It is finished, or is it just beginning?

by IP_SEC 183 Replies latest jw friends

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Matt, I have not followed your posts, just this one. As others have said, this is both. Finished, never look back. That's the final chapter of the old Matt. The next chapter is just beginning. This is all part of the story of life, you are the writer. I can only wish you well, and keep you in my prayers. I don't know if you have children, you mentioned your wife and mother. I pray for them, especially your wife, that she will in her own time, know the real truth.

Shalom my friend,

AuntieJane

• Terry
    Terry
    The elder was the one I was closest to. He was heart broken that I did not come to him. He was right in calling me a hypocrite for going so long in something I don't believe in.

Oh Poppycock!

They are ALL actual hypocrites. You are intellectually honest. You had CONSCIOUS reasons for what you did while they are slaves to unconscious manipulations and cognitive dissonances.

Active JW's live in a mind bubble as artificial as Astro-turf. They are NOT ALLOWED to think. It scares them to death to encounter any actual living, breathing example of another JW who STOPS the insanity and walks away. Why? It confronts them with reality that they secretly compartmentalize and quarantine off from rational analysis.

They have to be angry to protect them from fear. What if THEY ARE WRONG??

A life wasted is theirs. A life begun is yours.

Take a deep breath and smile; you performed the Great Espcape of a lifetime.

Now, cleanse your mind of all traces of false definitions and artificial concepts which are engines that drive their crazy world. Effects without causes are the biggies.

Congratulations. Your life and your mind now belong to YOU.

T.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Matt,

A quote by an unknown author has been posted on our refridgerator for all of us to be reminded of and thought I'd share it with you:

COURAGE TO CHANGE

To Seek Unknown Potential

"It takes great courage and inner strength to change from what is known and comfortable,

to something which is new and fresh.

That which is unknown often contains our greatest potential.

To seek our potential by visiting change, is the path of true greatness."

Here's to new beginnings!

4JWY & family

• Mulan
    Mulan

Someone posted this amazing comment a few weeks ago, and I liked it so much that I typed it out and have it hanging on the wall in my office by the computer (at home). Maybe it will help you too.

"I have more respect for people who change their views after acquiring new information than for those who cling to views they held thirty years ago. The world changes. Idealogues and zealots don't."

I wish I could give credit to the author, but I just don't know who it was.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    Well I am no longer one of Jehovah's witnesses.

No longer one of who's witnesses? Even in the NWT, why does the name of Jehovah not appear at all in 7 books of the New Testament.

Jesus said And then you will be MY WITNESSES not only in Jerusalem but throughout Judea and Samaria and indeed to Earth's remotest end. (Acts 1:8 New Jerusalem Bible)

If you are insulted for bearing CHRIST'S NAME, blessed are you for on you rests the spirit of God. (1 Peter 4:14 New Jerusalem Bible)

But if any of you should suffer for being a CHRISTIAN, then there is no shame but thanksgiving to God for bearing THIS NAME. (1 Peter 4:16 New Jerusalem Bible)

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I know it is a tramatic time in your life. However, I know that you know that the road only gets wider and brighter. It goods to see your face and know your name.

Matt, I'd like to shake your hand.

• Es
    Es

I hope all goes well Matt es

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

"I think Gill said it best; "one day comes and you can't live the lie any more without destroying yourself"." How can one be a hypocrite when doing what is necessary to save oneself? A sane and joyful life is what you are in line for now. True there will be difficulties and emotional tug of wars, so I highly recommend staying in close contact with those you know who are supportive of you for yourself. It is the beginning, you will now experience life and all it has to offer. Your eyes and mind are in the clearing stage. I hope your beloved wife will get past her fears and...well, fears, and relax and listen to you with an open heart and mind. It will be very, very difficult for her and she may not initially, but someday she will have to acknowledge the doubts she likely has herself. We all do these things in our own time. I send you possitive thoughts

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Thanks again guys

The world changes. Idealogues and zealots don't

Ya thats one of the things that makes me maddest. They are so proud of changing their beliefs on a whim. They are so progressive. NOT! They are the hardest headed, stiffnecked folk I've ever dealt with, unless a member of the Gooberning Body gives the word.

It would be one thing if they really had beliefs, but they dont. They have dogma and a 4 or 5 scriptures they quote over and over again. One of my happiest moments happened a few minutes ago. My friend came by to pick up my keys to the hall and stuff. He asked if I'd be willing to meet with them. I said "sure! If you will hear me out" Nope, no way, only on their terms with a view to 'helping' me. I told him that I'd be happy to help them... he just shook his head.

Rich, maybe we'll meet some day.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

What I think of IP_SEC......

"He Aint Heavy...He's My Brother" BJ Thomas song.

Matt..........I will carry you as much as you need to be carried at this time. What you did took a lot of courage. I'm happy that your mom is loving you enough to keep the bond of mother/son. And I will pray that your wife will keep loving you and also see the folly of the WT society.

As an ex elder who gave talks at other KH's, assembys and conventions, I know what you meant about the feeling of not wanting to lose what you felt when you did these things.

Even now........there are some I miss. But that was in my past life. You will continue to live well no matter how much good or bad comes down the road.

One last thing..........you are not a hypocrite. JW elders wearing blinders to the truth are!

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit