I really blew it......I am the nightmare householder!

by Why Georgia 122 Replies latest jw friends

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Why Georgia:

Thanks for your response. I hope for your sake you keep the attitude you have today. My point all along was that the two gentlemen did have the right to visit your husband in the first place, without being threatened.

The situation is totally different now and I'm sure they will honor your wishes. It sounds like they've only heard you say your husband doesn't want to talk to them. If he would speak up it could have been all handled without police intervention.

In another life, my husband spoke for me. He had no right to. He spoke his thoughts and said they were mine. Each of us has the right to speak for ourselves.

• patio34
    patio34

Wow, this really feels strange---it's my first post in a very long time.

WhyGeorgia, you have really interested me in this thread. I've read the whole thing and see a lot of good points. My heart goes out to you for the frustration you must be feeling. It's as though someone deliberately baits you, then calmly says you're crazy when they've succeeded! It's kind of a game to some people to see if they can rile others up. Not that it seems the "elders" were consciously attempting this, but it's the arrogance of feeling they "speak for God" that makes them do this in effect.

Your title of this thread seems to tell of your frustration! Imo, you did not "blow it," but were merely pushed to your limits by manipulative, for whatever reason, people who think their rights as God's spokesmen transcends other peoples' rights. A lot of psychopaths do that too

And then they say "I rest my case."

You've been had and I'm glad to see that you're taking steps to prevent the bullies from continuing. I've had some bullies in my life and can empathasize with your reactions. And, like you, after becoming I took steps to prevent them from interacting with me. What's the saying? That when you dance with a gorilla, after a while you realize they are enjoying it! Or some such thing.

Good luck,

Pat

• sf
    sf
    Sometimes life throws you a curve ball and you retreat to places that were familiar.

Your kingdom hall wasn't familiar enough? What about jehovah being your strength, your rock? Why can't you just be/ get honest? You are very transparent. You aren't fooling anyone here with this excuse as to why you are still here. Just be honest already.

sKally

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

sKally:

You say I am transparent and I'm not fooling anyone here with my excuse.

Well, you tell me. You seem to have all the answers.

p.s. ... I'm beginning to think your mental state is a bit fragile.

• sf
    sf

Of course you would think that. It diverts attention away from yourSELF. Par, again.

sKally

• sf
    sf

What you classically and predictably diverted was:

Your kingdom hall wasn't familiar enough? What about jehovah being your strength, your rock? Why can't you just be/ get honest?

You managed to avoid answering all three. Par, again.

sKally

• unbeliever
    unbeliever
    p.s. ... I'm beginning to think your mental state is a bit fragile.

Do you know what a red herring is?

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

sKally:

I didn't answer because it's none of your business.

I diverted nothing ... simply said what I thought of your mental state.

• sf
    sf

No. You diverted, like you are now, again.

sKally

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

SF, you will notice that FIN never replied to what I brought up concerning her post about WG either. A real master in digression.

It also irritates me that when FIN refers to the JWS coming to WGs home, she always calls them "gentlemen". Not as JWs. Odd.

When I was a JW, I went to homes (unexpected and unannounced of course) and met with years of hostility and rude remarks.

Now, I don't go to anyone's home where I am not welcome, uninvited or that don't feel comfortable.

What "comfort" would be offered to WG's hubby WHEN HE HADN'T HAD A "CALL" IN 15 YEARS????? You KNOW it's not gonna be to invite him over for coffee and donuts!!!! Get real, FIN. We ALL know the "game".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit