Has Anyone Got Any Proof That The Society Monitors Apostate Web Sites?

by slimboyfat 169 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

People are still going on as if the Society monitors this site. As yet no evidence has been presented, but it is a presumed apostate 'fact'.

Slim

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The best reply on this thread was made by Quotes himself:

"There is nothing new under the sun"

See Does Watchtower Society monitor this board? for a discussion of this topic from June 2002.

Personally, I am still skeptical of the allegations of continuous, ongoing, systematic monitoring -- and this is from me, a guy who has received a C&D from Watchtower! (which could be explained by any number of others circustances that do not require a "monitoring team" at bethel).

Having said thatI look forward to be proven wrong on this; one way would be for a "monitor" to leave JWs and come to this board with solid proof. Until that happens, I remain skeptical.

~Quotes, of the "skeptic" class

Slim

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Slim,

I am sure that you were well aware of the FACT that a lawyer who posts to this Board, and who is not a JW, had their posts made on JWD used by WTS Legal in an attempt to prove that they were 'soliciting' for business.

Where did WTS Legal get this information? From the Tooth Fairy? Information posted to this Board has on three occasions that I know of been used by WTS Legal in court. How do you think that they came by it and printed it out? Seek and you will find, that is, if you really want to.

I have also been told first hand by a person involved in WTS Legal (I can give you his name in PM if you so wish) that personnel in WTS Legal read these Boards trawling for information, but of course I have already told you this!

Given the stupidity of many who think that somehow this is a private Board and spill information regarding legal matters pertaining to WTS issues while involved in cases with them, it is ridiculous to assume that WTS Legal is NOT looking for such telegraphed information on XJW Boards.

HS

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes I am sure lawyers look at whatever sites are useful to them. This is clearly not the same as the often touted claim that the WTS observes this board for a heads-up on what apostates are up to. I don't think they particularly care what ex-JWs think.

It is at your failure to distinguish between lawyers using sites opportunistically and the Watchtower 'monitoring' this site that the discussion has broken down in the past.

Btw, what do you think of Quotes comments on the subject?

Slim

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Slimboyfat is a JW apologist.

As such, he could potentially do a little "theocratic" vigilantism of his own.

So yes, this site is monitored by those who have taken it upon themselves to champion and represent the WT organization.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I get ya, slim.

And I'm sorry if I offended you with the 'apologist' remark.

I guess it would be better to say you appear to have apologist leanings.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Slimboy, you asked our opinion of another opinion, our venerable Quotes:

allegations of continuous, ongoing, systematic monitoring

I suggest that quotes' skepticism is different than:

personnel in WTS Legal read these Boards trawling for information

I figure the frequent warnings from the pulpit to avoid the internet is proof enough the WTS knows what goes on here, even if it is only in broad strokes.

We've also had plenty of evidence that local congregation members will take it upon themselves to "out" a poster here. In a specific incident that I know of, local elders grilled a sister for her involvement with me, where she met me, and mentioned "apostate lies" from another chat room. Where did the elders get their information? I think the funniest thing about the entire incident is that they severely disbelieved her that we had connected through the 'net. They wanted "proof" that we had met face to face.

• 5go
    5go
    Prove it!!!

Hey slim saying prove it then being presented evidence and dismisssing it (Like RichieRiches and I think it was Amazing1914 experiences) is dumb on your part.

Do they monitor this site, yes! Do they monitor other sites, yes! Do they "Officialy" thats the one that maybe in doubt. Also this is illrelivant in light of the flock book note scandal. Their policy is for the most part "Unofficial" because it is written in the margin of the flock book by the elder themshelves tough it is relayed to them by the watchtower through the District or Circuit Overseer.
  • tijkmo
    tijkmo

i'm not sure whether they monitor this or any site..

i am sure i don't care..

ian gill 53 oliphant crescent foxbar paisley scotland pa2 oda

• journey-on
    journey-on

Who really knows? But, I think they do. Here on JWD we're always talking about how the witnesses focus so much on the Old Testament, and, lo and behold, today they dropped off the 9/1/07 issue of the WT and what is the title on the front?..."What Is the Value of the "OLD TESTAMENT"?

It was like they were answering JWD!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit