Ex-JW Mother attempts suicide with children and fails! My Family Tragedy

by Utopian Reformist 1242 Replies latest members private

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Fortunately, my oldest daughter will begin her very first therapy session tonight. I have scheduled six months of appointments (twice weekly) and hopefully, they will have an impact. I have heard her mumbling that she does not plan on communicating and that cooperation will only "get mommy in more trouble".

The child's view of authority is severly eschewed and twisted beyond normalcy. I am having to reconnect with this child and will have to assist her in having a normal opinion and basic amount of respect and cooperation with government, law enforcement and other civil authorities. The therapist will have to teach her to be a child again and not her mother's right hand accomplice.

This child reasons with adult abilities and unless one is careful, her circular logic and stubborness can incense even the calmest individuals. I have been biting my tongue for days.

My former in-laws are convinced the only issue here is Tonya's own personal illnesses and nothing is related to life in the WTBS. An old friend of mine (and AlanF) Mike Castro visited me to grieve side by side and mentioned that since he has personally known Tonya's family, no one who has ever married into it or associated with that family has ever been able to separate without a tragic consequence.

These people are the perverbial "jinx" and definite bad luck if there ever was such a thing.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Immediately following the event, on Monday, November 01, 2004, my attorney filed the following in District Family Court:

1. Abuse Petition
    2. Restraining Order
    3. Financial Restraining Order
    4. Petition to Terminate Parental Rights
    5. Petition to Terminate Marital Property Rights
    6. Petition for Child Support & Alimony

Obviously, when looking at item number six, Tonya will not be able to contribute child support & alimony form prison, however, inmates are allowed to earn up to three to five dollars daily in work details, and thus after the Judge granted all motions and petitions, he decided to grant number six as well. This means her allowance for the next 12-20 years has already been sequestered just to make life difficult.

My attorney has contacted the Attorney General's office and has requested the maximum penalty without parole and all time served (20 years). Tonya's bail hearing is scheduled on the very same day (11/15) that the Children's Services folks have scheduled the custody award hearing and the "petition for immiedate dissolution of marriage". Thus, Tonya cannot be in two places at once and she must attend the bail hearing, which provides for a habeus default judgment in my favor.

Things are starting to work out in a legal sense.

• bem
    bem

(((UR*))) thanks for taking the time to let us know how your doing, Take time to recover yourself. time can truly be healing thing.

• sf
    sf

UR has given me permission to post some items of interest in that it appears "this woman" ran as an incumbant for governor of her town. Can you imagine a woman like this as a leader of YOUR community? Talk about a fraud:

Dear Study Commission Members

... you may have. Sincerely,. Tonya Fuller-Balletta. Independent Candidate for Governor. State of Rhode Island. http://www.tonya2002.com/.
    www.rilin.state.ri.us/gen_assembly/ gaming/fullerballetta.htm - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

TONYA 2002 - Political 527 Group, TONYA 2002

... Established Date, Contact Person, TONYA FULLER-BALLETTA. Contact Address, PO BOX 29470 PROVIDENCE, RI 02909. Mailing Address, PO BOX 29470 PROVIDENCE, RI 02909. ...
    www.campaignmoney.com/political/527/tonya_2002.asp - 39k -
    Cached - Similar pages

Rhode Island Homeschooling - A to Z Home's Cool

... Parent is a RI Candidate for Governor Tonya Fuller-Balletta, independent candidate for Governor in the State of Rhode Island, is a homeschooling parent. ...
    homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/regional/RhodeIsland.htm - 26k -

Cached - Similar pages

Political Candidate Websites - Campaign Websites - Current ...

... Dan Carcieri. Governor (R) (+). Jim Bennett. Governor (R) (-). Tonya Fuller-Balletta. Governor (Ind) (-). Matt Brown. Secretary of State (D) (+). ...
    www.electiondb.com/CandidateLinksR-W2002.asp - 101k -
    Cached - Similar pages

ABC6.com

... Tonya Fuller-Balletta has lived in Providence since she was three. ... Tonya Fuller-Balletta has lived in Providence since she was three. ...
    abc6.com/superstar_article.php?ID=430 - 23k - Supplemental Result -
    Cached - Similar pages

Rhode Island 2002 Midterm Election

... Republican, Donald L. Carcieri. Write-In, (Tonya Fuller-Balletta - pending). Senate 6-year term, 107 th Senate Senate Electoral Classes. ...
    www.thegreenpapers.com/G02/RI.phtml - 24k - Nov 8, 2004 -
    Cached - Similar pages
  • Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Thx SF! As always, you are the master of digital scavenging and quite the purveyor of all things archived!

I just clicked those links and I could not believe myself that I poured over $40,000 cash into that futile campaign. Imagine, a disfellowshipped former pioneer from a dysfunctional family running for governor!

Although she claimed many times that she had asked me permission before running, the fact was she was the type who was determined to carry out her plans and walk all over anyone in her way. So, I acquiesced and tried to support her as best as I could.

The campaign got off to a rocky start and she could not attract supporters or followers. Tonya's righteous over much and condescending personality cost her many supporters. She was stubborn and was enjoying the publicity. I paid for catered events, hired disk jockeys, bands, rented facilties for speeches and purchased expensive plastic signs, plus new web sites, new servers and other multimied equipment.

The campaign ended up having little or no impact. She blamed me for months and claimed I sabotaged her efforts. I am still paying off the charges and all of the bills and credit cards are attached to my name. I don't understand why she blamed me when I was the only supporter she had.

But, she was advised by many to run for Mayor of Providence and she would have certainly had better results.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

If anyone is interested and wondering what could be helpful, I would ask that if possible, for the price of a simple card and stamp, send my baby your love and let her know there is a huge world outside waiting for her to return!

I want her to know she is everyone's hero and we are all backing her 1000%. The doctors have advised me to keep talking to her and I watch her pressure rise when she hears my voice. It breaks my heart.

The chief surgeon who handled the victims form the nightclub fire in RI a few years ago volunteered for my daughters case and has waived his usual fee. I am forever humbled and grateful to all.

Here is the address:

Talia Balletta
    c/o Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
    Room 244
    Hasbro Children's Hospital
    593 Eddy Street
    Providence, RI 02903

Thank you all for all of your concern. Talia will be staying under sedation for about 90 more days and then remaining in the PICU for about 9 months. After, she will be transferred to a "live-in" therapy center in Boston for about 18 months to return to normal functionality. We had all wanted to move to Boston someday, but not under these circumstances.

Thx again Friends!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Great idea UR.

Take care of yourself, and, yes, keep talking to her. I'm crying with you, I wish tears could help.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

UR I am totally speechless as to this senseless act of your ex-wife. Know you and your children are in our prayers and thoughts. From one parent to another, it is not easy to see your child in pain.

love

cj

• acsot
    acsot

Good god! I am so terribly, terribly sorry for what has happened to you and your girls. Although it is human nature to second guess oneself, you could not have prevented this tragedy. Your wife was responsible - you saved your little girl's life, don't ever forget that.

Since your dear youngest one's recuperation will be so long, I've put a monthly reminder in my Outlook to send a get well card on a regular basis.

Please see a therapist yourself. Try and eat properly, even when you don't feel like it, it will help you physically and emotionally. Go for long walks, perhaps on your way to the hospital or take a 20-minute break when visiting your daughter and get some exercise, preferably outdoors. This will help you decompress a little bit and you'll then have more energy for your daughter.

((UR))

• bebu
    bebu

((((((((UR)))))))))

You are doing a fantastic job as her dad. You are her hero, though she doesn't know it right now.

bebu

(Sent a notecard to Talia today. )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit