...

"As for me and my household, we ain't servin' nobody!"Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Special K

Thanks for having a sense of humor.

Yes, I was only involved in the JW's for four years, from age 15 to 19. A few months after being DFed I became a Jesus Freak and went on to become a Baptist minister in 1980. I stayed a pentecostal Baptist (almost an oxymoron, eh?) for 14 or 15 years, then became a Buddhist priest. I was one of three priests who founded the Hongaku Jodo sect of Pure land Buddhism. You can Google them and find them on the net.

I'm no longer a Buddhist. I'm a Nate-ist.

Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit