It is finished, or is it just beginning?

by IP_SEC 183 Replies latest jw friends

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Good job Matt!!!

Once the shock wears off I'm sure you will feel like a huge weight has been lifted from your shoulders. You can finally start to everyone EXACTLY how you feel without having to edit your doubts, fears, and questions.

What organization that has the "truth" can't with stand questioning and examination....one that hides from the light has no light.

I was excited to hear your farewell talk...but you made the choice that was right for you...and your departure I'm sure will be the talk of the congo. You may yet give witness to how the Dub's handle this. If anyone asks questions about why you left they will incriminate themselves by harshly clamping down on that person and telling them to mind their own biz...that Jahoba is cleansing the congo....and to be honest they will probably start a witch hunt talking to all who knew you or associated with you to "stamp out this apostacy". By their own actions they will cause more damage.....and will free more minds.

Good luck with your wife and family!

• fairchild
    fairchild

(((matt)))

Had to log on quickly to give you a hug. I'll try to be in chat at Dave's site later on tonight, should you be on line...

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I heard this a long time ago......

..We go through life and trade one set of problems for another set.

the old ones we just can't deal with, they are deadend........maybe we solved them.........

We learn and move on

and then a whole host of new problems come around to solve in our lives.

I just wanted to share that with you.

• Rod P
    Rod P

Hi Ip_Sec (Matt)!

I have appreciated your posts this past while. I was profoundly moved by the brave step you just took.I know from experience what it takes to do what you did.

The battle between doing what other people expect of you, and what you must do for yourself, is a tough one. You have to decide what is the priority here.

Do you sacrifice what you believe in your heart for the sake of your friends and your family, especially your wife, your life-mate and companion? Is that being selfish? (I know, you struggle with feelings of guilt and self-doubt, and what you are putting your family thru.) Let's say you did that for the rest of your life. You would be torn apart inside, believing one way in your heart, while externally conforming to the rules and practices and teachings of an Organization that you and your loved ones are following. Now then, what would you be offering your loved ones? Would they be getting the real, spontaneous you, or a man walking around trying to live up to others' expectations. "Like a lamb to the slaughter."

On the other hand, now that you have taken this step, and once everyone gets over the initial shock of it all, perhaps they will come to accept you for the way you are. Maybe even admire and respect you for standing up for yourself. Maybe eventually even consider what you have to say. But this will take a lot of time and a lot of patience. They have lots to adjust to, just as you do.

You have made the right decision. "To thine own self be true!" The longer you live that and contemplate it, the more you will feel of a surety that this is the only way. Many a time when I struggled with these issues in my life, I concluded that "If I am no good to myself, how can I be any good for anyone else?" And so I lived with the pain, but also came thru the pain stronger than ever, and this was not the last chapter to be written. Opportunities will open up, even though they will come to you in the most surprising and unexpected ways.

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. That's why Today is called "The Present".

Use your Present for good. All the best in the weeks and months ahead, Matt. Keep your chin up, and stand tall. The best is yet to come!

Regards,

Rod P.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Hi Matt,

I just want you to know I've appreciated your posts and support your decision. You are courageous.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Again, I want to thank you all, you dont know how much your support means to me. It is the end of the day now and I'm reflecting on my first day of freedom....

There are many things I look forward to: Voting, holding a civic office, helping out in a charity, wishing anyone a happy whatever I feel like, speaking to disfellowshiped or disassociated people, apostafests, getting a degree, saving for retirement, helping people break free of any cult-esp JWs

There are many things I am glad to be no part of now: Mind numbing, purposeful ignorance, Congregation meetings, CAs, DCs, COs, DO. Judicial hearings, shunnings, the contradictory whims of the writing and service committees, the service committee, field svs reports, beating the flock.

So all's well that ends well eh? I refuse to hold a grudge, that is a waste of time, and hurts no one but me. I still love you all of my witness friends even if you choose to shun me. I feel sorry for you and hope that it is not long before you learn the truth about the truth, and not waste another moment slaving for a publishing company.

To all you my friends here. Live well, dont be consumed by hate of them and what they've done to you. Live well and embrace what ever may come. Live well and have the best revenge.

I totally believe in the premise of karma, even if you are a christian, the idea is there. You will reap what you sow. Be excellent to each other. Those codgers in Brooklyn well have their comupance.

If you are lurking and on the fence. Anyone who cant think for himself is an idiot; if he wont think for himself, he is a fool; if he is too afraid to think for himself, he is a coward.

Yay! It was a good day to die.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Wow Matt I can only imagine what you are going through right now and the stress you must be under. I hope you are able to make your marriage work. Good luck!

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

WOW!!

What a day you've had....!!

Thanks so much for sharing so much with us. Truly inspiring.

Happy Birthday. (Odd to me to say that, but I think it applies.)

Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to know; Dare to have knowledge/wisdom)

You are the Daring-est guy today.

• kls
    kls

Awww my friend ,you really did it ,not that i didn't think you wouldn't but i thought it would take longer . You do sound relieved and it will be rough for awhile but you know in your heart and mind you are right.

(((( hugs Binner )))

• JW83
    JW83

Matt, I'm glad you finally put your pic up!!

Hugs to you. I did the same thing almost five years ago now & I have never ever regretted it. I lost my family for a while, and all of my friends/community, but now I have a beautiful hubby & daughter, a degree, my family back, a sense of freedom that no one can take away. I wish the same for you. Courage is always rewarded.

Good luck with your wife & mum - tread gently but firmly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit