Has anyone still have the hope..................

by defd 107 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

for living forever on a Paradise earth? If not, why?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Well lets see..........is there really going to be a new system? Alot dont believe that anymore. But, lets just say there was, we are all doomed anyway from what the wts teaches, so...............

• prophecor
    prophecor

It's coming, though not according to the WTBTS time tables, and I don't believe witnesses will be the only ones to survive, if even at all.

• under74
    under74

mmm...no. I think there's always going to be part of me that thinks I'm never going to die and that one day things are going to be utopian. Part of the reason I think I still have this in the back of my head is because I was raised a Witness and can't quite get rid of that stuff even if it's not the JW ideal any longer. Another reason I think is because it's human. Most of us think things will work out in the end...even if it's not realistic. Most of us can't really comprehend our own deaths...but it happens to everyone.

So, the most I can do is try to make the best of what I have and the time I know I have and not rely on those little visions of utopia and neverending life that if really taken serious could hinder my life. Waiting around for armegeddon or even heaven would just take time away from what I can do now.

I'm rambeling...does that make sense?

• defd
    defd

Butt light that is not true. Satan wants us to feel we are not worthy. However there is something we need to be doing and some have faded, some have stumbled and unfortunately some have outright made an about face. It is not too late for People.

Say to them, ‘“As I am alive,” is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, “I take delight, not in the death of the wicked one, but in that someone wicked turns back from his way and actually keeps living. Turn back, turn back from YOUR bad ways, for why is it that YOU should die, O house of Israel?”’

• prophecor
    prophecor

People get ready, there's a train comin'
    You don't need no baggage, you just get on board
    All you need is faith to hear the diesels hummin'
    You don't need no ticket you just thank the lord

People get ready, there's a train to Jordan
    Picking up passengers coast to coast
    Faith is the key, open the doors and board them
    There's hope for all among those loved the most
    There ain't no room for the hopeless sinner whom would hurt all mankind
    Just to save his own
    Have pity on those whose chances grow thinner
    For there is no hiding place against the kingdoms throne

People get ready there's a train comin'
    You don't need no baggage, just get on board
    All you need is faith to hear the diesels hummin'
    You don't need no ticket, just thank the lord.

• defd
    defd

It's coming, though not according to the WTBTS time tables, and I don't believe witnesses will be the only ones to survive, if even at all.

I totally agree. Jesus said it the best when he said, "Even what they IMAGINE they have will be taken away from them." Most of the brothers and Sisters will have a rude awaking and some of the faithful ones will be suprised who they see and DONT see in the New System!

• defd
    defd

U do make sense under. The Paradise is true alright. So is the situation we are in right now. I do not sit around everyday thinking about the New System. However I do know it is real and that does give me some hope and drive to continue with my course of worshipping Jehovah and being a disciple of Jesus, which by the way AINT always so easy!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ
    Say to them, ‘“As I am alive,” is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, “I take delight, not in the death of the wicked one, but in that someone wicked turns back from his way and actually keeps living. Turn back, turn back from YOUR bad ways, for why is it that YOU should die, O house of Israel?”’

Well defd.... i would say that I dont really have 'bad ways' (even if i was still a JW, and yet I am 'wicked' according to the WTBS.) Does that mean, because the WTBS label me as such, im NOT going to paradise or wherever? And who are they to judge me?

If and when Judgement day comes I'll be judged by God not by men.

If Jesus was around today he wouldnt be a JW (in your sense of the term)- especially with THAT beard! the reason that is, is because he taught people to follow God, not men, and unfortunately thats where the GB/WTBS have to disagree.

• Scully
    Scully

I have watched my parents grow old in This Old System Of Things™, putting off doing repairs to their house, putting off getting dental work done, putting off taking a vacation, Putting Kingdom Interests First™, Putting Kingdom Interests™ ahead of their own financial security and ahead of making the most of the life they HAD/HAVE. They Put Kingdom Interests™ ahead of their children's education, and ahead of teaching their children how to thrive and not just "survive" in the life we have NOW.

Building up Treasures In Heaven™ and hoping to live in Paradise™ is no substitute for common sense and taking care of the necessities of life now.

Having said all that, I'm not even thinking about being in Paradise™. Mainly because I no longer believe it will happen. EVER. And on top of that I don't need to be there. After 25 years of Theocratic™ drudgery I've stopped pissing my life away like my parents have done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit