Has anyone still have the hope..................

by defd 107 Replies latest jw friends

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Defd-

Personally, I agree with Trevor. I do believe in an afterlife &/or reincarnation. That this is just a journey.

But I have a question for you---If you haven't been disfellowshipped, why are you on an "apostate" site that the WBTS has warned everyone against?????

shelley

• defd
    defd

Today I willfully live my life as if Judgement day were tomorrow. I do my best, just for today, to live by;Jesus'

That my dear sister is a good attitude!

• defd
    defd

Isa 9:6 - For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. ; And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace

brenda read that verse from the kingjames version

• JH
    JH
    Lets say a worldly person decides to go to tons of different religions, learns the beliefs, including the wts, and he picks catholics, cause he truely believes thats the one! He dies?

Wrong answer......please step into the gas chamber

• defd
    defd

Isa 9:6 - For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder.; And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace.

This seemingly fortells the coming of Jesus The Christ, or Yeshua the Messiah.; No where does it talk about an earthly paradise, nor a working government.

I suggest you read your bible before you quote a scripture.

Hey brenda have you look up that scripture in the King James VERSION yet? After you do, I suggest that YOU read your bible!

apology accepted.

• Undecided
    Undecided

NO! The only reason anyone has this hope is because of a man written book that says in some mysterious way that maybe some will live on a new earth, while some may live in a new heavens. It seems God couldn't get anything right the first time, he had to do it over again, make a new one that was better than the original one. It's not explained who will live where, you just need faith that it will happen some day and if you don't live long enough to see it, you just need to kiss Hank's ass and when you leave town you will get it.

Ken P.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I doubt you will reply to this comment - as I have been condemned on your eyes as an evil apostate. [Though to my knowlwdge, not by Christ]

You quoted;

Isa 9:6 - For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. ; And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace

You were using that scripture as defense for a 'working government' under Christ I assume? The WTBTS's idea of that government is 144,001 persons, in heaven, directing billions on the earth, correct? Yet the implication of that scripture is that the authority rests solely with Christ himself, does it not?

Further, the billions that will be ruled over, according to Watchtower theology are to live on the earth, right? A primary scripture used by the WTBTS to support that is Revelation 7:14,15;

"So right away I said to him: "My lord, you are the one that knows." And he said to me: "These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. That is why they are before the throne of God; and they are rendering him sacred service day and night in his temple; and the One seated on the throne will spread his tent over them. ' " Revelation 7:14,15 NWT

Please note the exact wording of the Kingdom Interlinear Translation [Published by the WTBTS 1969] for those verses;

"And I have said to him Lord of me, you have known. And he said to me These are the (ones) coming out of the tribulation the great, and they washed the robes of them and they whitened them in the blood of the lamb. Through this they are in the sight of the throne of the God and they are rendering sacred service to him of day and of night in the divine habitation of him, and the (one) sitting upon the throne will tent upon them." Revelation 7:14, 15 KIT

That "rendering sacred service to him of day and of night in the divine habitation of him" just does not sound like earthly realm to me. Does it to you? Yet this is one of the cardinal teachings of Jehovah's witnesses. Yet to prove the assertion, Freddy had to alter the meaning of a key scripture. Didn't matter much to him, he assumed heaven as his eternal place either way. But it makes a helluva difference to the non-144000 doesn't it?

This, and other deceptive renderings of the sacred word is the reason so many have lost faith in your organization now. I thought I knew just what you think you know for almost 50 years as a witness. Now, I am not sure what to believe about the so-called paradise and government that you propose here, defd. I have been lied to, and so have you. I think by now, with your presence here for so long now, you know that too. Yet you put your trust in a religion that has failed it's own test of integrity, by intentionally mis-rendering scripture. Jesus condemned those who would dare to do that, did he not?

I left, not due to evil, nor even due to not believing some of the teachings, but due to lack of integrity by the organization.

Is there to be a paradise on earth? Not sure anymore. But I do have faith. It was never broken. I just left a lie to the past. Will you?

Jeff

• defd
    defd

I just left Will you?

NO!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

As to that matter of 'government'.

The NWT renders the word 'government' only 10 times.

Government of Persia - 3 times

Government of Israel - 1 time

Government of nations in general - 4 times

Government of Rome - 2 times

Never is 'God's Government' referred to in scripture. Yet the Watchtower publications referred to God's Government thousands of times. Who gave them the right to coin terms to explain what God saw fit to not explain?

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

defd - here is my quote. When quoting me, try and get it right. OK?

I just left a lie to the past. Will you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit