It is finished, or is it just beginning?

by IP_SEC 183 Replies latest jw friends

• fairchild
    fairchild
    got a big lump in my throat and tears in my eyes

Yeah, me too.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

(((((Matt)))))

I hope you know you had the full support of many here, including me, before this very brave decision, and you continue to have it during and after.

Turn to your friends often. We admire your personal integrity, share your weaknesses and strengths, and we understand many of the difficulties that now face you. And we care...

Much love,

~Merry

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hang tough, Bro'. You got my number. Call me if you need/want to talk.

Scary times, for you and for Mrs. Sec. Give her lots of space, let her get away with lots of rants and raves. Most/All of it will be emotionally based and won't actually mean anything. "I can't live with an apostate" just means "I'm not happy right now". Give her time.

Dave

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Best to you mate. I hope your wife comes around.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Congratulations Matt. It takes courage to be honest with yourself. It only gets better from where you are.

Always remember, YOU are the good guy.

GBL

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Matt!

Whatever happens now, and I mean whatever, you have done the right thing. You don't need me to tell you but, from my own experience, one day comes and you can't live the lie any more without destroying yourself.

I'm sorry that your wife has felt the way that she has...so far...but you know what her fears are....be patient...be loving and you may be surprised.

My husband made my life better every day, and was kinder every day, until I finally understood what I felt myself and followed him into freedom.

You've started with your first step. Don't look back... I promise you it gets better and better....just leave your hand out for your wife....I hope she will follow you....be kind.

Good luck! Isn't free air good?!

• JH
    JH

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

((((Matt))))

You, my dear friend, are no hypocrite!
    You are one of the finest, and I am SOOO proud of you, and the way you've held it together over these last few weeks and months!

You have taken one of the hardest steps of your life, and I can SO empathise.
    I'll be watching this thread intently, because if anyone gives you any hastle I'll be slapping them upside the head!

A word to the wise, you will likely feel washed out for the next few days/weeks, and maybe some of the grieving that you've been holding in, to "act normal" in a high-pressure situation as an Elder, will come seeping out.
    Be kind to yourself, and share your feelings as you feel able.

There for ya bro!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Wow,

You've shown strength and courage in your decision. I'm sure your head's in a strange place right now. It's a shame that your wife had to seek out the elders, but that's a knee jerk reaction of a Jdub. She's probably scared and confused. This is also a life changing moment for her. Give it time, empathy and patience and love will conquer all.
    I know you had planned a dossier on your reasons to leave, which you wanted to present the elders/Congo with, and it looks like you didn't get that chance. No big deal, they wouldn't of read it anyway, or listened. Maybe, the dossier was only for you.

PM me if you ever need a chat.

Take care Matt,

steve

• prophecor
    prophecor

Strength, courage and conviction are yours, Matt. It is not for the faint of heart to be true to oneself. I imagine you feel a little disillusioned, now that the reality of the situation kinda' stares you straight in the face, or maybe it has slapped you square in the face. I don't know. The transfer of power must be a huge thing to deal with. You've been able to see the world from both sides of the street for so long. Now it's just a one way. I believe you'll be successful in your final exit strategy. And yes, your real life will begin now. There's a lot of living out here in the real world, though, Matt. I think you will bring a lot to it. It's a scarry place, but it can be a beautiful place. God, I believe, is so much larger than a Kingdom Hall. Life will accept you, life will embrace you. Life is more kind than most of us would realize.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit