Ex-JW Mother attempts suicide with children and fails! My Family Tragedy

by Utopian Reformist 1242 Replies latest members private

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

So sorry UR! Words seem meaningless when someone is facing such horror. I wish you strength.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Dear UR,

I was horrified when I read about what happened to your family. I hope that the support and comfort of strangers will help you and your daughters get through this. I know that I would be traumatized if something like this happened to my children. I have a tendency to blame myself for things that happen to my children whether I am to blame or not. Know that you are not to blame over what happened to your family. I think that it is a good idea to see a therapist. It is better to talk things out with a professional than to keep these things locked up inside you.

I pray that your beautiful little daughter Talia will completely heal both physically and mentally. You have the love and support of the Shakita family. Please let us know how things are going. We care about what happens to your family.

Mr. Shakita

• shotgun
    shotgun

Dear Utopian Reformist

As a father myself my chest ached and my stomach twisted into knots as you described the events leading upto finding your daughter in that fire. I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling.

I'll send Talia a letter of encouragement and include something for you and your other daughter as well.

This is only my feelings and it is entirely upto you but I would not post pictures of my daughter in the condition you describe. There may come a day when you can look back at those pictures and rejoice at how far she has come but for me anyway I would consider waiting until that day to post them.

Sincere best wishes, Shotgun

• outnfree
    outnfree

Dear (((((UR))))),

I am having difficulty wrapping my mind around your devastating experience. I cried when I shared what had happened with my daughter. I cannot imagine your distress, but I wanted to tell you that I admire you immensely. The rapidity with which you responded to the phone call alerting you to danger, the level-headedness you showed when the officer was getting angrier and angrier, the courage you showed at getting your ex-wife out and resolve at getting the knife away from your older daughter, all are acts of heroism. The way you undauntingly searched for your younger daughter despite collapsing yourself is a demonstration of deep love.

Please know that your ex-wife alone bears the blame for all the tragedy that has ensued. The ways in which you reacted would have been effective with any normal, sane mother. Your wife was not sane, and you and the children will now bear scars both emotional and physical from the trauma of having her in your lives. I am glad that your older daughter has begun counseling and, like so many here, urge you to take care of yourself emotionally, physically and spiritually. It will be hard to deal with the roller coaster of emotions that you and your daughters will experience as they awaken to the amount of damage their own mother was willing to inflict upon them.

I am praying for all of you and I, too, will drop a line to your family from time to time. It seems even the word "tragic" is too small to describe the enormity of this hurtful event.

I wish you peace and fortitude,

out

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

(((UR and Family))), I hope everything will be ok very soon ...
    I feel for you this is not all simple (spychologically and physically now)
    you've been brave, carry on every effort worse it ...

• gumby
    gumby

So sorry UR

Hugs,

Gumby

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

So sorry.I donĀ“t know what else to say.

Lazyslob

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

So very sorry, UR. My thoughts are with you and your daughters.

David

• alamb
    alamb

You are in my thoughts. I wish your little one the best and hope she can sense the love and kisses that are showering her from her family on the "board." Your older daughter is going to have alot of healing to do also, it will be internal though and she needs our thoughts too. You are their guardian angel, you know.

alamb

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

To Shakita, OutNFree, BabyFace, Shotgun, Gumby, Cowboy, Alamb and all those I have missed:

I LOVE ALL OF YOU even from a distance for writing to my daughter and for posting supportive thoughts that have been giving me courage, despite the overwhleming tears.

Today, at 09:45AM EST, Talia wil go to the PICU operating room for a second round of skin graphing. Today, they plan to remove skin from the rear portion of the right leg to repair the front of the right leg. Although modern techniques and medicine are amazing, I am so depressed that this child's body is being disfigured.

Imagine having the undamaged sections of your body tampered with to repair the burned sections. It is all so senseless and wasteful. I am trying my best to accept these consequences. As one doctor said, "that's why burns and smoke inhalation are so terrible, it is almost better to have any other kind of injury".

I am hanging by a thread, no pun intended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit