Ex-JW Mother attempts suicide with children and fails! My Family Tragedy

by Utopian Reformist 1242 Replies latest members private

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

During the last two years, here is some of Tonya's strange behavior;

1. During the democratic primary campaign, Tonya had been posting on numerous web sites and following Bush conspiracy theories and getting very intensely concerned about the race. One morning she dressed to the nines, and began waiting outside in front of the house for several hours. She kept entering and exiting and then she rang a neighbor's doorbell asking if they had seen "General Wesley Clark's limousine pass by because she was waiting for him to pick her up since she was going to be his running mate". How bizzare!

2. She began attributing every coincidence, every media report and secret subliminal messages she was receiving in TV commericals as signals and special campaign instructions from the Clark headquarters for her to join the campaign and perform activities. She then started driving to New Hampshire on the weekends.

3. She began expecting armageddon "WTBS" style and started reading the literature and praying again at home.

There are so many other examples I can't even relate them all; like refusing to accept mail, imaging that all electronic devices were being used to spy on her; etc.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

UT,

I'm so sorry to hear of your familes troubles,,how tragic!(((((((((UT))))))))).

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    During the last two years, here is some of Tonya's strange behavior;

Utopian R, have you said if your wife has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder? This is the kind of thing that happens to some with bipolar.

• Angharad
    Angharad

(((((UT)))))

Wow, I'm so sorry

Wishing the best for you and your girls

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Unfortunately, Tonya has never been diagnosed because she has always refused any type of treatment. Thus, we have no idea if she is schizophrenic, bi-polar and anything else in that arena.

• Special K
    Special K

I suspect that she will not be able to refuse treatment of some kind now.

They will probably want to do a whole "psychological assessment" after all this has happened as well as getting proper care for your daughters emotional and physical well being.

Again, sorry for all your going through UT.

Special K

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

UT...

First of all, let me say what a great Father you are...a REAL hero. Along with your kids, I know that you've been traumatized too. Your kids will really need you now, but you also need to take care of yourself. You might need to seek some counseling not only for yourself, but for your kid's sake.

Take care. I'm really sorry for your pain.

D.E.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I can't thank all of you enough for allowing me to vent and post my frustrations, my tensions and my anxieties since this situation entered my life. I totally appreciate all of the kind words, advice and comfort. Quite a few of you have suggested counseling and starting tommorow night, my oldest daughter begins her therapy (although she is resisting and is still very protective of her mother and thinks her mother will return).

I have never had therapy before, but, now I don't know what to do. I keep seeing images at night and I keep imagining different scenarios where I act differently and the baby is saved. I keep imaging I do all of the right things and find her quickly enough and save her from smoke inhalation.

It is all so so senseless.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

For months, Tonya had taken an old bucket of mine with some hand tools (hammers, mallet, axe, wrench, etc) and placed it in the bedroom. Another tool bucket was present in the kitchen. I never understood why she started keeping step ladders,folding ladders and other tools in the living area upstairs in the house.

Apparently, when the furniture was tumbled, Tonya ordered the girls to follow her into the main bedroom. Of course, my eager-to-please oldest child who loves Tonya to this very day, and is an almost exact replica of the Tonya, followed along without hesitation. My little one who is very unconcerned and apathetic about politics, religion, etc, was hesitant and did not want to enter that room. She begged them not to start a fire and repeatedly told them she was afraid.

She ended up hiding and no one heard her screams as she passed out. No one went back to retrieve her when the others made their apearance at the bedroom window. I have been imagining my child's screams, her choking, and passing out then those deadly flames touching her body and clothes while she was unconscious and unaware. I can't stop thinking about it and I am so sad, too sad to be angry and too angry to take my own life.

I am distraught and livid. My family is ruined.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I heard this on the news and had no idea it was connected to anyone we knew. This is so horrible. Your poor little girl. I think you handled it so well though.

So sorry you are going through this. Do you have anyone with you? Anyone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit