Prank call to Governing Body member Anthony Morris III gets through

by Watchtower-Free 143 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I think it was funny. Someone at Bethel will be hung out to dry for letting that call get through.

I am glad Cedars got to say his last statement to Morris about him being deluded. Any other issue Ceders would have raised, i.e. disfellowshiping, blood, UN affiliation would have been handled the exact same way...a hang up. This is how these guys, roll...run, run, run. They can't answer so they run!

Brother Morris stood in front of over 1 million people (some very good people who would give their last dime or meal to these guys) and insulted everyone.

Let's go beyond the tight pants thing . We have several family members who are going through some tough times (all JW's). Having to struggle financially in their golden years with hard labor due to pioneering back in the day. They are struggling with aging and health problems and Morris makes the statement that some feel Jehovah understands my situation but then goes on the say "that's not the Jehovah I know." Really? How do you think that statement made the ones sitting there feel, that have health/age issues, that have given their all in their youth?     

Shame on them for what they have done to some wonderful people that I know. The GB knew he was giving that talk (he had given the talk in Italy before the US) and they were all behind it.

I am pissed and I'm glad someone got to call that so called loving Brother deluded! I wish I could have personally done it myself!

Thanks Cedars!

• pbrow
    pbrow

What do you think would have happened if he would have put him on the spot?  Same result... dead air.

If this site has taught me anything its this...  you cannot reason with them if they do not want to be reasoned with.... Simple

For all those that think an opportunity was squandered you are mistaken and more than welcome to call up that deluded idiot yourselves and try to "catch" him.  For god sakes the man records himself saying dumb shit, what does cedars need to that for!!!???  For those of us who are awake and openly out, this was simply a prank, and that is all it was ever going to be.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

Fuck tony morris, fuck the governing body.  Say it loud and say it proud! 

pbrow

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

@toesup -  this is the problem with misquoting them.  You undermine your whole argument. Tm3 didnt say "thats not the jehovah i know"  in regard people who are aged and struggling. He specifically said with regard to people who are able to do more but arnt doing their best and use the excuses that jehovah understands. Its a finite differance but your taking him out context and its easy to deflect inaccurate  criticism. 

Which brings us back to cedars....  Foolish prank calls undermine the serious grievances countless exjw's have with the organization. He basically boils his complaints down to tight pants.  Easily deflected and quickly classified as juvenile.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I think he would have hung up very quickly but that would have been far less flattering on Morris.

Questions I would have asked (in no particular order):

- please can he explain, using the scriptures only, the basis for the current understanding of the generation

- why does the answer to the question on shunning on JW.ORG fail to point out that disfellowshipped children of Witnesses are to be shunned if they do not live at home?

- why does he not think that Jehovah's Witnesses are creationists?

- why do Jehovah's Witnesses accept blood fractions produced from donated blood yet refuse to donate blood themselves on the basis it should be poured out?

- when will Jehovah's Witnesses provide a rebuttal of all the scientific evidence that humans have been on the earth for far longer than 6000 years

- does he have any sympathy for the victims of child abusers who have remained as Witnesses in good standing even after being proven as abusers?

- how much does he think Candice Conti should be entitled to in damages?

- if one of the primary reasons for preaching is as a warning work and people will be judged on their response to the message, then how does he reconcile the implication that billions of people will be destroyed at Armageddon with the common perception amongst Witnesses that Jehovah will be merciful to many?

Sure, you might have got 10 seconds into the call before he hung up but it says more than having a bit of banter about tight pants.

• DJS
    DJS

If Cedars had been prepared to ask such important questions and had asked them, regardless of the GB's response, it would have at least appeared to be journalistic and potentially revealing. As he has shown, it was a prank call from the laundry room; his marketing niche is clearly sophomoric males in the 14 - 28 year age group. Sorta like Hardee's/Carl's Burger joint commercials. But at least those have half naked hot girls.

This is almost completely about Cedars' ego and narcissism and almost nothing about the Dark Lords. 

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    For all those that think an opportunity was squandered you are mistaken and more than welcome to call up that deluded idiot yourselves and try to "catch" him.  For god sakes the man records himself saying dumb shit, what does cedars need to that for!!!???  For those of us who are awake and openly out, this was simply a prank, and that is all it was ever going to be.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

As I said earlier, kudos to Cedars for getting through.  I get it was a prank call but Cedars has demonstrated time and time again that he can put a logical argument together so why not try and make the guy feel a bit more uncomfortable?

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

The governing body members think they are on equal footing with Christ. Hell, as Terry casually pointed out a few days back, anointed = Christ (greek) and messiah (hebrew). Anyone who thinks they're anointed are actually claiming to be the second coming of  Jesus!

And I doubt Cedars expected to actually get put through to Morris. With that in mind, i think he did alright as far as talking about stuff goes.

Again, there is no telling these Christ-in-the-flesh posers that they are NOT who they say they are. These Messiahs cannot be denied their godhood!

Oh, and how many of the governing body are on the cusp of being morbidly obese? As anyone knows, diet is the proper way to control weight. That poor top button on Tony Morris' coat during the TV Jw broadcast looks like it's about ready to burst off his jacket.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Personally I think this is very poor taste. 

We're talking about a man who bans people for giving constructive criticism or just disagreeing with his position because he views them as trolls. But then, rather than use this opportunity to get Morris talking and give him enough rope to hang himself with he just trolls in his own way. What an incredible hypocrisy. 

If any governing body member was going to admit on recording that they covered up moleststions or other things as theocratic warfare while trying to encourage a "bethelite" it was Morris, but nah, let's troll him for a laugh instead. 

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

What I want to see, is a video where Tony Morris is confronted by Rick Fearon on a public NYC street.  After TMIII refuses to debate with Rick, Rick then produces a cream pie and puts it into TMIII's face.  Now THAT, would be funny as h*ll. 

Cedars deep-seated anger towards the religion is what is being produced here.  He's so angry at what the religion did to him that he'll stop at nothing to insult them.   

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

C'mon people Tony TightPants would not talk about doctrines or whatever with a laundry minion. 

I think it was good enough to call him deluded and more important get him to know that there are moles in everywhere. Jehovahs hands... LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit