My Mother's Being Announced in November As OFF The Pioneer List

by minimus 132 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

This action is really heartless on their part. I'm really sorry to hear this happened.

DY

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I sympathize with her. Forty years! I can predict that she will get little or recognition for all the time she spend serving the organization.

Several years ago 2-1/2 years of my life to pioneering for the WT organization. During this period I married and I tried to continue although we only had one car and my husband needed it. At this time I had no pioneer partner and had to depend upon others in the congregation. At that time we reported directly to the Society, we were supposed to get 100 hours per month in, and for about three months I only got 80 or 90 hours in. I was scrupulously accurate on my reports. I was also pregnant. I mentioned this fact when I sent in my monthly report. I heard nothing back until I heard a letter read at the service meeting stating that I had been removed from the pioneer list. I still remember the empty feeling I had as I never heard anything from the Society, and I never heard anything thanking me or commending me for my efforts. After the meeting, a visiting special pioneer came up to me and told lme about a couple in her congegation who continued pioneering even though the sister had a baby. That made me feel even worse.

What I really feel bad about today is that I could have used those years to get a college education, and I almost did, but my witness mentors talked me out of it and encouraged me to pioneer.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

!!!#%!!*&!*#!!!!!*#&%!*!#!!%!!!Just one more crappy thing that makes me REALLY want to put a hurt on the people that treat their "spiritual family" this way.

My love and best wishes to your mother, Minimus, and to you.

--Merry

• lazyslob
  • minimus
    minimus

My computer was down and I just got on! Here's an update. I've been talking to my mother more than usual. She is grieving. She admitted that she can't help but think of all the things I've told her about the organization. Today she told me that she feels as if she was "spiritually raped"!!! I asked her what she meant. She said that if the presiding overseer wanted to talk to her, she would tell him that someone should report this circuit overseer to the Society because in just a few minutes her whole life was taken away from her and there was nothing she could do about it. She said even if they reversed their decision, she would not ever want to pioneer again since she felt she was treated "without any dignity". She didn't go to the meeting on Sunday or Tuesday and did not want to be "hooked up" via telephone. She said that if she ever left---it would be because SHE decided to----not because of me......Time will tell!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Awesome news Minimus. It's so true, proven once again, that a person has to be ready and often has to be "hit" personally by the borg before they will consider all the evidence that may have been presented to them over time.

Congratulations on the possibilities!

• minimus
    minimus

Seeit, I can only hope she "gets it". I know she's very down right now. When she told my brother about this situation, he cautioned her not to tell me. She said, "too late. I already told him".

• Mulan
    Mulan

Wow, that is amazing. It looks like she is beginning to see it, doesn't it?

• simplesally
    simplesally

It's sad they decided to underhandedly make her feel her age and infirmity had to do with her being removed when it was because she attended your daughter's wedding. Your actions should not be part of the conversation with her unless it had to do with her being depressed or if you were the cause of her low hours........... which were not.

• minimus
    minimus

They never REALLY told her why she was being announced. She made the mistake of asking if her low hours had an adverse effect on the other pioneers. When the CO said, "Of course it does", he quickly ended the conversation with "and we'll announce it in November". And that's all folks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit