I really blew it......I am the nightmare householder!

by Why Georgia 122 Replies latest jw friends

• AntiPode
    AntiPode
    fairchild ... do you think Noah was too pushy by warning about the up coming flood?

To base one's behavior on fairy tales does nothing to justify one's agenda to thinking persons. Witnesses do not think they are wrong, so will often not feel the need to learn social decorum or manners. This was so clear by much inappropriate behavior I saw (and what did I not see?) all my years as a Witness.

If a Witness is not taken aback by their own disreputable manner, just how offended are they really going to be by WG's?

S

• fairchild
    fairchild
    fairchild ... do you think Noah was too pushy by warning about the up coming flood?

Well, let's look at this in a rational way. The population greatly outnumbered Noah and his family. On top of that, they were busy building the ark. So let's say that they didn't have lots of free time on their hands to go back to the same door over and over and over and over again. No, serious.. I understand being pushy to a certain extend. Most JWs truly believe that they are trying to save your life. But in the process, they fail to follow the basic rules of politeness. If people don't want to deal with them, and let them know so, why go back? To keep knocking on the door of someone who is not interested and who has clearly stated this is just a waste of time. Again, every person is entitled to have his or her own little personal space. What if some guy kept coming to your door, trying to sell you a life insurance. You had told this guy so many times that you are not interested, but he keeps coming back. Can you honestly tell me that you wouldn't be ready to just wring his neck after 10 times?

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

fairchild:

I do not condone pestering anybody. Your example of the pesky salesman is good. Been there ... done that. They never bother me after being told 'no, but thanks anyway'. I give the same respect to anyone who says the same to me about my message. I do usually call on them again in about a year.

"Why go back?" ... circumstances change. People move. People change their minds

If they are still not interested, I leave on friendly terms. I'm not there to antagonize anyone. The whole point is to present an option for each person to consider. The witness has been given and my conscience is clear.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    I do not condone pestering anybody. Your example of the pesky salesman is good. Been there ... done that. They never bother me after being told 'no, but thanks anyway'. I give the same respect to anyone who says the same to me about my message. I do usually call on them again in about a year.

"Why go back?" ... circumstances change. People move. People change their minds

AFIN, this is indeed respectful, and I have to admit that some JWs are more pushy than others, just like some salespeople are more pushy than others.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    By her own admission, her husband is still considered one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Instead of letting his wife go off the deep end,

FIN,

I know you have a penchant for ignoring certain posters that you don't feel like answering (too uncomfortable??) but even if he IS----since it has been ages (ie, years) since these caring shepherds have not given him even a passing glance---how can he feel all warm and fuzzy at their unannounced appearance at his home?

I know you feel that these poor loving "gentlemen" as you like to refer to them, are to be pitied, like we're supposedto feel sorry for them. Guess what! Nobody but YOU feels that way. SURPRISE!

wouldn't it sound reasonable for the husband to handle the situation himself. If he wants out, step up to the plate and say so. Then they would never have to worry about another visit.

I'd think this is between him and his wife. If he is comfortable with this---why does it bother you? With the way the WTS intimidates people, he may want nothing to DO with any of them----that's exactly how I felt! Just because THEY want to "see" him, doesn't mean that HE wants to deal with them! What is so difficult to understand here?

Lots of us don't want or need to play their games any longer and are not in submission to them just because they have been told they are elders! They don't have any hold over us, and we obey God rather than men. They are not led or directed by holy spirit whatsoever. The WTS is laden with false beliefs, delusions of grandeur and unchristian burdens. It makes more sense to worship the guy painting the lines down the street as it amounts to the same thing!

Maybe you are cowed by these men, and jump at their beck and call----but that says more about YOUR problems than his. I wouldn't give any more free advice to posters on this board concerning what YOU may think their mental stability is---you have more than enough to take care of on your own.

Get a grip.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

sunspot: makes good points. maybe this guy told his wife to handle these dopes. i'm sure they have talked about it as georgia said her HUSBAND HAD TO TAKE THE DOG'S TO THE REAR OF THE HOUSE. WHEN THE ZOMBIE'S CALLED. SINCE GEORGIA HAD MADE THAT COMMENT BEFORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! quess what hubby . didn't want to talk to them. pretty simple duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rock in your head only make you stumble . as you try to hold your head high. but can't control the heavy load of t between your ears. and that's right they only let me out infront the kingdumb hell . to expose the wt zombies. right before field service

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

AFIN

You seem to be unable or unwilling to acknowledge one obvious thing.

It has been a long long time since hubby has been to any meetings.

The elders have not made calls on this family for a long long time.

Now this elder goes as far as going around to the fence to call out for this hubby to talk to him.

After the two earlier elders visit, where they were told to go away and don't return.

It is obvious to hubby and wife and anyone with an ounce of common sense, THAT THIS ELDER IS UP TO NO GOOD.

He is looking to do the old "do you still believe Jehovah works through the gov, body thing".

Neither he, his message or his self claimed importance or authority or arrogance is acceptable to this family.

He fully deserves the disrespect he was given.

You afin, should be glad that he did not receive a much more physical reaction to his idiotic grandiose feelings of self importance.

Outoftheorg

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

"You are Imperfect" Even the JWs should agree with this. :-)

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Can anyone tell me if I now call New York if they will do anything to stop these men from coming to my home any longer? I have sent the letter and told themembers not to come back but this seems to have had no effect.

Has anyone ever called New York HQ? Does anyone know the telephone number? Do you think it would bring positive or negative attention to my situation?

Any thought?

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Why Georgia:

You can get that phone # through 'operator assist'. Someone WILL take your call and there WILL be action taken.

You should have the same results by phoning and writing to you local cong.

This is the first time I've ever heard of anyone being called on after written notification.

All the best ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit