Has anyone still have the hope..................

by defd 107 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    We are supposed to put Kingdom Interest first in our live, Jesus said so.

And -- like every truly awakened teacher -- he is believed to have said that "the kingdom of God is within you."

What you seem to be placing first defd, is some religious idea of some object or thing separate and apart from you; something you need acquire, earn or gain. Perhaps our true Source is not so limited or cruel has to have removed or placed far away what you seek. Perhaps it is not God withholding or at fault, but rather a problem of our vision.

Instead of focusing attention outward into some other imagined place and time, be still and realize what is real and purely pristine; that which gives life to all life and existence to all space, time and phenomena. See, is this separate from what you really and truly are?

Perhaps it is cherished beliefs and hopes which blind us to the presence of wholeness and peace at the center of that which is reading this now.

j

• upside/down
    upside/down

nice to see you JT...

u/d

• defd
    defd

What you seem to be placing first defd, is some religious idea of some object or thing&separate and apart from you;

Jt it is something seperate. It is a ruling GOVERNMENT. Look up Isaiah 9:6 for starters. Gods Kingdom is a working GOVERNMENT.

As for the rest of what you said i have no idea what your talking about. You need to come down a level with your grammer for me, thanxz.

D.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Amen Prophecor, on both the answer to Paradise Earth and Train to Jordan.... Did you hear Rod Stewart sing that with backup on the Flood Aide? I could't help but move and snap.

In answer to DefD: If the Bible is true in the WTBTS interpretation, when I stand before Jehovah, Jesus, and the 144,000 at Judgement Day, that I will honourably stand for who I am, and everything I have done, both good and bad as an imperfect human. I willingly accept whatever judgement is handed down. Today I willfully live my life as if Judgement day were tomorrow. I do my best, just for today, to live by Jesus' and Buddha's examples.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I really never understood something. If god has always existed, wouldnt he have created the "one true religion" at the very beginning? The first religion ever who served Jehovah would be the true one. (which were not witnesses) Why would he wait till there are so many religions out there for us to play guessing games which one is the true one? And considering that he knows we are imperfect, and we may not understand, or we may question things, he will kill us in armagedon? Lets say a worldly person decides to go to tons of different religions, learns the beliefs, including the wts, and he picks catholics, cause he truely believes thats the one! He dies?

• vitty
    vitty

Defd

Even the word GOVERMENT sounds cold, unloving and legal . Dont you think?

If you started talking about the love of Jesus to a JW dont you think youd get strange looks? You may deny that, but honestly YOU are the only JW who ever mentions Jesus regularly.

• trevor
    trevor

Yeah - nice to see you James. Your comments are like a cool breeze on a hot day.

Lately we seem to have had two sparring camps on the board. Those who support religious belief systems and those who insist on an absolutely logical, scientific approach where everything must be proved.

It is hard to convey the idea that both approaches miss the greatest discovery ever. Whatever people are searching for is right here inside themselves.

Life itself is the ultimate reality. It needs no ID card or verification, it proves itself billions of times a day in every living creature and plant.

Defd

- Why not stand still and enjoy the breeze.

trevor

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Dfed, ever see this web page? http://www.mindspring.com/~anthonybuzzard/

How about this one? http://www.christadelphia.org/belief.htm (Part of which says "We believe that God will establish a Kingdom on earth at the return of Christ."

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Isaiah 9:6 for starters. Gods Kingdom is a working GOVERNMENT.

Isa 9:6 - For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace.

This seemingly fortells the coming of Jesus The Christ, or Yeshua the Messiah. No where does it talk about an earthly paradise, nor a working government.

I suggest you read your bible before you quote a scripture.

Also, I suggest you stick with the New Testament written for Christians, instead of the Old Testament, which Jesus made moot with his baptism and therefore acceptance of his mantle of The Christ.

• defd
    defd

you started talking about the love of Jesus to a JW dont you think youd get strange looks? You may deny that, but honestly YOU are the only JW who ever mentions Jesus regularly.

I sadly agree with you. In my Congregation it is the same way. One time i was talking to an Elder and he made a statement about Jehovah Judging usin the end. I interupted and said, No, brother, Jesus will Judge us. He then said you know what i mean! which i did know what he meant. But I told him that is why alot of people dont think we believe in Jesus because we do not give him credit where his credit is due.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit