My Mother's Being Announced in November As OFF The Pioneer List

by minimus 132 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

After 40 years of serving as a regular pioneer and being on the infirm list, the Circuit Overseer, the PO and another elder told her today in a 30 min. conversation she was going to be announced as no longer pioneering. The CO MOSTLY talked about me, my wife and daughter. He queried her as to my whereabouts, my reasons for no longer attending and associating, as well as my wife's present associations with her (worldly) family and my daughter's reason for getting married outside of the "Lord". My mother answered his questions and told him that our spiritual bond was no longer there as we used to regularly discuss scriptures as well as points from the publications. She mentioned that my wife has grown very close to her family and that the reason my daughter married outside "the Lord" was because there were no brothers that she was ultimately interested in and that she wanted to be married and found someone she loved. The CO twice in his comments said that her doing so was an "act of disloyalty to Jehovah God". Did she understand that??? She replied that she did. Then he brought out that he knows how sickly she is and that pioneering must be very demanding on her. She asked him if her getting limited time in the work had a negative effect on the other pioneers. His response:"Of course it does". This saddened her and within a few moments after being told how the congregation very much values her efforts in the congregation, she was simply told by the Circuit Overseer that she reached a milestone in pioneering for 40 years and now it would be best that they announce in November that she will no longer pioneer......She told me that she will continue to pray to Jehovah to help her deal with her hurt. All I could say was that I feel so bad for her and that I too hope that she can get over her "carreer" , especially because she will be 80 in less than 2 years.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Now aren't they just sweet loving people....and to an 80 year old

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Arseholes!

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

What a bunch of assholes!

• Mulan
    Mulan

That is just wrong!

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

It seems to me that many of them get a thrill from being cruel.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Minimus....

What business is it to quiz your mom regarding YOU and your wife. Good Grief! Also, since I never was a JW, what does it mean when they "announce" that she no longer is a pioneer.... is that a put down? You would think that after 40 years they would congratulate her with a well deserved "retirement" and rest for a "faithful servent".

I'm sorry that your mom has to feel down on what should be a celebration of "running the good race". I've been on this board for a couple of years, and I don't think I'll ever understand this religion.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Min,

That's terrible,,I known many heartless COs. They have thier job to do,, and it seems they just treated your mother like a non person,, since she is no longer useful to the organization,,they are giving her the brush off. It's a shame how the WT treats those that have given so to the organization,,when they are no longer of use.

• Scully
    Scully

That really sucks, minimus. Did they make any mention at all regarding your mom attending your daughter's wedding as being part of the reason for this decision?

Hers is one more story to add to the list of Ignorant Judgemental CO's and DO's

Love, Scully

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I was thinking maybe she could write the society because they would understand and be merciful and forgiving... hahahahahahaha sorry couldn't help it

my advice; try to be there for her this will probrably be very difficult... our thoughts are with you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit