Has Anyone Got Any Proof That The Society Monitors Apostate Web Sites?

by slimboyfat 169 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• seesthesky
    seesthesky

A CALL TO ARMS: Let us shun anyone who questions our beliefs!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The biggest lie is the one that everyone believes!!!

Ain't THAT the "truth"!

And who knows better than the WTS?

Annie

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

What more proof do you need? Somebody on this board goes to a court case involving the WTBS, and are grilled about thier posts and tried to get personnal info about other posters from him.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

The following comments can be found at this web address: http://www.cftf.com/online/1997SPRINGp10.html

Other pages list numerous Watchtower publications available in printed form and the Society's branch office addresses. Notably absent is any e-mail address. The Society now owns three Internet domains: watchtower.org where the new website is located, watchtower.net with a simple greeting on an otherwise blank page, and WTBTS.org newly acquired in December 1996 and not yet operational, as of this writing. (The domain watchtower.com is owned by an apparently unrelated secular firm, Watchtower Inc., of Champaign, Illinois.) Warnings to JWs against the Internet notwithstanding, the Society seems to be gearing up for future expansion in cyberspace.

Wouldn't it be funny if they obtained this new domain specifically for the use of trolling/apostate website monitoring - LOL.

Seems to me the fact that www.wtbts.org is one of the Watchtower Bible Tract Society's registered domains is common knowledge. If that domain were hitting my site on a frequent basis "consecutively" I would consider it suspicious activity.

Just more wild speculation on my part here but I can't imagine the WTBTS does not monitor internet usage. Every work environment I've been in always has. I'm sure the WTBTS would detect usage of apostate websites. Or better yet they would intentionally block them from being accessed. People who are able to access apostate websites from Bethel are most likely doing it with permission. Otherwise, they are risking their hides.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Were the lawyers Witnesses?

Even if they are, they may have looked at such sites for the purposes of the case.

This does not prove that the society systematically surveys apostate sites as a matter of course.

I am well aware that they tried to get the "Pay Attention to the Flock" book of the Internet. And they must have had someone notice it in the first place!!! But this is not the same as the kind of "monitoring" that people were talking about in the other thread.

There is no evidence that the wbts are in the habit of monitoring this or any other apostate site. At least, no one has yet presented it.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Why is this so important to you, slimfatboy?

Not that I give a rat's ass.

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

There is enough EVIDENCE and plenty of circamstantial evidence that the WTBS monitors this and other "apostate" sites. What the [edit] do you want? A letter from TJ saying that they do it?

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

You think that they are going to come out and publicly admit that they do this? They kept the UN shit secret for 10 years.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Because I would like to believe that apostates are so important that the society would spend a great deal of time spying on them. The idea is very appealing. But I don't believe anything unless I see absolute proof these days. We have all been burnt, have we not? So no matter how nice an idea it sounds, I want to see the proof first.

I would also like to think that the poor old Witnesses have some kind of strategy for combatting apostates. At the moment they are bing beaten to a pulp by apostates. I this was a boxing match the referee would have called the whole thing off long ago - Jehovah's Witnesses have been knocked out already, time to rush the organisation to hospital to recuperate!!!

• berylblue
    berylblue
    At the moment they are bing beaten to a pulp by apostates

And whose fault is that? Certainly not that of the apostates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit