It is finished, or is it just beginning?

by IP_SEC 183 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Just coming back to say hey, and let you know you are really on my mind..........

Mean what I said in email, when you are ready

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

purps

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Matt,

My thoughts are with you as you face the next days and weeks. As you say, growth is sometimes painful, but always worthwhile. To brighter days ahead!

SNG

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Good for you Matt'. Let us know how it goes with your Mum. Gotta say, In a weird way I'm a bit jealous - you've taken that final leap into freedom that I'm still hesitating over.

I think Gill said it best; "one day comes and you can't live the lie any more without destroying yourself".

• bavman
    bavman

Congratulations on new beginnings and a cleared heart!

He just left, asking all of the questions you'd expect. 'Where will you go'? Telling me I'm full of myself. Asking why I didn't just come to him earlier when he could help. He refused to listen to a word.

and....

The elder was the one I was closest to. He was heart broken that I did not come to him. He was right in calling me a hypocrite for going so long in something I don't believe in.

Your' so called friend only says you are full of yourself because you don't agree with him and the society. You could make the same argument about them. It's all relative. No doubt you have voiced to some extent concerns you have had however they really don't want a real discussion with you on any of it only for you to except what they say. He was "heart broken" was he? So, it's about HIM then is it? Sounds selfish and blind to me. YOU are a hypocrite? For trying to give them the time to straighten out there religion and for wanting to keep your' marriage in tact? If you had voiced every concern to them they would have wore you down or kicked you out themselves. They simply don't and won't understand. Therefore it doesn't matter. You did what you had to do. You were a man about it. Be proud and in peace. I wish you best of luck now in dealing with your' wife first of all. I sure hope it goes well for you. I personally applaud you for your' honest stand for truth!!!

• Sith
    Sith

Matt, I just wanted to add my condolences/congratulations. "Is it finished, or is it just beginning?" It's both. I personally spent many years being a part of an organization and way of life that I absolutely despised. I did it for my family and friends, and because I felt guilty feeling the way I did. Friends are not friends and family members don't really love you if they expect you to live within their own little perception of the world.

Years ago, I began to realize what it means to be true to yourself, regardless of the consequences. "To thine ownself be true". Good luck.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    calling me a hypocrite for going so long in something I don't believe in.

I havent read this thread yet, just your post, but I just want to tll you that I feel for you at the moment, even though you have done the right thing. There is no way you can be critisised as a hypocrite, when the JW set up forces every JW to live a lie, even those convinced it is the truth. The whole organisation is based on hypocrisy, so that is their doing, not yours.

If you had been in real Christianity, you could have gone to your friends with your doubts, and received genuine support.

I wish you well.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Matt,

Heartfelt congratulations for what you have courageously finished and best wishes for whatever is just beginning. One cannot overemphasise the need to be as patient and careful as possible with your wife and relatives -- however do not worry too much as you are not the only one it is up to.

Hang in there, and take care.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

(((Matt)))

...just because I think you might need quite a few hugs today.

Lisa

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I'm doin good, to a large degree because of your positive responses. I feel up right now. Im not a moody person, maybe it will last... yes... yes I think it will.

Much love to yallalla yall

Matt (+NO+)

• upside/down
    upside/down
    maturity is reached the day we no longer need to be lied to about anything.

Awesome!

Never forget who the real "hypocrites" are...

u/d (of the now the real growth begins class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit