Has Anyone Got Any Proof That The Society Monitors Apostate Web Sites?

by slimboyfat 169 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• undercover
    undercover
    my father, a hard core JW and former bethalite with strong ties to bethal, has told me to my face that the society monitors apostate websites. take it for what it is.

One more piece of evidence.

Actually it's hearsay, not evidence.

But, even without hardcore proof or evidence listed I think enough people have had experiences enough to show that some monitoring is going on. How much is the question. I still don't think it's a daily sweep of all posts to see who they might can catch but more of a periodical check to see what might be discussed amongst the ex-JWs. Occasionally someone might push the wrong buttons and the JW Gestapo go into action to try to quieten someone or expose a non-DFd/DAd JW who makes waves. I don't think it's something we need to get all worked up about.

• anglise
    anglise

SBF has gone very quiet since HS asked if he lived in Australia!!!!!

Anglise

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I also know for sure that at least some years ago, someone from Wachtower Public Affairs Department was monitoring the German board. He personally knew a person who was posting there and who was a "friend" of mine. The Bethelite approached him and said: "I know it is you." But since he was no servant ad acted as an apologist he did not make a big deal out of it.

• Voyager
    Voyager

Why should we have to (prove) what the Governing Body already (admits)?

The Governing Body (admits) that they (NOTICE) these websites!

The word (NOTICE), means simply, The act of (OBSERVING)!

Please see the (Kingdom Ministry/ November/1999/pages 4-5/ which states quote:

17 Sadly, some who were once our brothers and sisters have had to be disfellowshipped because of association that started by meeting worldly individuals in chat rooms on the Internet and eventually led to immorality. In shocked disbelief, elders have written that some had actually left their husbands or wives to pursue a relationship that began on the Internet. (2 Tim. 3:6) Other individuals have disowned the truth because of believing information provided by apostates. (1 Tim. 4:1, 2) Given these very serious dangers, does it not seem reasonable to be cautious about becoming involved in chat sessions on the Internet? Certainly, exercising the wisdom, knowledge, thinking ability, and discernment spoken of at Proverbs 2:10-19 should safeguard us in this.

Noticeably, there have been a number of individuals who have created Web sites ostensibly to preach the good news. Many of these sites are sponsored by indiscreet brothers. Other sites may be sponsored by apostates who wish to lure unsuspecting ones. (2 John 9-11) Commenting on whether there is a need for our brothers to create such Web sites, Our Kingdom Ministry, November 1997, page 3, stated: "There is no need for any individual to prepare Internet pages about Jehovah?s Witnesses, our activities, or our beliefs. Our official site [www.watchtower.org] presents accurate information for any who want it."

• Voyager
    Voyager

Slimboyfat:

Now that we have shown you some proof that they take (NOTICE) of these sites, now how about you showing us some proof that they (don't) visit apostate websites!

We will await your scanned letter from Headquarters that they don't monitor apostate websites!

Please scan it for us as soon as possible. OK!

• Voyager
    Voyager

On Kent's site (WTO), this person wrote to the Watchtower about a website that was giving JWs a bad name or (apostate). Then the Watchtower wrote them back and remarked that the Watchtower Society (does not) approve of electronic debates.

So how did the Watchtower Society know that the website the writer spoke of, was having electronic debates, unless the Watchtower higher-ups (reviewed) the website themselves? See below:

*****************************************************************************************

• Voyager
  • Voyager
  • HadEnuf
    HadEnuf
    I am disappointed in you apostate guys, making allegations that can't be substantiated. It justs makes you look foolish!

Man oh man. My whole day is ruined now. I just feel so FOOLISH!

Cathy L.

• IT Support
    IT Support

Re: wtbts.org

As we know, WT uses watchtower.org as the address of their public-facing web site. However, I think you will find that WT uses Microsoft Windows 2000 Server to run their official networks, which requires a domain name to identify itself, and, for their internal network, that is wtbts.org.

Each server on the network is therefore named <server_name>.wtbts.org. Each user's official email address is <user_name>@wtbts.org.

This is in contrast with Bethelites who have a PC in their rooms: they have to connect their modems to the phone sockets in their rooms, and arrange their own dialup Internet access, just like any other member of the public.

Therefore, if a Bethelite had Internet access from his work PC and visited a web site, their web logs would show the IP number of WT's proxy server. If that same Bethelite went up to his or her room and visited the same web site from their personal PC, their web logs would show the (usually, temporary) IP number assigned to them when they logged on to the Internet.

So, for WIS' web logs to show a visitor coming from srv1.wtbts.org, we can deduce a number of things:

• srv1 must be the name of (one of?) their proxy server(s);
    • the user must have been accessing the Internet from their work PC;
    • as only a very small minority of WT users have Internet access--we know how paranoid the GB is about the Internet!!--the user that visited WIS must have been senior, must have been trusted with Internet access, and must have been visiting the site in his official capacity. (The proxy server logs are regularly scanned for evidence of illicit surfing.)

This does not answer the question how regularly the 'apostate' web sites are monitored by WT. Perhaps Simon may care to check his web logs for evidence of WT visitations. Of course, if WT wished to conceal these visits, they could easily tell those doing that job to use their personal PCs in their rooms: then the IP numbers would be virtually anonymous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit