Has anyone still have the hope..................

by defd 107 Replies latest jw friends

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    defd:

I've just been catching up on the night's threads and so have just read your experience:

I sadly agree with you. In my Congregation it is the same way. One time i was talking to an Elder and he made a statement about Jehovah Judging usin the end. I interupted and said, No, brother, Jesus will Judge us. He then said you know what i mean! which i did know what he meant. But I told him that is why alot of people dont think we believe in Jesus because we do not give him credit where his credit is due.

I gotta tell ya that this is precisely how i started having my eyes opened! I found in our congregation there was one brother, a zealous person who both pioneered regularly and actually loved his Bible, who was the only one who reasoned the way you did.

It was the failure of the WTS to satisfatorilly deal with my questionsd on the nature of Christ that led me to believe that it's not "the Truth" that it boasts to be.

I hope you think long and hard about why it is that "the brothers" fail to give due "credit" (as you put it) to Christ. Why do you think it's so?

Ozzie

Defd this comment stood out to me too. You are a rare person inside the JW organisation who gives Jesus the honour he is due. I completely agree with what Ozzie replied upon it. I really urge you to keep studying thing. Keep examining things. James Thomas and Ozzie both have given you some things to give serious consideration. I urge you to do it. I have a lot of hope for you. Miss Peaches.

• Carmel
    Carmel

" Steeped in the literal interpretation and imitating the beliefs of fathers and ancestors they failed to understand the fact that although the body of Jesus came from Nazareth, the reality of the Christ came from the unknown place of the divine Kingdom. They also said that the sceptre of His Holiness Christ would be of iron, that is to say he should wield a sword. When His Holiness Christ appeared, he did possess a sword but it was the sword of his tongue with which he separated the false from the true; but the Jews were blind to the spiritual significance and symbolism of the prophetic words. They also expected that the Messiah would sit upon the throne of David whereas His Holiness the Christ had neither throne nor semblance of sovereignty; nay, rather, he was a poor man, apparently abject and vanquished; therefore how could he be the veritable Christ? This was one of their most insistent objections based upon ancestral interpretation and teaching. In reality His Holiness Christ was glorified with an eternal sovereignty and everlasting dominion, spiritual and not temporal. His throne and kingdom were established in human hearts where he reigns with power and authority without end. Notwithstanding the fulfillment of all the prophetic signs in His Holiness, the Jews denied him and entered the period of their deprivation because of their allegiance to imitations and ancestral forms.

(Abdu'l-Baha, Foundations of World Unity, p. 74)

defd, no longer am I a devotee of literalism when it comes to biblical prophecy

carmel

• vitty
    vitty

Defd

You say in YOUR congregation, you experience this, well can I tell you, you will find this in ANY cong you go to. Now I know your thinking of moving congregations, this is also something that JWs do. unfortunately you will not find what you are looking for in your new hall, cos basically they are all the same!!!!!

You are setting yourself up for disappointment.

I know there are many lovely, sincere witness in the org. But they are far out numbered by the ones who are not.

I cannot believe the WT has Gods approval. I now realize he looks at us as individuals, not under law and defintely not through the F&DS or elders.

• defd
    defd

es

No hunny, I am not counting time. Honestly it never crossed my mind. I am not interested in TIME spent, But the QUALITY of the time I spend.

• prophecor
    prophecor
    .....Jesus said it the best when he said, "Even what they IMAGINE they have will be taken away from them." Most of the brothers and Sisters will have a rude awaking and some of the faithful ones will be suprised who they see and DONT see in the New System!

How do you view that scripture as it pertains to those within the organisation, as well as the WTB&TS as a whole?

• defd
    defd

Proph

I view it the same way as I applied it to the friends. Alot of people think they are pleasing Jehovah and have an imaginary relationship with him. They are in for a rude awakening. As for me, I am struggling with many things, but I am FAR FAR from being like some within Gods ORG. I will continue to persist and endure and improve in hopes I could help some of my brothers and sisters.

• defd
    defd

Defd

You say in YOUR congregation, you experience this, well can I tell you, you will find this in ANY cong you go to. Now I know your thinking of moving congregations, this is also something that JWs do. unfortunately you will not find what you are looking for in your new hall, cos basically they are all the same!!!!!

You are setting yourself up for disappointment.

I know there are many lovely, sincere witness in the org. But they are far out numbered by the ones who are not.

I cannot believe the WT has Gods approval. I now realize he looks at us as individuals, not under law and defintely not through the FDS or elders.

Vitty

I am not just leaving the Cong. I am selling my house and moving. Not just to get away, but my family has grown out of our existing house and we need something BIGGER. (materialism) I do realize it is the same everywhere, however I have been to some that were much better, with less problems. People are people where ever you go, I realize that. As far as setting myself up for disappointment.........I already am disappointed. As far as God not approving of the FDS, I can not say and would NEVER say. I will say this though, If they are beating us up, Jesus will handle them! Vitty do not be fooled, we are under law, the law of christ. Jehovah does expect certain things from us.

D.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I will say this though, If they are beating us up, Jesus will handle them!

defd;

Many of the bros and sis innocently believe that but for many that's a big lie! I could give you a litany of examples of emotional and physical abuse committed by elders. Did you know that one branch committee had to be investigated for abusing the publishers? How much of it goes unpunished? So much is the tragic answer.

If "Jesus will handle it", I must ask When? and How?

Ozzie

• defd
    defd

Ozzie

Honestly i cannot really answer that ? I know this answer will not satisfy you or many for that matter, but I do know that ULTIMATELY in the end they will be thrown into the Lake of fire, be destroyed for ever. Right now what is there punishment? I do not know. I am sure it is SOMETHING Jehovah God and Jesus will not leave those types of individuals unpunished.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

defd;

Yet Jesus' words were "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

So how does that tally with what the dubs experience at the hands of the so-called "Jehovah's organisation"? Surely the R&F dubs are confused! They read those texts, they hear what they are told about "Jehovah's loving organisation", and yet they experience harsh and cruel treatment at the hands of those who are set as masters over them.

BTW Jesus' words say nothing of "ultimately" they would find refreshment, do they? That's adding to the scriptures in order to justify what you know is something wrong in the Organisation.

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit