Has anyone still have the hope..................

by defd 107 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

But what if they have stopped hearing ?

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Defd.

Just found this interesting thread. Personally, having studied scriptures, I don't believe the JW doctrine of paradise earth.

May I ask you as one who thinks, do you believe in the FDS appointment in 1919? Do you believe that the new covenant and the new testament are only for those who consider themselves anointed JWs?

What is the 'body of Christ'?

The Christian scriptures teach that joining a religious organisation has nothing to do with entry into that body. We become members of the body of Christ in one way, by our faith. Whosoever has accepted God's Son as his Head becomes part of that Body.

If we enter into a personal relationship with God through faith in his Son and his Son's sacrifice, we do not stand alone. We become part of a 'free people' whose 'law' is the law of love, written not on tablets but on human hearts.

In John 15 Jesus represents himself as a vine and his followers branches joined to the vine. He does not present himself as the roots and say the congregation is the stem to which his followers must be attached. Neither is the vital connection to the other branches. It is to Christ alone. That is how unity is achieved, Christ's body. Not members of a religious system, members of a religious community.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Oy vey. Defd, it seems like every time you post around here, it starts a big ol' controversy! But I dig that, I really do; these discussions always force me to reflect on just what it is I believe now that I'm no longer a witness. I do enjoy these discussions, as long as all parties remain civil to one another. Agreeing with each other isn't important, but civility mos def is.

To answer your original question, no, I no longer look forward to paradise on Earth. I don't think I ever really did, to be honest with you. I think that waiting for God to wipe out the evil and clean up all the toxic sludge we've smeared on this planet is really just a way of avoiding our own responsibilities. If conditions on Earth are terrible, then we, humanity, need to fix them. It's up to us to make this world a paradise, or to at least try. We've screwed things up so badly at this point, it will take quite a long time to clean up the environment, find a cure for AIDS, bring peace to the Middle East, etc., perhaps this will take us a thousand years or more. We'll never get it done within this lifetime; therefore the Divine ones who created us have given us the loving provision of reincarnation, so we can keep coming back until our work is done right.

Please do not take this expression of my beliefs as a condemnation of yours. While I may not agree with your religion, I respect your right to talk about it, just as I know you respect the wonderful spectrum of beliefs represented on this discussion board.

• Badger
    Badger

No, cause the hope is a steaming pile of doo doo.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    is there really going to be a new system?

I honestly don't know. But if there was, I would not live any differently as I live now. I try to be a decent person and help others where I can. If "searching for and reaching out to God" for over 30 years of my life did not show any results, then I'm sure He'll forgive me that I stopped trying.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    for living forever on a Paradise earth? If not, why?

No I believe when you die you go to heaven Evanescence

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    Defd said: Satan wants us to feel we are not worthy.

Actually the Society is the ones that wants us to feel like we are not worthy.

At this summers District Convention almost every talk started off with how sinful and useless we are as individuals but if you "go out in field service"/"study the WT more"/"donate more money"/"make all the meetings" (it depended on which point they were harping on in the talk) your faith will grow and you might be considered worthy in Jehovah's eyes.

They talked about how we are nothing without the Organization, and we would be foolish to leave.

That kind of discussion is emotionally abusive tactics and it is sad the Society takes advantage of people's sincere desires to worship and do good.

If there is a God, this is not the type of God I care to worship - and aside from a handful of wacky scriptures in the bible is not the type of God described in the bible.

-ithinkisee

• dh
    dh

i don't hold out any hope for fictional things, nor do i have any desire to live on a 'paradise earth'. if paradise is different to every person, how can the whole earth be one united paradise? it can't can it. it's just a jw fairy tale.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit