Prank call to Governing Body member Anthony Morris III gets through

by Watchtower-Free 143 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

It would have been worth it if TM had cursed at Cedars or said something of any value that brought backlash on him, but you get practically nothing from his end except a few words and a hang up. He didn't lose his cool, in fact he seemingly joked around with him about the tight pants for a bit, then cedars just insults him and he hangs up. To some of us as faders and exdubs this may seem hilarious, but to someone looking in, they wouldn't see it as so funny I'm sure. I really respect Cedars and his site, I have referred other faders there. It was a little disappointing for his reach and visibility to be wasted on a prank. 

If TM had blown up and called down damnation and said some crazy stuff, ok, but he didn't. 

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I agree with the comments cappytan said earlier!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Cedars Video is`t a Win..

The only lies exposed were Cedars,he did that to himself..LOL!!..

Then he calls Anthony Morris "Deluded"??!!..

While that`s true,the only deluded person in the video is Cedars..

Anthony Morris was Pretty Cool  about it all..

Until he figured out he was dealing with an Obvious Liar looking to Score a few Cheap Shots..LOL!!..

Then he Just hung up..

Morris was Cool right to the very end..

Cedars actually made WBT$ GB Rock Star Pope Anthony Morris look good..

I don`t think that was the plan..LOL!!..

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Personally, I think that the method he used to reach a GB member would have been much more valuable in the hands of a journalist.  ABC (or was it NBC) recently got access to film the Candice Conti appeal, and I'm sure they would've jumped at the chance to get a quick sound bite from a GB member.  

He could well have coached them on the lingo, and how to keep up the facade of being a member (if that would've been necessary) and a proper journalist with experience in asking tough questions from people in power would likely have made much more of the opportunity than to scold AMIII for his tight-pants rant.

This was an opportunity squandered, and another thing for indoctrinated JWs to point at in order to reinforce the "bitter apostate" label.  Maybe it wouldn't have yielded any results in the hands of a journalist, but at least it would've had a chance.  As it is, this was worthless at best and damaging to the apostate cause at worst.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

@undercover posts above is cracking and is entirely my point...

3 years ago I was mentally in...I looked at these sites but thought "dirty apostates"...but I read Cedars site and his site was free from any bitterness or any detection of personal anger against anyone in the org or the org itself...he simply stated facts and evidence and that really helped me go learn more and then get out.

Another person today in a similar situation as I was back then will take one look at Cedars site now and run and think "dirty apostate" because he loses credibility with calling GB members name, posting log blog posts about their talks and now prank calls.

Cedars had none of that 3 years ago when he had to remain behind John Cedars because he himself was not technically out.

Now that he is he certainly seems hellbent in joining the mass other of exjws who have sites and YouTube video's attacking every facet of the org...he doesn't seem to realise he has the ability to tap in and help someone make the first and hardest step and that is that God is not directing the organisation...don't get me wrong, the more sites and vids the better but the plethora of exjw sites and vids out there ONLY reinforce the fact that God has nothing to do with this org thus you must already be at that point to watch their vids and get benefit from...

If Cedars doesn't want to help those then fair enough but there are a severe lack of sites that can assist...his WAS one of them but now he has lost it, his internet ego is growing by the hour...I'm really put off by a lot of his recent blogs and vids, especially about AM3.

• Dagney
    Dagney

It's never been a secret how to call a member at Bethel.  I can't imagine why Cedars thought it would be. 

That's the best he could come up with.  Wow.  Big deal.  He tricked a guy who just picked up his phone.  Isn't he special.  He's so embarrassing.

Agree with notsosurewheretogo.  I have a JW friend who just left the org.  We were talking about something and she mentioned Cedars site.  I can't remember quite her comments but they were something to the affect that there is something not quite right there.  I never ever said a word to her about any of the crazy stuff that has gone on with Cedars and AAWA.  I just told her people are all at different stages, and the world is big enough for all types of exJW's, and at least he has the freedom to be who he wants to be.  That's about all I can say...  

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown
    Lloyd Evans (Cedars) tapped Tony Morris on his shoulder and said, here I am!  Tony Morris was forced to acknowledge him.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Wouldn't have changed a thing. There is NO WAY any "serious topic" would have been discussed.

I am divided on what could have been accomplished.

But, TOMO sounded human, with a genuine laugh.

Far different from his rants - these guys MUST have EVERYTHING scripted for them.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cedars really missed an opportunity here. I mean, he had an actual GB member on the phone! He should at least have asked him if his refrigerator was running or if he had Prince Albert in a can?

Dumb.

All this will do is make life miserable for a few low-level drones at Bethel that let this call through.

• RedPillPopper
    RedPillPopper

I thought it was good. Like Kairos said, there is NO WAY Morris would have answered ANY serious questions regardless who he thought it was coming from.

If he thought it was coming from a Bethelite, he would have told them to take it up with their Bethel Elder (or whatever they have now). If he thought Lloyd was an R&F JW he would have said to write a letter. The way Lloyd handled it allowed him the time to tell him directly that he is a fraud. That would not have been accomplished with questions.

I think there should be more of this type of thing sans the prank part. They try make us paranoid and scared of EVERYTHING and mistrusting of EVERYBODY, even those within our own congregations. And now they are using technology to spread that fear even farther. I think we need to do the same back on them. Use technology to make them paranoid. Make them be in fear and suspicious of everyone around them. They should be made to know on a regular basis that they are being watched and it may be their right-hand man that may be their worst enemy.

Within the bounds of legality, isn't there someone close to HQ that can paparazzi these guys on a regular basis. Lets get some photos of them as they come and go from the compound. Lets get some photos of what cars they are driving in and so forth. If I lived in the area that is what I would be doing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit