8th Annual South Lake Tahoe Apostafest! Make your plans soon! July 10th-12th

by flipper 270 Replies latest members meetups

• 4thgen
    4thgen
    Can you all post some pictures? We'd love to see what we're missing! Have FUN!
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Hey guys! Anyone who is already at Tahoe or who could drive up Sun. can stay at the expensive hotels Sunday night at a fraction of the regular price. We got a room at Harrah's which usually costs $575.00 a night for $92.00 through Booking.com. So we'll try to continue the party for any who want to join us !
  • life is to short
    life is to short

Wish I could be there. Have a great time, as I sure you will. Maybe next year.

LITS

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    Have fun everyone!! Hopefully next year we will be able to join you all!
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I posted pics but the wifi in Tahoe or something dismissed them. Maybe later.
  • Listener
    Listener
    Thanks on the way out, that will be great. Have fun.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I will try again, a couple pics at a time.

Zed and OTWO started the day Thursday going into Yellowstone National Park. On the way in, we thought we saw a large drunk fellow in a fur coat walking up the middle of the road. It turned out to be a bison, so we gave him the right of way. We saw many more bison inside the park:

There was a canyon with a waterfall:

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Zed wouldn't let me get my hat that went down this canyon:

So there I am without my hat:

I am just kidding. My cowboy hat is fine.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Some people say Old Faithful isn't worth bothering with. They are wrong. Mt. Rushmore isn't worth bothering with but Old Faithful is awesome:

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

We went south from Yellowstone and drove past the Grand Tetons. A picture cannot do the view justice, but here's the picture:

We didn't just view them in the distance. We drove through Teton Pass from Wyoming into Idaho. It was treacherous turns and Zed drove them through a hailstorm. No pics. In Idaho, we laughed at this odd crossroad sign to Burley and Paul, Idaho:

If you know a "Burley Paul," you might think that's funny.

We still had to reach Nevada and cross it. Zed had the hailstorm. I got to drive through a windstorm at night, but it finally cleared and we got close to Tahoe in the wee hours of Friday morn. Here's a bumper sticker I saw:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit