My Mother's Being Announced in November As OFF The Pioneer List

by minimus 132 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks for your thoughts here. I'm very proud of my mother because she has seen the light. She has admittedly lost her zeal. This bothers at times but she tries to deal with. When I ask her, "Did you learn anything new at your meeting today?", she always says, "no, it's the same old thing". I know she was most insulted when she realized that the elders were trying to correct her for her attitude after they unceremoniously dumped her as a pioneer. She told them all that they "lied and that no matter what they say, Jehovah knows it". The elders do not really know how to deal with my mother because she's very sharp and most respected. She's taken my advice and tells the congregation nothing about her personal feelings and her personal business. She's adapting quite nicely.

• Scully
    Scully
    Do you find that exiting JW's have to get used to the idea that elders and fellow congregation members are not entitled to know about everything that goes on in their lives?

Yes. It is a difficult thing (for me at least) to stop being "open" with people who used to be considered "friends". The one time I invited a couple of JW ladies (formerly close friends) in to my home - after we'd been absent from meetings for eight years - they seemed to "study" photographs of my children who were just toddlers when we quit. It was as though they wanted to be able to recognize them if they ever met in a public setting. I decided then and there that they were never coming into my house again. It was probably the creepiest part of that whole experience - like they were hitmen trying to get at me through the children. They just assume that they are entitled to know whatever it is they want to know, and they ask questions as though they are entitled to answers.

It could have been that they were genuinely interested in how my children have grown over the years.

But it also could have been that they wanted to know what they looked like so as to (a) shun them or (b) try to weasel into my children's lives and attempt to save them/bring them back to the JWs.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

(((( Mini-mom ))))

Minimus, please send her my love and hugs.

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks Brenda and everyone else. My mother doesn't understand discussion boards but I should tell her she is well thought of here.

• minimus
    minimus

I just got off the phone with my mother, who was upset and crying. She was told by her older sister that she would no longer associate with her because she continues to associate with me. She showed her the new Organized book that says she should treat me as a disfellowshipped person. She told my mother that "her God" was me! And get this! She said that the DEMONS twice knocked her down last week and made her fall because she has a connection with my mother who has a connection with me. She told her that unless she treated me like a disfellowshipped person, she could no longer associate with HER because she is putting me over Jehovah and because now the demons have a way to contact her. My mother told her that she understood that everyone has to exercise their conscience and that she wouldn't bother her any longer. She said my aunt was crying terribly thru it all. My mother is beside herself and is hoping that she is doing the right thing .

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Sorry Minimus. What I find from dealing with my mother and grandmother is that threats come from fear. Fear that they aren't living up to Jehovah's high standards and as such are not in line for life. This fear translates to others. They begin fearing that in their self righteousness, their eternal futures are secure but those of family members are not. The pain is further exacerbated by looking for omens that show that God's favor is not upon them especially in advancing years. This is the way of "the truth". I am sorry that your mother who from the way you describe her is nothing but sweet and by way of extension you have been caught in this current.

I send you good thoughts, good vibes, good energy.

CHL

• minimus
    minimus

CHL, you're right! My aunt told her that she should die faithful so that she can be in the ressurection.

• blondie
    blondie

I never understood JW women who say the demons are "kicking" their chair like a woman in the WTS is that important. I think your aunt is trying to blackmail your mother emotionally.

Women (and men) who said such things when I was a JW embarrassed me and I thought they had a screw loose.

• minimus
    minimus

I think my aunt is weird. She NEVER EVER is wrong either. The only reason why I ever tolerated my aunt was because she was good to my mother. Now......

• Scully
    Scully
    She said that the DEMONS twice knocked her down last week and made her fall because she has a connection with my mother who has a connection with me. She told her that unless she treated me like a disfellowshipped person, she could no longer associate with me because she is putting me over Jehovah and because now the demons have a way to contact her.

That's about as superstitious as it gets.

If she's so Strong In The Truthâ„¢, why didn't she do like the Bible says and call out to Jehovah to protect her from those nasty demons that were bullying her? Doesn't she believe that the name of Jehovah is a strong Tower. Into it the righteous runs and is given protection?

Silly old woman, your aunt is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit