I really blew it......I am the nightmare householder!

by Why Georgia 122 Replies latest jw friends

• JW83
    JW83

Georgia,

We've all got to blow off a little steam occasionally & being emotional is a healthy state to be in, especially towards elders!

FIN, I think your mental state is decidedly fragile, & you seem to be a controlling, manipulative elder/elder's wife. Am I correct? We come to this site for understanding & to share experiences with other ex-dubs who have the same sort of feelings - this is not the place to berate strangers for confessions that come from their hearts. We are all vulnerable enough.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    I'm sure your story of the 'gentleman' with the bucket gets much laughter. If he had said the same thing to the 'Avon' lady, would the police have reacted the same? I don't believe the story for a moment anyway ... no matter where in the world you live ... dumping excrement on anybody is against the law. Good story though ;)

I disagree with you. If you blow up (no matter the circumstances) then you are an unstable person. A stable person looks at the whole picture and deals with the situation rationally.

AFIN, I'm not one to make up a story, It is true, every word of it. It happened in a small town in Belgium in the mid eighties. If the Avon lady had been ringing his doorbell over and over, after being told that he was not interested and that he needed his sleep, yes, I'm sure that the police would have reacted the same way.

As for "blowing up", I beg to differ. Even the most stable person can be driven beyond what he or she can bear, that is a fact. I blew up once, just once, and I won't forget. It happens to many, and it is not a sign of being unstable. AT&T called me 4 times in one week, asking if I wanted to switch my long distance company. Each time I politely declined. The next week they start calling me on a daily basis, always around the same time, just when I'm getting out of bed, I'm not exactly a pleasant person when I just wake up. After a total of 8 calls, it is getting on my nerves. I ask the person on the phone to please, please take me off their calling list. I am not interested, never have been and never will be. I make sure to tell her that I know that she is just doing her job. But please, stop wasting my time.. Lo and behold, 2 days later AT&T calls again. Now I'm getting mad. I am still polite but tell her loud and clear that I no longer wish to be called. I have kept track of how many times and when they have called me. I read her the list and ask her if something can be done about that. Once again I tell her patiently that I am absolutely by no means and not ever going to change long distance companies. I tell her that I have begged to take me off that list. She then tells me that it is going to take 53 (fifty three) business days to remove my name from the list. I tell her no, I don't think so, you are going to do it now, because right now I'm fuming and I'm really fed up with this crap. Then I tell her let me spell it out for you.. Do Not Call Me Ever Again or I will consider it harrasment and I will sue you, you can count on it. Is this clear now? She answers Sure, but did you hear about our latest special? Well, THAT's when I blew up. Does that make me an unstable person?

It is not a good feeling when people invade into your personal space. They can do it once or twice, but when you clearly state that you don't want any dealings with them should be sufficient to fend them off. If it is not, then they are becoming a nuisance. AT&A, Avon, JWs, it doesn't matter who they are.. they have no right to keep bugging a person. It is disrespectful.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

You better give the elder notice of the dog eating his balls, so he can write to the gov body and get them sent back.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Nice job! I hate the bastards so bad. It puts a big smile on my face knowing you told them where to shove it.

• zulukai
    zulukai

Georgia! Georgia! You rock girl! I don't think you need to feel bad at all !! Many Jdubs are some of the most socially and mentally challenged people on the planet. They are so "special" they are above good manners and feel free to ignore the feelings of others. You have made my day even if some poster here feels they have to give you a lecture for being real. The jw religion blows. So do the rank and file of their braindead minions. Even though I know some are good people and do the job out of the goodness of their hearts I know others who enjoy being vicious, enjoy slandering innocent ones and love to harrass those who leave the Borg. One of them came after me to sign a paper renouncing something or other...he was so stupid I remember him saying I was to renounce God's kingdom and I took great pleasure in explaining where he could file that paper. For years I used to wish one of that old gang would come to my door and start in on me just for the pleasure of shocking them with the stuff I know about them. You probably won't have to worry about them coming by again. A bunch of them once came to harrass my mom into going to the kingdom hall in which jurisdiction she lived...remember that moronic crap..you had to be in the proper jurisdiction or you were resisting Jehovah's spirit or something. I was in the next room, had just seen the light about that fake religion and had been through the mill with them and had to listen to these sisters she had never seen before tell her she had better stop grieving the holy spirit and get her ass to the proper hall. Well, I came around the corner like the wrath of God, frothing at the mouth and let those sour looking old hags have it. I did not scream or yell but I addressed them as if they were the lowest form of life I had ever seen and told them to get the hell out of my mother's apartmrnt and to never come back and to take their moronic BS and shove it. I felt REAL good about that, it's a good thing when you take a stand against the insanity.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Georgia..I think you were just caught off guard. If you had known they were coming I think you may have acted differently.

Sometimes a compassionate person that is not in the situation will be sorry for the one being yelled at no matter what. Not realizing the horrible pain and suffering that person had been going through with the ones she is yelling at!.

I feel a lot different today than I did many years ago..I didn't feel any anger at all towards them..I probably would have been defensive for them also. But today..knowing what I do about them..and how they treat others..I would probably attack any one of them ..just because they were there!..Even if it wasn't the offending party..just because the pain of how they treated hubby is so fresh in my mind.

Also over the years..I have seen so many in pain here on the boards because of the shunning process..and remember how they used to preach that Satan separates families in the last days....well..I have come to realize how wrong that is..they are the ones doing the evil work..

Because of that..I have a lot of anger also..If I knew they were coming to see me I would be able to control it..but if they showed up unexpectedly..I would probably end up yelling! I can't remember when I ever really lost my temper with anyone. I would usually just walk away to avoid a confrontation. But believe me..if they EVER came calling..you would probably hear some yelling!..And I would probably follow them to their cars!..

Sounds healthy to me...

Snoozy..who thanks you for all those hurting because of the man made rules of the JW religion!

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

hey asshole in need>> your making a ASSHOLE of your self skally will kick your ass . all over this board. your about as intellegent as a telephone pole. i love jw's like you. if i met you in the street , after 5 minutes you would look like a wt zombie and would run home with your bookbag up your ass. and be scared shit to come to my block again. only because you don't want to be made to feel like a spritual drunkard again. but then again only a walking dope can get his presentation washed out in acid. run down the block crying persecution. with a load in his pants. and cry victory...and you can call me all the names you want. because i'm every rotten name you can think of then some. and you nick is correct. you are in need... john

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Johnny, I'm not a witness any longer and YOU scare ME!

Snoozy...

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

fairchild ... do you think Noah was too pushy by warning about the up coming flood?

Golden Girl ... you sound like a nice person ... too bad we couldn't have met under different circumstances.

Why Georgia ...You are absolutely right. I have no business being here. I read over the threads though and the way you came down on two unsuspecting people was unsettling. In my own case, I have to say it would not get so far ... I don't agree with pushing people for an answer so would have left your house immediately. This is still inappropriate behaviour on your part. Did you let your policewoman neighbor read your first post here. If you do, let me know what she says. You in fact could be the one charged.

johnny cip ... you are one scary dude. May I assume you are only out on 'good' behaviour?

• Bryan
    Bryan

That is so outrageous!

I wander if the experience will make an assembly part someday?

"And how about you brother Elder Fat?"

"Well, sister Clueless and I arrived at the door around 3pm on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Then this, obviously, demon possessed woman came to the door. She was foaming at the mouth and shouting in tongues!"

"That must have been frightning brother Elder Lard Ars! What did you do next?"

Sister Clueless began praying aloud to Jehover. I slapped her in the back of the head and reminded her there was a man present; a Fat Elder no less. Yanking the sticky hanky from her balding head, I began beseeching Jehover to let this demon pass before us. That's when the demonic woman's offspring came out of the dark and called me a poop head!"

"Oh my, what a test of your faith Elder Twinkie Cheeks!"

"Yes! Yes it was! Although we discovered later, she was only PMSing. But if she would have been demon possessed, I was ready!"

"Truly, a blessing from Jehover above! What about sister Clueless, how is she after the ordeal?"

"Oh, she is doing fine. She was publicly reproved for going over my fat head. But she'll be fine. She's a woman: she has no real privileges anyway."

Good for you and I hope you can laugh at it for years to come.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit