bebu

i sent you some information via a pm.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Thanks Randy. You're a gentle heart.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Hi everyone,

This morning I spoke with a very nice man from the Providence RI police department. He told me that Mario voluntarily went with the officer last week that went out to his residence. That's all he could tell me. He didn't know the outcome. I have also received the e-mail address of some people who want to start an ex JW support group in the Weymouth, MA area. That is about 45 miles from Providence. I think this may be a good thing for Mario when he gets out...

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Hi Tres,

You you think the detective could give us some ideas of how to raise money for Mario In the Providence area? Since he has knowledge of the situation, he might be able to give us names of people to call.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Sincerely I don't know. There are three Campbell's that work for the Providence PD. The man I spoke with is a PAUL CAMPBELL. He was very kind, he didn't fully understand the concept of "ex JW." He did say he was out there that night of the fire and knew about the case. Also he told me that the case against Tonya will be handled by the Rhode Island State Police.

I don't know if Mario might want help from the ex jws in Weymouth, MA. However, I typed Providence and Weymouth in yahoo maps and they are 45 miles apart.

• bebu
    bebu

LoT, I am going to be calling places again today. I think it would be very helpful if a church would be willing to 1) take donations from people who mail it in for him and 2) assist us in getting a local fundraiser going.

I may have mentioned it earlier, but there was a politician in RI who was recently discovered to have lied about his wife having cancer, so that he could make a plea for funds. The media is very wary about doing much until there is a more verification (about his loss of job, loss of home in particular), as well as getting a poke in the back from a local church/agency.

I wish that there were more things to report by now, but the biggest problem is that we cannot communicate with Mario yet. Hey Mario, if you're reading this, gimme a pm!!

I am relieved to know that Mario went willingly with the police. I DO HOPE he had a helpful and compassionate experience, wherever he has been. (Some of the people there sound like they have as much care as a New Jersey cop. )

I will update a little later today, whether anything "breaks" or not.

bebu

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I too, was relieved that he went willingly. I hope wherever he is, he's getting the care he needs. My friend who knows about this type of thing maybe he's staying at the facility and he will see someone on an outpatient basis once he's released. The one-on-one counseling will really help him...

• bebu
    bebu

Unfortunately, no luck in finding him. I've recalled several hospitals, as well as 2 new places, and asked the patient information if he might be listed in a special ward which doesn't come up on regular screens. Even after further searches, no trace of him. Those privacy laws are a pain in the ...

One gleam of light here from another direction. I spoke again with someone at Mathewson Church in Providence, and the reaction was still warm and positive toward helping. I found myself explaining things to the secretary, who was in fact the pastor's wife. She was a little familiar with the story already.

I asked her about her church. It's a 4-story building, and besides the 'church' it houses a food pantry for the community (open weekdays for several hours). They have a membership of only 200, with about 80 attending regularly each week. They are part of a coalition of several small churches which share a call to reaching out to needy people: domestic violence, AIDS, tutoring, meals, etc, etc., etc.. Really impressive commitment for only 80 people!!!!! I explained that I didn't want her to feel like we were barreling in with a major project while they are having their hands full already; we were hoping for some individual attention for him to get some services at the very least. She assured me that they would be very happy to work with him to link him with all the resources he would need; she was aware of many types of help for him to be offered. She also gave a cautious 'yes' to being an avenue for donations earmarked for Mario (it would have to clear the pastor's ok, but it had been done before).

I explained that until Mario called, we were still strapped as to what we can do next; but when anyone heard from him, I'd be contacting the church to alert them that he was available.

bebu

• LDH
    LDH

Hi Guys,

Really tired from the baby being sick but I wanted to share some new with you.

Mario called me tonight, and we talked for about an hour and a half. Please cease and desist from contacting the Authorities. The less the 'Authorities' are in your life the better.Besides, the 'Authorities' love a good scapegoat, know what I mean?

It was really touch and go there for a while, when he called he was at the edge. I recognized his voice immediately when he said, "Lisa?" He was in a bad place. His experience at the 'facility' was barbaric to say the least.

At this point I have given him three assignments to work on, and he bought into all of them. I hope the last, going home to Italy to see his family, will really help him grieve. He has no family there in Rhode Island. He feels overwhelmed, having to make decision after decision, paperwork on top of more paperwork and frankly, no one to help him. He is going to prioritize, and put off the decisions that can wait.

I won't share the more private details of our conversation except to say that Mario is feeling OVERWHELMING, crushing guilt, what a professional might call survivor's guilt. He is looking for justice in a situation where there will be none. He seemed to be a little more at peace when we hung up, and promised me that he would take it day by day, minute by minute.

If you are able to send him a card of encouragement, I know he would really appreciate it. He has been so touched by the love shown on this board,and the friends like Hubert et al who have really given it their all. I know he would do it for us.

Lisa

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Lisa, .

Please PM me his current address and I will send him a card

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit