Ex-JW Mother attempts suicide with children and fails! My Family Tragedy

by Utopian Reformist 1242 Replies latest members private

• gdt
    gdt

Mario, thank you very much. Your efforts and words mean so much, to myself certainly, but also to so many on this board. It is really great to read about your times at soccer etc with your girl, she obviously loves you and needs you as her dad, and I am sure you are being as good a dad as you can. Keep it up, be assured of everyone's thoughts, and when all settles down (and it will.....the sun always come up after a stormy period and shines on us), please don't ever forget you are most welcome to bring Marina 'down under' to Queensland's Gold Coast and share some Italian fellowship, food (and wine). Not that I am Italian, am just a 'banana-bender', and really wish I could hop in the car and visit you. If I win a major case in the Supreme Court shortly, you are on my list of 'must do's'...hope you will have me! In the meantime, you and I have about as much worldly goods as each other! We can only have 3 feeds a day and sleep on one pillow, eh?

Kind regards Mario, great to hear from you,

Geoff. gdt.

• hubert
    hubert

Great to hear from you again Mario. We are so glad things are looking up for you as far as Marina goes. Now you both have something in common, and to look forward to. ie: soccer games on weekends, and quality time together. It's great news to hear.

Hope your job situation turns around for you soon, too.

(((((((Mario and Marina)))))))

Hubert and wife

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Greetings One-and-All!

I would like to thank "Angelina from Santa Ana, CA" for the wonderful letter and gift. Her words of support were very helpful and I am happy to have a second mother out west. I have been busy cleaning out as much debris as possible from the old house.

I was called by the court appointed guardian that is representing Tonya. The guardian attorney mentioned that the house will be sold as ordered by Judge Murray as soon as possible. I was told the proceeds from the sale will be held in escrow by the court.

I was also informed that Judge Murray and his staff of advisors (court appointed custodian, therpaist, realtor, guardian) will assist him in coordinating the final disposition and distribution of the marital assets. My attorneys called me this morning to confirm the very same information.

I was also told a buyer/contractor had been contacted who has diaplyed interest in purchasing the house for the purpose of fixing and selling. Apparently, according to my attorneys, the court appointed relator has not had much success (I think she didn't try hard enough, was not creative or didn't care because she got stuck with the task) in locating normal home buyers. The reason given was that the house has suffered fire and smoke damage and most mortgage lenders will not finance a damaged property.

I don't know anything. I know I am paranoid and want to retrieve as many of my belongings as possible before the locks are changed and I no longer have access. I "bagged" most of Talia's clothing last night. I now realize why I keep smelling her things, keep hanging on and collecting everything I can find that once belonged to her, and that is because I don't have the heart to give any of her things away.

It feels like abandonment. I am already feeling quite guilty over everything and have never stopped feeling like I abandoned my children because I did not fight hard or smart enough to save them from Tonya.

I cried a lot last night over Talia's sneakers, winter boots, scarves, knit socks and hats. She always chose the loudest colors and patterns that simply did not match our environment or location. She was always different and unique. I miss her every day (crying now) and need her back.

I keep pretending that I see her and picture her standing nearby, or sitting down or talking and laughing. It works for a few seconds, but it disappears rather quickly. How do you keep an audio-visual presence of a child around when the child is gone? I really wish I could just touch her for a few seconds. It would mean so much to just brush up against her skin for a little and maybe smell her hair or nuzzle a shoulder like I used to when she was a little girl.

If you have small ones, please please please take advantage of every second, every opportunity to hug, touch, embrace, feel, look and be together. You would miss it terribly if it were suddenly gone. I don't know how to convey that to all of you, but she is actually gone.

Memorial Day will be Talia's 13th birthday. I don't know what to do about that day? I guess each year we count the number of years we are alive and celebrate. She would be 13, but will not be alive for a 13th year. I don't know what to do and am very confused about that day. Someone help me please!

I love all of you very much, especially you Beverly, Hubert, Lisa, Nina, Angelina, Jim & June, and so many many others. I owe all of you whatever life I have left and the remainder of my sanity. I feel so guilty when I am not sad and grieving and miss being alone with memories and pictures. I need the sadness to remember Talia.

I have to go for now and will post again tommorow. Thx a million!

LOVE
    MJB

• avishai
    avishai

(((((Mario))))).

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    It feels like abandonment. I am already feeling quite guilty over everything and have never stopped feeling like I abandoned my children because I did not fight hard or smart enough to save them from Tonya.

Dearest Mario....

You have no reason to feel guilty---about any of this--- PLEASE remember that! You had no idea what was in that woman's head or her heart.....and you are NOT accountable. It's tough enough to be left with all that you have to deal with, but please don't drag any extra baggage that you seem to carry. It won't help in your healing, Hon.

I'm going to suggest that you put the clothing and personal articles you've retrieved, into a box and keep these things out of sight for a while. It can't be good for you to put yourself through this! Just keep a couple of things like a favorite toy or maybe a knick-knack that she enjoyed, and place it where you can see (it) them. I just hate to see you suffer any more than you already have. Talia wouldn't want you to put yourself through this!!

As far as her Birthday goes....I'd also like to suggest that you discuss this with your therapist ASAP. I'm sure that he/she will have the best advice possible for your situation. Maybe you could write a "remembrance" of her for your local paper as many folks do on their loved ones birthdays. It might make you feel better.

You have such a good heart, and it's been broken and rebroken way too many times. We love you so much and wish we could wrap our arms around you and ease some of your pain away.

hugs, love and prayers,

Annie

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

The first year after the loss of a loved one is the hardest, passing those milestones that will no longer be. Definitely get a plan in mind for Memorial Day so that you have help getting through it.

After my dad's suicide, I would mark each month on the day he died, the day he was found, and for that first year I would get depressed on that day, even if I didn't consciously mark it. The feeling of depression gradually eased, and yours will too, with time and help. It is not a degradation of the loved one or of their memory; it is simply life flowing along. They are always with us but the edges are softened somewhat so we can think of them with love and remembrance, not with pain.

Time is your friend, Mario.

Hugs,

Nina

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

((((Mario)))),

Your post brought tears to my eyes. A few minutes before reading it I was here playing with my daughter and thinking of the moment -- lost for evermore, secure for evermore, whatever the future.

I remember when she was a baby and we packed her first outgrown clothes I stupidly felt like crying. That was silly and I feel even sillier mentioning it in front of your immense sorrow -- she was reasonably healthy and just growing up, but what she had been she wouldn't be anymore and I just sensed that. Time runs within and without us, rubbing against us -- sometimes caressing softly, sometimes unbearably tearing us out.

Grief has its own time and pace. We can neither hurry it nor hold it back. The way you have been standing in the midst of this horror makes me both ashamed of my relative happiness and yet proud to belong to the one and same human kind.

Take care friend.

• hubert
    hubert

Mario, Sunspot is right.

YOU DIDN'T KNOW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN ... Remember that. Please listen to us. DON'T feel guilty. Tonya did this, NOT YOU !

((((((Mario))))))

Hubert

• bebu
    bebu

((((Mario))))

I hope you will find in your Station support group the ears and hearts you need... I am sure they will know what you are working thru, and will give you the advice and comfort that we cannot give... (what words that we could ever give...) Do you see the ladies at RIVASC? Should I have them contact you?

Can you print out Nina's post, and Sunspot's too? I think you need to read and re-read them every day. Keep them before you, to hang onto. Don't carry a heavier burden from false guilt. It's hard to look ahead with hope, but love will pave a way.

You are our dear brother. We are hanging onto you, and refuse to judge you even if we knew the details of your "failures". No one has ever acted perfectly, we all do the best we can--to the best we can. We all know well how we can see, after the fact, what we could have done, and what we wished we had done... But there is no crime or guilt in this, when you have done the best with what you knew or believed at the time. This is not your burden.

If there's anything we at this board can do for on or before Talia's birthday, could you let us know what might help? I think we should have a special card drive for you in her memory. Is there any other thing that might help? (And if such a drive would not help, please let me know...)

((((((((((((Mario)))))))))))

bebu

PS: Also ((((((((((((((((((((Hugging and kissing my kids)))))))))))))))))))))

• hubert
    hubert

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit