I really blew it......I am the nightmare householder!

by Why Georgia 122 Replies latest jw friends

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

sKally:

OK ... no diversion here ... one thought ... Ok?

I think your mental health is fragile.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

FIN,

Ya think it's maybe about time to stop playing armchair psychiatrist, analyzing the posters, and get with the program........ Answer the questions posed to you!

Why bother to join in a discussion---toss out criticism without replying to things asked---then say it's none of your business?

Are you counting your TIME seeing how it's getting toward the "last days" of the month? That might explain your sudden "comeback" huh?

VERY weird.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Just for the record...I don't go around swearing and screaming at people. Only when I have PMS and low blood sugar would I ever come unglued like I did in the beginning of this post. Not that PMS and Low Blood Sugar is an excuse but it did add to an already tense 7 year long situation. I feel completely violated by the Jehovahs Witnesses. I have had them butt into my personal business, my medical records, my bedroom, my everything....And I am so very tired of this. Just because someone is an elder in a congregation doesn't give them any right to attempt to break up a marriage.

My anger yesterday was aimed at this elder for the following reasons.

1. He has known my husband for a very long time. Darling husband grew up in this congregation.

2. He has been evil to my husband his whole life - once telling my husband he couldn't give his talk at theocratic ministry school because his hair was almost touching his ears. This man also harrassed my mother in law when she filed charges of sexual abuse against another member of the congregation....then this same elder did nothing to the person who is a pedophile and molested at least 10 children in the congregation. He is a power hungry nosy self important weasel.

3. This elder ruined my husbands grandmothers funeral. Yes, her JW son who had power of attorney asked him to speak but he turned it into a bible study recruiting seminar for the JW's - even handing out tracts and asking people to open up their bibles to page.....in a funeral home! He could have been more sensitive to the rest of the family that are not JW's.

4. This elder who has known my husband and his family for a very long time mispronounced his name. Then had the nerve to ask me if I was sure that Darling Husbands name isn't pronounced the wrong way. As I said in my first post...my husbands name is 4 letters and it's an easy name...It would be like someone mis-pronouncing Mike! Sheesh!

5. This elder started out the whole conversation with a lie. He called over our backyard/side fence.......(husbands name) I didn't know you lived here...can I talk with you for a minute? If he didn't know husband lived here then why would he need to talk with him. Our house is also not on main street or easy to get to....he had to drive 20 miles from his house 3 towns over to get to our house.

Also to clear up any other issues. My husband has asked me to deal with these people when they come to the door. He doesn't want to speak to them. He is not ready. It's taken almost 7 years for him to see the problems in the WTS and to say out loud that he doesn't consider himself a JW anymore and doesn't want to be a part of the organization. He wants to write his letter in his own time and he doesn't want to deal with JW's he knows or doesn't know. He's even not associating with his JW family members because he doesn't want to cause problems for them.

This is all his choice.

Now I ask you......if your mate - your beloved - your best friend asks you to do something for them and you can do it.....why not do it?

I realize he is going to have to deal with this situation, but he's not ready.

Some of you may understand how fragile or ...hmmm don't know what word to use...you felt when you came to the realization that the Truth was not the Truth. I've known it forever. But Darling Husand has been in it for 37 years...I think it's okay for it to take him a bit longer.

• AntiPode
    AntiPode
    Do you know what a red herring is?

An elder came by our house after not going to meetings for two years. My wife and I, with our oldest son hearing, spoke to him in a similar forthright manner.

WG, what you said was an emotional response to what was once the biggest part of your life; after learning it is a cult and a sham designed to control you, it is only natural to have passion, and to speak in such a way has shock value to men trapped by their own perceptions of you and your family.

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Why Georgia:

You have given a good outline of the whole situation. It all boils down to being only your business anyway. All I'm saying is that going by your first post on this thread ... you could have been more civil, no matter what your health concerns were. You do realize there are people who live with almost unbearable pain 24/7. They don't treat anybody as you did here. You cannot possibly condone that behaviour.

You can dislike anyone for any reason ... that's your business. That does not give you license to mistreat anyone. In the end we are all responsible for our actions and you could have been sued by these gentlemen for threatening behaviour. Maybe time to give your actions some serious thought before you end up in a great deal of trouble.

Anytime you feel you may go off the deep end ... read your first post here and see if you think that is rational behaviour. Let your neighbor policewoman read it too.

• sf
    sf

You are STILL diverting. Talk about what you perceive my mental health to be, that's fine. It's YOUR perception. But you are still diverting, further and further into the thread.

sKally

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

sKally:

OK already ... ten lashes with a wet noodle for 'diversion'.

Happy now? ( OOOOOPPPsss ... another diversion ... tsk tsk tsk)

• sf
    sf

It isn't about my happiness or perceived mental state. It's about you admitting your diversion tactics.

And you really didn't even do that.

sKally

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

FIN,

Will you ever decide to join in the conversation and just not give people lessons on what you deem to be polite?

Do you ever run out of diversions that you think substitute as meaningful replies?

ARE you counting your time when posting on JWD?

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

A Friend In Need,

You needn't be concerned about my mental health, I'm doing fine thank you very much.

You seem to be trying to make me feel guilty for defending my family. Granted there is more than one way to skin a cat....or a Jehovahs Witness...but these people really are clueless about manners so don't deserve any consideration from me. I reserve my manners and kindness for the people I love, who are my friends or even the girl who gives me coffee everyday at the Dunkin Donuts...because I like them more.

I don't claim to be a Christian or any kind of Saint.....and in the words of every active JW...I'm just an imperfect human.

If you had read all of my posts on this board you would have more knowledge about my situation with the witnesses.

Why don't you tend your own garden? Perhaps you could start a topic here on showing kindness to Jehovahs Witnesses or perhaps some kind of Etiquette lessons like Miss Manners?

You seem to like to try and play mind games, set verbal traps, and point accusing fingers....therefore to me....You must be a Jehovahs Witness still.

In which case....why associate with all us Apostates?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit