It is finished, or is it just beginning?

by IP_SEC 183 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

L'Chaim

To life!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    L'Chaim

To life!

Back at you my friend. L'Chaim

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

G'Day Mat

I too haven't followed your story as I am new here but...

Welcome to the beginning of enquirey.

Good luck and patience with the one closest to your heart, as a little bit of her is dying at the moment. Hopfully in time she may see the potential for abundant growth with you

Good on you for showing those cowards real gutzz and integrity

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

wow.

matt, not only do you write well, but you also sound like a very thoughtful person. i am sorry to hear the pain you are going through. it is really tough. but you did the right thing. congratulations. reading your post, was almost like listening to my mind. you really hit home with me.

lately, i have been wondering if DA'ing myself so soon after deconverting myself was the right thing to do. everything happened so fast. but reading your thoughts on honesty and being open with those around you, make total sense.

your thoughts on being an adult, and going with the honest truth, rather than to stay in delusion: awesome.

best to you old boy, peace be with you,

josh

• Frog
    Frog

Hi there, thankyou for sharing your post with us. I really hope that you fully believe all that you have concluded with respect to growth and pain, and real truth. These ideals are things that I too have come to subscribe to after making the very necessary decision to leave the faith. You will be stronger, and even more unique for this experience. The world is an exciting place, and now you have a whole world of opportunities, and new thoughts that are opened up to you. Within the world there is unquestionably good and bad, trials and pain but altogether its such a great to place to be, and having questions you can't answer about life is far better than answer you can't question. I loved your attribution on maturity is reached when you no longer feel the need to be lied to (hope I didn't destroy your brilliant quote!). There is more truth in that saying than there appears on the surface. Truth, and being true and honest with yourself, and intune with what you believe to be truth is essential for a meaningful existence.

Anyway I wish you all the best through this rough ride. You seem a very insightful person dedicated to truth and honesty, so I am certain that you come out of this both opptimistic and with great mental peace.

Congratulations! love from ex-sister frog (hehe) :-)

• desib77
    desib77

Wishing you the best. I can only imagine how tough this is for you. Good luck with your marraige and your fresh new outlook on life.

Hugs,

Desi

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Tetrapod, thanks that means a lot coming from a person as yourself.

(hope I didn't destroy your brilliant quote!).

Thank you Frog, I wish I could take credit but that was a quote of Frank Yerby. After reading some of his works and biography, I thought he was a person who really knew what he was talking about when he made that statement.

Matt

• Flindersgirl
    Flindersgirl

Matt; all the best for your future and good on you for being courageous enough to take this step. It does take courage. Having been through it myself and for those of you who have also been through the leaving process we know why people "lurk" as they say. I can tell you it most certainly is the beginning....

Peace!

FG

• Dustin
    Dustin

Good luck. I hope you find hapiness at the end of your journey.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Man, IP, my thoughts are with you tonight. I still remember when I DA'd myself and how that event was one of the most momentous of my life.

I'm not surprised the JW elders don't want to discuss specifics. I tried to find one that would talk to me in detail BEFORE I left, all the way up to one of the most senior writers on the Bethel staff. No one wanted to answer the tough questions, because the leaders of the WT are not interested in truth as they are control. I decided I wasn't going to run myself ragged every week for a publishing corporation that treated truth with such contempt. Truth was my motivation to serve. Once I realized the leaders weren't interested in truth, my motivation to serve them evaporated.

Best wishes. You have guts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit