Prank call to Governing Body member Anthony Morris III gets through

by Watchtower-Free 143 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Trust me, the GB know to hang up once they are asked questions as mentioned Jonathan. They know a person would be recording it if they went through the trouble to ask them the questions. 
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Trust me, the GB know to hang up once they are asked questions as mentioned Jonathan. They know a person would be recording it if they went through the trouble to ask them the questions. 

It it doesn't stop them in person (conventions, bethel meetings, yearly meeting, zone visit) and if we are going to credit them with being smart enough to know they are being recorded on the phone then surely they know they are being recorded at these events. Yet they keep showing their true colors and saying insane things. To imagine him talking to a confused bethelite or brother saying lying is okay if it's theocratic warfare is no stretch, especially since a previous comment explained why he even picked up the phone to begin with. (It likely appears to come from within bethel)

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I am a disappointed that Cedars went about it this way. I don't like these childish pranks.  He had the perfect opportunity to ask questions on  any number of real issues and he blew it.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WTF was that?!..

Cedars gave Morris a false "cover story" so he could talk to him..

Cedars was obviously "Star Struck" and  immediately exposed his "cover story" as a "Tissue of Lies" ..

Then Cedars took a few Lame Swings at Morris.....Morris simply hung up the phone..

I`d say Tony Morris won that round....Not that he had to do anything..

Cedars beat himself up..

Security at Bethel will get an over haul this morning..

Morris will use "Cedars Phone Call to Tony Morris" in his next talk at a WBT$ JW Assembly..

To show how Sneaky and DimWitted,Lying exJWs are..

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    @OUTLAW...agreed...I'm getting slated on other exjw sites for similar views...
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

I think this might have been a little much. Seemed less practical and just personal against TM3. I am sure we all have our negative opinions about individual members of the org, high up or more local. But for such a large audience that Cedar has, I think he pushed his personal dislike for Morris into a not so good place.

• undercover
    undercover

Not that my opinion really matters in the wide scheme of things, but I was disappointed that Cedars pulled this prank. I like his website, but pulling a stunt like this can hurt credibility, especially to a doubting JW who reads his site, but then stumbles on the childish prank.  

And don't forget, when you make a frontal attack on cult members, or their leaders, it only causes them to scurry for cover.  

As  much as I hate the WTS, and religion in general actually, I know that at least in the USA, people have freedom of religion. If someone chooses to be JW, Mormon, Catholic, Westboro Baptist even, that's their choice. I don't agree with them, and I'll fight em if they try to force their beliefs or doctrines on me, whether thru personal/family situations, or thru political means even. But they have as much right to their religions as I have to not be in their religion. And attacking them on their turf is bad form, in my opinion. Defending is one thing. Attacking is another.

No one person is going to bring the WTS down. No one website will bring it down. Stooping to childish antics only serves to bolster their persecution complex.

Oh well... another day in the life of a self important apostate, I guess...

• kairos
    kairos

I thought it was hilarious.

Wouldn't have changed a thing. There is NO WAY any "serious topic" would have been discussed.

I loved the prank.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    @OUTLAW...agreed...I'm getting slated on other exjw sites for similar views...

Saw this, well done IMO. You remained far more civil than I would have.

• pixel
    pixel
    Wow. And Cedars told him how deluded he was. Wow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit