Has anyone still have the hope..................

by defd 107 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

I have to go yall, see ya bright an early 2marrow

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

He must have a meeting to prepare for. Hope he remembers to turn off his apostate websites before he leaves the house to get a lovin' at the hall.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

By JWs' standards, I'm a goner.

I've given up on the idea.

DY

• joelbear
    joelbear

no, too many other falsehoods to believe that that is factual.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

DefD, I don't own a KJ version.

The only reason I have the two bibles I do, my NWT custom bound in red leather and given to me by my GrGrandmother, and her NWT circa 1984, is because I do not believe in throwing away holy books - of any kind - unless they become damanged in some way. The only reason I threw out my copy of the Koran was it got water damaged.

DefD... Are you truly a JW? I am surprised you are willing to use the King James version INSTEAD of the NWT to "prove" your points. Afterall, the KJ version is frowned upon by the WTBTS as a false version.

So in recap: You still support Jehovah's Government on Earth with Isa 9:6, but you only support it with the KJ version of the bible. That don't fly.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Jeff, the OT is full of political uprisings and rule-making and whatnot. Jesus was a political figure. Paul spoke of judging angels and Revelation is nothing but a book of political weirdness. The promise made to Abraham was a political one. I definitely think the Kingdom of God is political in nature according to scripture. That's one big reason I don't adhere to the ideology presented.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Brenda,

: DefD... Are you truly a JW? I am surprised you are willing to use the King James version INSTEAD of the NWT to "prove" your points. Afterall, the KJ version is frowned upon by the WTBTS as a false version.

: So in recap: You still support Jehovah's Government on Earth with Isa 9:6, but you only support it with the KJ version of the bible. That don't fly.

Be nice to the poor chap. He knows you know what he'll say in defence. He just tried one different angle witcha. Other 'celebrated scholars' also believe similar to WT millenialism, they ain't the only ones. Only to them, (as did to CT Russell) when the Good Book says "Jerusalem" it means Jerusalem, not some place far away in the cosmos somewhere.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    nice to see you JT...

Yeah - nice to see you James.

Thanks u/d and trevor.

Lately we seem to have had two sparring camps on the board. Those who support religious belief systems and those who insist on an absolutely logical, scientific approach where everything must be proved.

Actually these two camps are sleeping in the same tent. They both inhabit the plethora of complex beliefs and understandings of the mind, while ignoring what is closer and what all intellectual thought, beliefs and phenomenal existence appears within.

For those who blindly and tenaciously embrace religious beliefs and tiny deities, there seems little that can be said. However, for the more open and scientific minded, there is the invitation to place oneself under a strong lens of investigation to see if there is an Actuality yet unseen. Not so easy as it may require letting go of everything gathered so far which may condition or hide. In other words, when we let go of everything, where do we fall? What is here, when there is no thing?

Is there an underlying reality and truth in-which all sensations and intellectual expression happens? When all religious beliefs and scientific logic are quiescent, what is here then? What are all things dependent upon? What gives existence to existence? What is my foundational core? From what does the mind pilfer? Is there a bigger significance than all I believe myself and reality to be? Who am I, really?

Jt it is something seperate. It is a ruling GOVERNMENT. Look up Isaiah 9:6 for starters. Gods Kingdom is a working GOVERNMENT. ...As for the rest of what you said i have no idea what your talking about. You need to come down a level with your grammer for me, thanxz.

defd, generally the religious way to view God is as a fragment, an object, another player or character floating about within the universe. What I am referring to is what all existence resides within. What are you at the core? When all you believe isn't, what are you for-real? What is closer than close and truly looking out those eyes?

Personally defd, I am not concerned with Isaiah or any words from a book which shrinks our true significance to some diminutive deity. What I am referring to is what is true, real and present right here and now. It can not be explained as it is too big and is what the mind gets it's power of words and explanation from. It can not be spoken or written. However, since it is what you truly are, it can be consciously lived. This seems to require a brave humility willing to step outside of all beliefs in what is real and who and what I am.

j

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

HOLY SHIT JAMES THOMAS!! Great to see you man, I'm reading "The Power of Now". Im thinking of shaving off all my hair and joining a Buddhist monastery!

GBL

• heathen
    heathen

All I can say is it's not up to a publishing corporation to determine my future . That hope will always be there until the final judgement .I believe in a paradise earth because the bible mentions it not because of the WTBTS . Personally I don't think I'm such a bad guy .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit