I really blew it......I am the nightmare householder!

by Why Georgia 122 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Bryan--LOL that was great.

"Why Georgia ...You are absolutely right. I have no business being here. I read over the threads though and the way you came down on two unsuspecting people was unsettling. In my own case, I have to say it would not get so far ... I don't agree with pushing people for an answer so would have left your house immediately. This is still inappropriate behaviour on your part. Did you let your policewoman neighbor read your first post here. If you do, let me know what she says. You in fact could be the one charged." The inappropriate behavior is knocking on someone's door and harrassing someone who does not want you on their property!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

It is painfully obvious that FINlady will not acknowledge my or SF's posts. Gee---I wonder why??????

Maybe we didn't make ourselves clear---not.

If your gonna come here and make such criticisms then why not discuss with everyone who has posted to you?

Annie

edited because I forgot to add----Georgia, do what I did after several harrassing visits; Put up a sign that says,

NO JWS!

LAW WILL BE CALLED IF THIS IS IGNORED!!!!

I did this on a fairly big piece of cardboard in day-glo orange and purple (the brightest Magic Markers my grandson had)

I live on a very busy road and lots of people saw it! Including the loving shepherds that some one called the Shoving Leopards! (I can't remember who it was that said that or I'd give them credit!!!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Wow--I just read over all the posts by "Friend in Need". I don't appreciate you saying that we are laughing at the person who yelled at the JWs'. Contrer Madam--speaking for myself, I was laughing my ass off at the stupid elders who came to the door to harrass the lady's husband. And I was full of glee that those assholes got the earful that they deserved.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

For anyone who would like it...I got the following telephone numbers to contact the Watchtower.

The main number is 718-560-5000 and the number for the legal department is 845-306-1000.

I will update everyone after I speak to them.

I was told by the person at the first number that they are at lunch until 1pm.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

So...I called the Watchtower Legal Department and first spoke to a secretary (a man). I was put on hold for 5 minutes and there was all this wierd clicking sound going on the whole time. I wondered if they were recording the telephone call. I was then transferred to a man who would not tell me his name. He only gave me a 3 letter code. I told him that I had 3 elders come to my home and they had also been sitting in their car outside my home and that I wanted this to stop immediately or I would be filing formal charges for a restraining order against their organization. I told this man that it was really bringing " Reproach upon Jehovah that they were not following Ceasars Laws" and also since I am not a Jehovahs Witness they were giving me a negative view of the organization and if I were to ever become a witness they were really stumbling me by making me think so badly of them. I then told this man that I was very nervous about these men coming to my house since I had read about and seen information on them via Dateline and Silentlambs that these men might be Pedophiles. I told him I knew for a fact that Pedophiles are sheltered in the organization because of my husbands family. At this point the man is getting really agitated. He asked me then did I know of any reason why these Elders would be coming to my house. I told him my husband was once a Jehovahs Witness. He asked...Is he Disfellowshipped or Disassociated? I said no...But the Watchtower states that for one to be a Jehovahs Witness they must go out into service and proclaim the good news of the Kingdom and go to meetings and read the Watchtower and Awake's. I said my husband hasn't done any of these things in 3.5 years and he doesn't consider himself a Jehovahs Witness. The man said...If your husband no longer considers himself a Jehovahs Witness he needs to write us a letter telling us this and why he feels this way. I said...those are your rules and they only apply to people who believe that you hold any power over them. There is no biblical evidence that one has to write a formal disassociation letter to no longer be one of Jehovahs Witnesses. This is a man made rule. My husband has disassociated himself by his actions. Then this man asked me if my husband had allowed me to call. I said...I am allowed to use the telephone. My husband does not take it with him when he leaves our house. I told him I was going to call because I wanted these people to stop coming to our house. I told him the 3 Elders had come to our house and all 3 times my husband had chosen not to speak with them....he was not locked up in the basement. I told him....My husband told me to tell any Elder that came to our home - That he does not wish to speak to them and that when he wants to speak to them he knows how to find his way to the Kingdom Hall. The man on the telephone asked me again...Are you sure your husband knows you're calling. I said - You obviously aren't married my husband and I have no secrets. I gave the man the information about which elders had come to our house, the names and dates and which KH's they went to. He asked me to resend my Cease and Desist letter directly to him and he said he would make sure that no Jehovahs Witness comes to our house again. He said that they will make it known to the congregations that my husband is no longer a Jehovahs Witness. I said to him...are you sure you want to do that? You haven't spoken to my husband and you could be un-intentionally be slandering his good name. He said again - are you sure your husband knows your calling? I said to him - they have no basis to disfellowship or announce a disassociation of my husband. I told him we know people in these halls if any kind of announcement or gossip is made we will sue them. I then pointed out that ...he had also doubted that my husband even knew I was calling so that it would be unwise for him to have an announcement made without any real tangible knowledge of my husbands feelings. I said this is 1/2 my house. I have a right to ask people not to come back and me doing this does not effect my husbands affiliation or non-affiliation with Jehovahs Organization. I also said..I have a lot of time on my hands. I can cause trouble for you and your organizaiton through Silentlambs and the news organizations. Please don't make me do this. He assured me that there would be no such announcement about my husband and that he would let the Elders and others in charge know not to come to our home. He said someone may check back in a year. I told him that's not acceptable that they can check the Electoral or Public records and see who owns the house...as long as our name is on it they need to stay away. He agreed and said that if any other Jehovahs Witnesses came to our house to call him and give him their name. I ended the conversation by telling this man we just want to be left alone. My husband doesn't associate with his JW relatives so as not to stumble them and the only reason these people ever knew he was a JW is because this sister recognized my husband from pioneer school. He was not ever representing himself to be a Jehovahs Witness. I thanked him and hung up.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

WOW!

You actually talked to a number!..

You know at first I was thinking along the lines of another poster..they probably feel you could be lying about hubby and they really wanted to talk to them theirselves..but they should realize..this is a grown man. I am sure he knows the way to the Kingdom Hall if he gets the erge!

(God forbid)

And since the house is also yours..they have no right to trespass or annoy!

I think it is possibley a personal thing with these guys..being told what to do by a woman has to be the lowest point in their lives....

How humiliating for them...gotta love it!!! Makes up for all those years we had to "Be In Subjection to those pompous butts!"

What a happy day this is!

Snoozy...who thanks you for all women that have been put in their place by the JW men..

• Bryan
    Bryan

Why Georgia,

I'm glad you got through, but are you sure your husband knows you're posting here?

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• DevonMcBride
  • Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Bryan,

My husband is not all that fond of XJW's as we have had the unfortunateness to meet some real wacko's. I kept looking past the wacko's and have found some great friends that are XJW's and are so loving and supportive.

Luckily, his mind is open and he is going to go with me to the New England Apostafest.

Sometimes I think he'd rather I be pole dancing than post on this board...but Yes...he does know I am here. LOL!

WG

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The man said...If your husband no longer considers himself a Jehovahs Witness he needs to write us a letter telling us this and why he feels this way. I said...those are your rules and they only apply to people who believe that you hold any power over them. There is no biblical evidence that one has to write a formal disassociation letter to no longer be one of Jehovahs Witnesses. This is a man made rule.

Be still my beating heart! WG, I think I love you!!! BRAVO!!!!!

Then this man asked me if my husband had allowed me to call. I said...I am allowed to use the telephone. My husband does not take it with him when he leaves our house. I told him I was going to call because I wanted these people to stop coming to our house.

THAT was priceless!

The man on the telephone asked me again...Are you sure your husband knows you're calling. I said - You obviously aren't married my husband and I have no secrets.

Notice how he is using diversion techniques to worm the conversation around to what YOU are doing, rather than what THEY had done---the reason for your call. Jerk!

Yeah, and about his "number"? What the hell is up with that? Do they think their CIA or something? If he's a "brother, why go to all these ridiculous lengths, and simple give his NAME. As in "friendly". Helpful. Whatever.

Anyhooo, you did great! My hat's off to ya, Girl!

hugs,

Annie

PS~~I sure wish I could be there for the NE apostafest I lived in MA for 31 years, and would love to meet every one of you that are going! I'd like to set eyes on the gal that told off the elders AND gave it to a "number" in Brooklyn!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit