Goodbye everyone

by holly 162 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

Wow. I've never seen anyone grab hold of an anchor before (after professing to 'research' such an important matter) and jump into the ocean. I saw something like this in 'Master and Commander' and you know what happened there - but then, that was just a movie. So this is what it looks like in real life. Those who remain here lock our eyes with yours as you fade from view, and hope that at some point you will see the wisdom of letting go.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

reminds me of the posiedon adventure. "no, no, the exist's down this way!"

• Dawn
    Dawn

Best wishes Holly.

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, ?Jesus is Lord,? and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Just a thought for you to always remember - "where" you worship is not nearly as important as "who" you worship. Always keep your eyes on Jesus.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Wow, pretty negative words toword all who dont agree with the JW's, Holly. Its fine if you choose their direction but please dont scold us for choosing our directions. That makes you no better then the pharisees of Jesus day, and if displaying true christian love toword all and being smashed down for it is proper, then im sorry but that is the most hypocritical comment you could have made. I forgive you and respect your decision but please use a little more discretion and courtesy when you attack us.

If you are being honest with us, I can somewhat understand as some float in and out of the org. all their lives. Next time your back though an apology to all the members here would be warranted as we have only tried to help you in your search for truth. I guess for some though its easier to have it all spelled out, black and white, that way no thinking or searching is required. Me I love being able to reason for myself, think for myself, and draw my own conclusions. I like color but I guess some dont want to face the reality that the world is not black and white. Either way wish you the best but I no you will never be happy within the JW realm, at least most genuine people are not happy in the org..

My personal reflection on Holly is that she is either heavily indoctrinated and too afraid to whole heartedly search for truth or she feels overwhelmed by trying to find all the answers too quickly. I find it hard to believe after all the info on this board that one could come to such a conclusion but thats the gift of free choice I suppose. Too bad that you will have to surrender your freedom of concience soon Holly.

Ticker

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Holly,

Hope your choice brings you what you think you have found.

Everyone else responding,

You were liberal, tolerant, and mostly kind to Holly. Can you imagine the WT elders being so generous and liberal if Holly decides later to LEAVE the WT?

Holly, once you say yes to the baptism questions, THEY OWN YOU. But we, or thousands like us, will be here if you change your mind later. Take care.

Jst2laws

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Everyone else responding,

You were liberal, tolerant, and mostly kind to Holly. Can you imagine the WT elders being so generous and liberal if Holly decides later to LEAVE the WT?

Steve that's a really good point. Thank you for bringing this up.

No, not every single word typed on this thread was perfectly expressed or came out exactly as we would like, but you know that's life. Real people have real emotions. Some are further on the journey out of the damage inflicted by a high-control sect than others. Some were more injured than others. As a result those emotions will come out, not in some pre-packaged neat and clean Watchtower article but in raw form.

I've followd this thread from the beginning this morning and frankly I think the people responding gave more genuine human tolerance and kindness than they ever received from the organization that people like Holly and AFIN represent.

Chris

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Holly

Take care

Behold, you are relying on Egypt, that broken reed of a staff, which will pierce the hand of any man who leans on it.....can you repulse a single captain among the least of my master's servants, when you rely on Egypt for chariots and for horsemen?

• myelaine
    myelaine

Holly,

You pray for protection, ya hear!

love michelle

• kazar
    kazar

Wow! I am feeling confused. I have been posting about two weeks (although I lurked on this site for months before getting on board.) Unfortunately, I often feel as Holly does; for instance, when I see Jehovah's Witnesses on the street I feel lonesome. I experience this frequently. However, I have only to log on to this site and remember why I chose to leave the Witnesses. I am grateful I have buddies like all of you who would talk me out of such a decision as Holly made.

I hope Holly makes it whatever she does.

Who is this IFIN? As the old saying goes "with friends like that you don't need any enemies". I hope no others leave the post for the same reasons as Holly did.

Godspeed, Holly.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Holly,

I remember when others tried to dissuade me from joining Jehovah's Witnesses, but I wouldn't listen. I had to find out for myself. (I suppose the same will hold true for you). It took me nearly 8 years to see that Jesus is not synonymous with the Watchtower Society. Actually his influence never departed believers because they have always existed (Eph. 3:21 and Matt. 16:18), actually making the 1881 Watchtower Society superfluous. See John 15:26-27 and John 16:12-14 and Matt. 28:18

Best wishes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit