My Mother's Being Announced in November As OFF The Pioneer List

by minimus 132 Replies latest jw friends

• codeblue
    codeblue

awe (((Min))) that breaks my heart how they have talked to your Mom and made her feel so belittled.

Once again, they are only concerned with "numbers" not true spirituality. They don't know how to respect the elderly either.

Please give you Mom an extra hug the next time ya see her, she sure needs it...

hugs to all of you and your family,

Codeblue

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Minimus, From the very beginning we knew that it would only be a matter of time before the elder's in your congregation would do whatever it takes to bring you front and center. They will use our loved ones in whatever way they can to get to us (.As they have done to me and my wife and children ) I know that you are ready for them when push finally comes to shove.

Knowing this does not take away the heartache that you and your mom are feeling at this time. My family and all the rest of us are with you at this time and in the days to come.

Blueblades

• franklin J
    franklin J

well I guess that settles it;

Min, YOU really are a bad influence.....

• Mary
    Mary
    She mentioned that my wife has grown very close to her family and that the reason my daughter married outside "the Lord" was because there were no brothers that she was ultimately interested in and that she wanted to be married and found someone she loved. The CO twice in his comments said that her doing so was an "act of disloyalty to Jehovah God". Did she understand that???

JESUS H. CHRIST......Why the hell would they be baggering an 80 year old woman about who her granddaughter marries??! It almost sounds like they were trying to blame her for your daughter marrying a non-Dub!! This is just unbelievable Minimus........your poor mother must feel awful. You should phone the CO up and say "...If your goal was to make my 80 year old mother feel like a useless piece of shit, congratulations asshole, you succeeded." and slam the phone down. Inconsiderate prick.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Toreador,

We had a couple of anointed people, actually they were husband and wife, who were on the permanent pioneer list. I could never figure out how that worked.

When a Regular or Special Pioneer has given thirty years of service they can opt to go on the 'elderly and infirm' list, which Minimus mother seems to have been on. This way they do not have to get their quota of hours in but would still be viewed as Pioneers. I suspect that the elders feel that Minimus mother has actually been infected by his views and is now not a good example to the congregation, so they are cutting of the problem before it develops.

Personally I think that Minimus mother is making a fuss about nothing and that she should have been very grateful for this loving provision from her Organizational Mother. Remember Jehovah has been Pioneering a lot longer than thirty years and he has never opted to go on the elderly and infirm list. My recommendation would be for Minimus mother should stop whining before Jehovah lovingly kills her.

Best regards - HS

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm sorry minimus for your mom.. I am sure her heart was in pioneering. I know my mom's is.. If they took her joy away I don't know what she would do.. I guess I do.. she'd put in pioneer hours any way.. sheesh..

they dont' deserve all their devotion

• toreador
    toreador

Hillary said:

When a Regular or Special Pioneer has given thirty years of service they can opt to go on the 'elderly and infirm' list, which Minimus mother seems to have been on. This way they do not have to get their quota of hours in but would still be viewed as Pioneers.

THank you for your reply. They receive an amount of money every month too, dont they? Do yo know how much?

• willyloman
    willyloman

All the posters here have complained about the treatment your mother received. My take is different. This is the best possible thing they could have done to her.

This forum is full of posts from people who were staunch defenders of all things JW until... they came face to face with the truth about the truth -- the hypocrisy, the lack of genuine love, the pettiness, and so on.

Now your mother has to face the fact that she had these people all wrong. It may be the first step in her deciding to back off, slow down, and ultimately join the rest of her family on the so-called "dark side," which in reality is where the real light is.

So, Min, this is wonderful news, just wonderful.

• Emma
    Emma
    They receive an amount of money every month too, dont they?

I think they receive money only if they were special pioneer's, or former c.o's or d.o.'s and their wives. Everyone else is free to suffer through old age without any savings or provision. Bethelites are allowed to stay, of course they stay productive until completely unable.

Emma

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Willyloman,

I think you're right in general, and I really hope you're right too in the case of Minimus' mother. But in some cases this kind of shock just comes too late, and will only bring a sense of humiliation and injustice.

Emma:

Agreed. Regular pioneers do not receive any money from the Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit