GAGS I HAVE PROUDLY PULLED ON JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES :)

by Nate Merit 171 Replies latest social humour

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Finally Free!

You betcha we did! The excitement bred more pranks. Our wives were stunned.

To this day, when Mark and I are together, we're likely to stop in at a church and do things such as leave anti-christian tracts in the hymnals. I superglued a plastic Jesus figurine to a pulpit of a Disciples of Christ church about 10 years ago. They had unwisely left the sanctuary unlocked.

Around the same time that Mark and I were pulling these stunts we were also putting together a 90 minute slide presentation (videocams were very expensive back then) on the Mormon church. We titled it "Mormonism; An Expose." We traveled aroundf Michigan with it for a couple of months and made our money back (and then some!) from donations. We played up the humor angle and most people loved it.

Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Spectre!

Thanks for dropping by! I'm pleased as punch (how is punch pleased???) to have given you some good laughs.

I became addicted early on to pranks, and have played plenty. I've had some doozies played on ME and I've loved them! Of course, none of the pranks pulled on me took any of my money away or broke anything I owned. My friends, knowing how much I enjoy a well planned and executed prank, did them to me. For instance, Larry the cop on the Ann Arbor PD. I met him when he and his partner pulled me over on my 25th birthday and arrested me for arson! They handcuffed me and stuck me in the back of the squad car. I was ready to piss my pants! Then they started laughing at me. I asked them what was so dammed funny and Larry said, "You are Nate. You look good in cuffs!" A dear friend, Annette, who is now deceased, had put them up to it. She was dating Larry's partner. Whose name escapes me.

Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi DanTheMan!

That's just about exactly what he said. I couldnt help but laugh when I knew my cover was blown. I tried to have a fun conversation with the JE elder, but no such luck. He simply started yelling.

I'm glad to have given you some laughter today.

Nate

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I've been living in Coachella Valley, Mojave Desert, CA, for nearly 20 years. Ann Arbor, or A2, is a dim but very happy memory.

I usually reside in the Grand Rapids area. I will be going back there right before christmas. You'll have to let us know when you come to visit Michigan. My fiance, who has never been a JW, read your Jehovah Unmasked first. He was so encouraged and intrigued by it that he encouraged me to read it. It really made a difference in helping me to understand how Jehovah can be so evil. Thank you so very much for your research and writing it.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Greetings!

Shame on you and shame on anyone in this thread that gave you a "thumbs up" for your activity.

Vandalism, mail fraud, telephone fraud, telephone harrassment, theft from a Red Cross Center no less, trespass, etc. oh yes these are all things to be so very proud of.

I am surprised that you haven't moved on to pipe bombs and arson but maybe you "grew up"??

-Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I am surprised that you haven't moved on to pipe bombs and arson but maybe you "grew up"??

Are you really surprised? Or is this just sarcasm? I think the stencil and spraypainted elder's parking space is pretty funny. I wouldn't do it, but I'd laugh like hell if I saw it. Even when I was still in, I'd have laughed. It's not like Nate was slashing tires or throwing tear gas into the meetings.

I always get a kick out of the stories where people leave jack o lanterns on the KH porch or such. Or Smurfs, Smurfs are even better.

• Triple A
    Triple A

I have to admit that I like the Christmas decorations. Think about the reaction in Brooklyn if one night when they turn on the lights all these Christmas decorations would light up. Especially if they could not turn them off again.

• rebel8
    rebel8

"get over it"--I will never understand that comment coming from ex cult members. Hearing the serious stories from others, knowing full well the absolute horrors xjws have experienced, how can you (just a general "you", not a specific person) possibly presume to tell someone they have not healed quickly enough for you and order them to hurry it up? Feelings are not right or wrong, so it is not for anyone to tell someone else how to feel. IMO that falls into the category of MYOB.

As far as critique of behavior goes, that is a different thing entirely and when we post our actions on the forum we have to expect some. Still, I am really surprised at the reactions on this thread. The JWs did much harm to us. I see nothing morally wrong with doing some relatively harmless pranks on them. I'm curious--why do you see this as a morally wrong thing to do? It's not as if justice will be served any other way, and the pranks are only a drop in the bucket when it comes to real justice for all the harms they inflicted upon us.

Yes some of the things described are illegal, but I personally do not see a moral problem with them--a personal choice rather than a right or wrong. If that person wants to take the risk of getting arrested, that is their choice and we are not their mommies. Sorry if I am offending anyone with my strong response.

And thanks NM for a really great laugh! I needed that! "Are YOU a demon?" LOL

*researching the possibility of letter to my local newspaper class*

• Golf
    Golf

Hey Nate, that prank about you being handcuffed was a beaut! I'm not going to share my long list of pranks with you. If you had pulled some of the pranks on the people I know, you wouldn't be sharing your experiences today. You gotta be either lucky or don't give a sh-t, how about both?

Golf

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Dear FlyingHighNow

My dad and step-mother reside in Grand Blanc. "It's a small world after all..." My oldest sister Jackie lives in Cass City as does my mother. Next door to Jackie so she can drive Jackie to distraction.

I'm really pleased both you and your fiance enjoyed Jehovah Unmasked. I'm going to PM you on that topic.

It's been five or six years since I've been to Michigan. I should probably visit soon. It had been so long since my sister Jackie and I had seen each other we weren't sure of the others identity when we saw each other at the airport. She looked at me very uncertainly and said "Nathan?"

Have a great day.
    Nathan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit