GAGS I HAVE PROUDLY PULLED ON JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES :)

by Nate Merit 171 Replies latest social humour

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hello FlyingHigh !

I think Oroborus probably didn't understand the pranks are 26 years old. That, or she/he simply wanted attention. Thank you for coming to my aid.

I'm a fairly typical old fart of my generation. Except I'm not politically conservative. Mainly I write, do housework, play on the net, cook, shop for groceries, exercise a bit.

When I retired I was a home health aide and a priest of Hongaku Jodo.

Thanks again for posting.

The Wild One,
    Nathan

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Triple A

Man, what a sight that would be! You'd have apoplectic old farts having heart attacks all over the place. Too bad a prank like that is waay beyond my scope.

Thank you for having a sense of humor. Have a great week and weekend.
    Nathan

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Rebel 8 !

Thank you for a well thought-out response. I agree with you. It's difficult to understand certain reactions in light of what the WTBTS put us through. I don't think Oroborus read the post carefully enough to realize just how long ago the pranks were. Though I still occasionally play small pranks, and have them played on me.

Here's a URL to one of my favorite prank tools: http://www.mischiefmail.com/

During the election I sent insane emails from President Bush out to hundreds of people. They circulated quite a bit. I even had a couple of them forwarded to me from folks who had no idea I was the one who started them circulating in the first place.

Thank you for enjoying the post, and having a good perspective on some old pranks. You're very welcome for the laughs. Most of the respondents, such as yourself, brought a big smile to my face.

As for the actions being immoral, as some insisted, here again are some anagrams of Tao Te Ching:

Get to China
    Go anti tech
    NO ETHIC TAG
    Nate Got Chi

I think I'd be afraid to pull such pranks today, even if I was 26. USA has become very hysterical. We're one terrorist attack away from full scale martial law and a full-blown police state.

Have a great week "Rebel 8"
    Nate

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

I think my favorite was the blood donation sign, with the newspaper submission a close second.

I wouldn't do it, but I'd laugh like hell if I saw it. Even when I was still in, I'd have laughed.

LAD to this...

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Golf

Thanks for enjoying the pranks. I was completely and utterly "freaked" at being arrested for arson. Larry (the cop) is a mellow dude for a cop.

I was always a hellion growing up. Starting at age sixteen I hung around with teens who were as nuts as I was. I wasn't able to stay involved in the Witnesses for very long at a stretch before I was gone and back with my pals raising hell. It got way out of hand when I was 19 and the WTBTS finally DFed me. I literally lost my mind for about 8 months or so. Went beyond raising hell to actual crime.

I've been friends with members of the Outlaws, Hell's Angels, and Fly N Wheels in my 19th year. No way I would have played pranks on anyone who carried a gun like I did. (A snub nosed 22 with hollow points my dad gave me when I was 16)

When I pulled these pranks I was still young enough to not really give a damn. I was only 26. My age has doubled since then. Plus, yes, Mark and I were both lucky.

I'm nearing completion on my next book which is about how I became involved with the JW's, what my life as a JW was like, and what my life became when they DFed me.

Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Reagan Oconnor

Yeah, the blood donor sign transplant actually was some hard work! Thank you for having a sense of humor about these things.

Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi JeannieBeanz

I got a kick out of your reponse to Ouroboros. When I first read his email I didn't finish it. It was just too negative a note to start the day with. So I had to go back and see that he had indeed signed it as if he is a lawyer.

As for your icon...Betty Boop was my first onscreen heartthrob! I was five or six when she made me feel very strange (in a pleasnt way) and I remember wondering if it was weird to enjoy looking at a cartoon so much!

Thanks again Jeannie!
    Nate

• Golf
    Golf

Nate, you said 'your next book.' Can you elaborate? The next one deals on what?

You must admit being a prankster is exciting. I grew up in the South-end of Boston in my younger days. It was a rough neighborhood and when your hanging around with the toughies your considered one of the boys.

Pranksters get see the other side of the coin, risky but exciting.

Golf

• TD
    TD

So I had to go back and see that he had indeed signed it as if he is a lawyer.

He really is......and it's good that Ed respects the law, although I think it's unfair to characterize practical jokes as a stepping stone to bombs and arson.

(Ed needs to spend a week in a volunteer fire department )

I still think your experiences are uproariously funny.

• mustang
    mustang

Thanks for the comic relief!!!!

I have a few observations:

The length of time ago tells me that you were younger; it looks like you have outgrown this and it seems to have been therapeutic.

This is likely one of the reasons that I left: I had too much of a "similar bent" in my "soul". I figured that I had a "soul" in the meaning of having a mind and being able to think for myself. NOW, YOU KNOW THAT IS HEADING FOR TROUBLE IN DUB-DOM!!!

After being a Snervant and pIONEER, I had had enough of their straight-laced nonsense. It was likely that I would have pulled such shenanigans if I hadn't bailed when I did. I would have gone stir-crazy if I had had to stick around much longer. I was to the point of laughing in the faces.

In line with the previous paragraph, I figured that I would soon have to speak up and would have really been trashed by them if I did that. I was a "privileged character", being related to the founder of the congo and related to/or close family friends with some of the local "heavies". But I figured that would burn itself out if I really said what I was thinking.

[Funny thing is, most of what I was thinking was "just leave me alone" & "I don't have to do what you say". I probably would not have picked any doctrinal disagreement type of discussions with anybody.]

So, I left and went cross-country. But I did drop in on the local Dub-hive after my 2000+ mile sojourn.

[I nearly puked when a pIONEER that I was doing janitorial work for droned on and on about how much he enjoyed buffing floors. Talk about spouting the party line!!!

The next day I went to an agency and took a job loading freight in a warehouse w/ no pIONEER in sight.]

Frankly, these JW's take themselves too seriously and are too much of the old classical stuffed shirts to put up with. If they can't take a few jokes such as you pulled, they are hopeless.

I believe in balance and feel that such things as this sort of "concentration camp humor" will happen, especially in such straight-laced environments as Brooklyn cultivates.

Personally, I just "got outta Dodge" and let them have their own little fief-dom and craphole.

[My father trying for 20+ years to drag me back to the KH kicking and screaming is another story.]

I do think that you wore out your welcome and rubbed them raw, however

Mustang

Illegitamus non-Carborundum (don't let the bastards grind you down)

PS I have thought about what it would have been like to "take up with" and marry one of those driven JW women that they were pushing at me:

[Me a Snervant? Again? Been there, done that. And all for NO PAY!!! Give me a break, honey!!!]

[I've got to get up for Saturday morning FS?? No way, Jose-fina!!! And I'm sleeping in tomorrow morning, if I don't go fishing!!!]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit