Goodbye everyone

by holly 162 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Holly

Just seen your posts about the Church. If ur still there, don't you think the Watchtower Society ARE the Church, the modern Pharisees, the new Catholicism. My best friend since childhood, due to be baptized a JW in June, won't talk to me cos I study Bible & Watchtowers myself & come up with different interpretations, WTS say I'm dangerous. I've lost a dear friend when I need him most - my wife & sis in law both have cancer, but he is obedient to the elders. Please just read the 2 Ray Franz books, before you leave - what harm could it do? Please.

David

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Bye Holly -

I really think you are already a witness - when I look at the compilation of your posts together. That is ok if that is the way you could sort your feelings out. Glad we could be your sounding board.

The real tragedy is if you are not already a witness - then you are just heading into the ripsaw. And I hate to see that happen to anyone. But you had more chances to make a correct choice than most of us did. But the choice is yours - good luck in your chosen life.

I think the real note of appreciation should go out to all that worked so hard and researched the points she asked about - and then had it all ignored. So sad.

I know this - that if I had known 1% of what was revealed to her before I became a witness, it would have saved me 32 years of wasted time as a baptized witness. I just think she was already a witness - why would all that information not affect you [unless you had the AFIN virus?]

Just my opinion

Jeff [of the feeling dejected that Satan won another battle for now]

• sf
    sf
    whatever she learned in this forum about the organization

Respectfully, I see this as where she went void in her research.

As helpful and useful as this site is and can be in research, it is by no means where one should use as an ONLY source. Research requires hours and hours of footwork and reading. Studying. Referencing. "Weeding out", if you will. And did I mention reading?!

There is no way she "thoroughly examined" any research she was guided to or was suggested to read, study and discern.

I still read everyday and I research everything I read. And I still have items that need to be thoroughly examined before I can conclude to any final thoughts and feelings.

Again Holly, happy trails!

Come talk to me in yahoo jw/exjw chatroom when you are ready to really get serious about footworking any research.

Sincerely, sKally

• tata
    tata

Or if you havent been df'd, and are still in, you may have some people treating you badly. so you come on here to help you cope through it. i am truly sorry for those of you in that situation.

Why do you feel sorry for me?

Nobody has treated m me badly, It is that I just now see the real 'light' and a better explanation for all the questions i have, for not to say that I finally found the answers for my doubts and questions. So, do not feel sorry for me or someone is in my position, we have our motives for still being there.

Feel sorry for those people, who do not have nothing to eat, nowhere to leave and for those JW who suffer material damages needs and they do not have somebody who give them something, even they belong to a billion dollar publishing corporation that claims to remember what a true Christian is.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

ditto what tata said

Josie

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Me thinks that this Holly person is quite the little hypocrite...OH EXCUSE ME...we're NOT supposed to be judgmental on this board, but when someone leaves with the positively sickening remarks she made...I just say good riddance. I don't hate her...I feel sorry for her. She needs a good therapist.

Cathy L.

• Jaypeeto
    Jaypeeto

Holly had also been posting on the Tower Watch ministries forums, and she was posting pro-JW comments over there too. I'm not surprised she has decided to join the JWs (if she isn't actually one already!). But she can't say she wasn't warned !! Before the throne of God on Judgement Day she cannot plead genuine ignorance. I hope everything eventually works out for her. Best, Jaypeeto

• jgnat
    jgnat

Jesus took his father?s instruction with humility. But I never saw him accept injustice. He spoke up. He took action. Unjust discipline should never be simply accepted. That would be evil.

My favorite comments,

beebee:

I did find it interesting that in her other thread, I offered questions for her to ponder, not biblical questions, but logical things relating to not just the beliefs, but acceptance of a lifestyle, the possibility of walking away from one's children, etc.

She didn't offer ANY response. Not opposition, not a challenge, nothing. Like maybe they were questions she didn't want to think about.

Hmmm....

SF:

As helpful and useful as this site is and can be in research, it is by no means where one should use as an ONLY source. Research requires hours and hours of footwork and reading. Studying. Referencing. "Weeding out", if you will. And did I mention reading?!

There is no way she "thoroughly examined" any research she was guided to or was suggested to read, study and discern.

My thoughts exactly, beebee and SF. I only responded to holly recently, because she struck me as a girl who had already made her mind up. She did not comment on my contribution either.

I agree, sunspot:

we'll leave the on...........

Because, if holly is all she represented herself to be, she will be back.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I am a hypocrite.

Girl it won't be long until you get that feeling deep in your heart

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Isn't this what it's all about? If after everything she has seen she makes a decision I don't agree with, what does it make me if I lash out at her for it?

I would be the same as those I have condemned for judging my decisions.

I hope you find happiness in your choice.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit