Ex-JW Mother attempts suicide with children and fails! My Family Tragedy

by Utopian Reformist 1242 Replies latest members private

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Hubert - and all...

If I can't even see him, then it's useless to set up a p.o. box.

I disagree. I think it might be good to send cards. He can collect them and read them later. (Then again might be overwhelming...) If we do, perhaps send to the PO Box mentioned a few posts back. Maybe we can take a collection to keep his existing PO Box open??

As far as info from a mental health facility... I had situation this time last year (Jan 1st). I was told: 'confidential, etc'. I explained that I fully understood and respected their position. Further explained that I knew tremendous details - I cited to the nurse admin - and was concerned that this person would be left there thinking that no one cared because no one could/would be notified. In fact, this person was also very alone. I said, "Please. *IF* he is admitted to your facility, please get word to him through his case worker that I am concerned and very able to assist in ANY way deemed appropriate." I left my name and phone number. Got a call 4 hours later at 2:30 that morning.

I'm thinking it would be a good idea if just two or three people (maybe one local and one distant???) left word at all the psych hospitals in the area that would give him an opportunity to reach out if he chose to.

Just some thoughts... I am late for meeting (NOT KH) and will check back here in a couple hours.

-Aude.

• bebu
    bebu

If privacy laws state that only Mario's family may have access to him, does anyone know the names of any his relatives? If we could learn their names, perhaps hubert or another representative from the board could contact them and tell them our board intervened--and we hope that they might help establish a way for us to send cards and notes to Mario. Perhaps they could write to permit hubert access to Mario, and if so at that time a PO could be set up...

I hope that wherever he is, he is finding a well-qualified counselor to say all the words in person to him which we are sending to him in our thoughts...

((((((Mario))))))

Last thought... an odd one... ... if Mario needs time away, and if there are people willing to let him visit them for a time in order to regroup (I've read offers, and I think some of them were serious) then I wonder if our board posters could donate toward air travel ($ or air miles toward a ticket?)... I realize that it might be a difficult time for him to travel, what with court appointments etc.; but on the other hand--if such a break could truly help save his life, then to @(*&^% with court appointments, etc. It's hard to know what is best... I do wish there were a way to know what precisely we could and should do, (and if anything at all)...

...So anyway... it's just something I think about--how we can put action to our words... if we can find a way to do more than just send our cards, letters, thoughts, etc... Does anyone else have ideas along these lines?

bebu

• morty
    morty

good idea bebu...I could not get the time nor full funds to fly and be with mario, but if some could, I am willing to donate some funds for them to fly to be with him...

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Since there are so many of us apostas in Texas, do you think Mario would/could/should make a trip? We're really strangers to him, in the physical sense. But I could donate some money towards a ticket for him to fly here to the Dallas Texas area.

• Fleur
    Fleur

I just saw the updated posts on this thread...mario's and the ones that followed, thank you, thank you tres and lover of truth for doing what you did. You are heroes to me, to us all, and one day you will be to Mario too.

I am so grateful for the good souls in this community who truly do care about others. You are amazing.

I know Mario won't see this for a long time but...Mario, you are loved, and I can't imagine the pain you are in, but please let professionals help as much as they can, and know that people do care, and will never forget Talia or let ANYTHING tarnish her memory. Nothing could do that.

Marina needs you, even if you don't think so. Do what you have to do to get better, and be kind to yourself. No one can know what you've been through; we can only cry and wish we could stop the pain for you. But we don't want you to stop the pain that way; please know that you matter, in this world, and to us all.

love

essie

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

WTF!!!
    I just found this, after a few days off!

When you eventually get to read this, Mario, please be assured that we are rooting for you!
    Your current circumstances are more than enough to blow anyone's mind - many of us were shocked and numbed just to read the details, far less to live it.

(((Mario)))

• Mystery
    Mystery

I would be willing to donate for a ticket for someone to go to Mario or for Mario to go somewhere. For that matter whatever the money is needed for.

Hubert, thank you for being there when we can not. The advice about leaving your name and number with administration is a good advice. When i admitted my son into a mental health center; only immediate family could see him & that was only after he was there for 3 weeks. The therapist keep me informed; I could leave 2 names of ?other than family? members to call or visit him. If he has no close family the case worker may give you permission to be his ?family?. If necessary print out this entire ?topic? to show her/him how much he needs you.

Thank you again. Deborah

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Privacy laws in the U.S.A. will not permit even family members access to any information unless Mario has specifically given the facility permission to do so.

With that said, if a family member were to call the facility and ask if Mario is there, they will say something like "we can't say if he is or is not"

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am familiar with the requirements of privacy legislation. The trick to bypassing it is to get the resident's permission. All a JWD representative would have to do is say, "IF on the odd chance that Mario IS staying at your facility, could you let him know I care, and would like to keep in touch? Here is MY phone number and address. Let me know if he gives permission for us to visit/send cards/etc.."

• outnfree
    outnfree

Thank you, LoT, Hubert, and TresHappy! You are human angels, truly.

((((((Mario))))))

I, too, hadn't seen your post to this thread and the subsequent posts/actions taken until this morning. I am proud to be a member of the JWD community. We care so much about you and your well-being. Please accept the help professionals can give you and the love that we are sending your way daily.

Not unavailing will be our grief, if it send us back to serve and bless the living.

- Union Prayer Book

We look forward to seeing you back here when you're feeling better about your ability to cope with your sadness and loss, dear man.

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit