Has Anyone Got Any Proof That The Society Monitors Apostate Web Sites?

by slimboyfat 169 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Slim,

You being at Bethel or you being a FORMER WITNESS or both?

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Thoecratic War Strategy allows that if one is not deserving of information it is okay in Jehovah's eyes not to reveal that information to them (A lie by ommission).

You have done little to demonstrate that you are deserving of the information you asked and therefore those that do/might know certain details are not going to reveal it to you.

If you chose to or not to believe the WTBS monitors this site, is your choice and therefore govern yourself according to your belief. Why are you so determined to prove it not to be so?

The more prudent course imnsho is to believe it is being done and to protect myself accordingly.

Uzzah - so many arks - so little time

• missy04
    missy04

"Would you accept what a Jehovah's Witness says on their say-so? " So why would you ask for proof from us on our "say-so" if we are "as bad as Jehovah's Witnesses"?

"I don't mean to be disrespectful, I am just being realistic." Nah, you're being all nice and stuff right? "..But you are dreaming if you think that the apostates on this site are so important that we here at Bethel spend all our time reading this nonsense!"

"Apostates are just as bad a Jehovah's WItnesses."
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

Missy,

And in the "Bethel Wants a Lawyer" thread, he claims that he can't keep up!

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

You claim we at this board are as bad as the Jw's. The big difference is that if you chose not to believe what we say, we won't condemn you or shun. Tho if you act like an idiot, people will not likely gravitate towards you naturally.

The other difference is that your family can still associate with you regardless of what happens here, whether you believe us or not.

Not seeing too many similiarities between the JW's (Borg) and the xjw's here.

Uzzah

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

SlimFatBoy,

NO ONE HAS GOT ANY PROOF!!!!!!! So let's just admit that we simply do not know whether the society spy on this site.
    I have told you that I have proof. Proof that I havs shared with others on this Board, a trusted few. You are an idiot, or someone with an agenda, possibly both, if you actually think that any of us with such proof would just announce it on this Board for all eyes to see.

You can choose to believe what I say or not, it bothers me not at all what you do. If you choose not to believe what I have written let me assure you, better men than you have believed my words.
    HS
  • hillary_step
    hillary_step

SlimFatBoy,

By the way, do you live in Australia?

HS

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Would you accept what a Jehovah's Witness says on their say-so?

I don't mean to be disrespectful, I am just being realistic.

Apostates are just as bad a Jehovah's WItnesses.

They are the flip side of a coin.

Hey FatBoySlim!!! :) Your such a sweattie. Anyhow, my gut feeling is that they watch this and other boards. To not do so would be a foolish tactical error. (ever heard of a guy named Sun Tzu?) I realize that my/our gut feeling isnt proof, but you cant really be serious in saying that believing that org watches this board with out proof is as bad as believing that the WTS is the FDS with out proof?

That apostates are the flip side of the coin for going with their gut on whether the WTS watches this board? Pfft. You are disrespectful and unrealistic. Believing they watch this board doesnt hurt one person. Believing they are the FDS hurts everyone. 'tis no flip side to the coin bro. Your priorities on what is important are as squewed as your other Beth 'El brothers.

Hava good day :)!!!!!!!

IPSec

• Neo
    Neo

Ticker,

Slimboy Im not sure specifically about monitoring of this site but it is very likely as I have heard from a former bethelite that it is occasionally monitored. They do not make prophiles of people or investigate into their registration to my knowledge but do monitor information expressed not only on this site but various sites. Its known that they read apostate literature and have even tried to counter or downplay the information expressed through articles in the watchtower. In fact they had only disclosed certain embaressing issues in the proclaimers book after it was already exposed in various books analysing the organization. Also to answer why they would not become influenced by what they read or monitor. Who do you think made the false proclamtions and distorted reasonings to begin with? Do you not think that they know what they teach is not always credible? This should be enough to open their own eyes but it doesnt because they are facinated with the concept of the society. You cant reason with one who will not admit to being wrong, and who is not humble enough to apologize for damaging lives. Others are career people, the society is their step ladder to the top and knowing the system is faulty does not deter such ones striving for prominent postitions. I do agree though it is good to be factual but I would not be surprised that they do indeed occasionally monitor these sites.

That's an excellent summing up of the whole issue. Thank you.

slimboy,

In case you choose to settle down, I'd like to add my two cents saying that there's no public hard proof that the WT monitors Web sites regularly. There's a network of circunstancial evidence that, when taken altogether, makes a strong case supporting the fact that the WT monitors this board and other sites. If you don't wanna believe it, no prob, but remember that we often make decisions based on circunstancial evidence only and that ultra-skepticism is not practical in real life.

Lurkers,

JWD has a list of longtime well-respected members that have made many contributions to this board and have written a lot on JW issues. If you take the time to read their posts and essays, you'll see that they're known for their reasonableness and consistency. Among them we find AlanF, hillary_step, Farkel and others who have all independently confirmed that the WT monitors "apostate" websites on a regular basis. That doesn't mean the WT is surfing JWD and other places all the time. It just means that they periodically (weekly, monthly, or something like that) visit sites such as these in search of legal info and other issues that interest them.

Bethel insiders leak private information all the time. Some of them have let the cat out of the bag and told that some Bethelites are assigned to monitor XJW sites and that the WT buys books written by XJW's to read what they're saying. The Proclaimers book, for example, was written as a kind of "rebuttal" to those books (especially Ray's).

WT reading XJW websites is to be completely expected. They are hypocritical but they aren't that stupid.

Fellow Posters,

By this time we've all seen that slimboyfat has many of the traits of a troll. He's probably reached his post limit for today and has publicly confessed in the past that he is searching for attention. (For example, see Worldwide Growth At 2% - the new service report.) So he doesn't have much credibility here and is only embarassing himself by continuing to push this issue.

Neo

• wednesday
    wednesday

I remember back as early as 96 I recall a bro , a MS ,who was passing around (to those who by word of mouth found out he did this) screenames of "known" apostates. Many JWS were just getting started on the net, AOL was very big then and there was a Xjw chat room on AOL. He was giving out the screenames to protect the good JWS if any of these known apostates came into the JW chat room on AOL. I am fairly sure he did not receive his assignment from the WTS, however, it was known about the KH that he did this. LOL, I remember looking on the list to see if my screenname had gotten on it. Whew-it was not.

weds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit