Prank call to Governing Body member Anthony Morris III gets through

by Watchtower-Free 143 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

The official Tony Morris might be quite another than the real Tony Morris. I think there are a lote of jokes and pranks at Bethel.  Probably they have had some laughs on the spanx thing.

The "Happy" video indicates that life at Bethel is nat always very strict.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"The official Tony Morris might be quite another than the real Tony Morris."

You have to wonder why; why can't they be real.

People respond to real.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"Probably they have had some laughs on the spanx thing."

Out here in the hinterlands, they are not laughing; they are taking it seriously; I heard a sister say that in her hall the clothing cops are watching over the whole tight slacks thing.

Tony is a dangerous clown; he also loves to hear himself talk, and what he has to say is homophobic, insulting and so far into left field he IS waking a few people up.

• millie210
    millie210

I hate to see this.

Its juvenile and just makes access to them more remote with justification.

Why hand them hammers to drive the "apostate" thing deeper?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I kind of liked it; he got punked, it's modern.

They seem to like modern technology and media; what is more modern that getting punked?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

It would be better press for them to handle it with grace and humor, but they are so unaccustomed to being criticized or questioned this is their response, to hang up or get angry.

They are very thin skinned.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I wish a little more forethought would have went into that call. Some very important issues could have been considered. Some real journalism would have been nice.

DD

• Absalom
    Absalom

If I had his direct line number, (and I don't think Cedars does) I would release it online so that he would be swarmed with calls from people who are having their lives torn apart because of his policies!

While he did have a good line about Morris being delusional, why not use your time to ask a real question to see if he would answer you?

It did seem like Morris knew who Cedars was and hung up immediately after hearing his name.

• lostnotfound
    lostnotfound
    Wow. What a golden, once in a life time opportunity you squandered. You had the chance to talk to a governing body member who thought you were a bethalite and could have asked him literally ANYTHING and secretly record his response and you throw it all away by pranking him? So stupid. So stupid.
  • DJS
    DJS

Different strokes, attaching a 'modern' label to it is also childish and immature. I'm modern in most every way, but this type of behavior towards a leader of a religion, company, etc. is sophomoric, juvenile and counter productive. I can't imagine anything good coming from this nonsense that will benefit the rank and file Dubs, the anti-JW movement or that will make the Dark Lords soften their hate-filled vitriolic teachings.

Most humans, when confronted with data that they are wrong, simply become entrenched. We see it on this site everyday. And these are normal humans (with the noted exceptions for the self appointed delusional new GB members or the traveling proselytizing, preaching, pious, and pontificating who routinely show up).

Since these men are about to sit at god's right hand and rule over the universe, the chance that any such prankish acts can touch their hearts is infinitesimally small. Nonexistent. The GB member will simply dust it off and continue to remind himself that he is the elite of the elite, and Cedars and those like him are apostates deserving of death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit