8th Annual South Lake Tahoe Apostafest! Make your plans soon! July 10th-12th

by flipper 270 Replies latest members meetups

• flipper
    flipper

Alright cowboys and cowgirls the plans for the 8th annual South Lake Tahoe apostafest are in place ! It was a good thing I reserved a couple campgrounds 6 months early this year as they are going fast ! Apparently the Lake Tahoe side of the road campgrounds Badgers den are closed this year by the forest service - so people are only getting campgrounds at the Eagles Nest site on the side WE usually camp at.

That being said here are the campgrounds I have reserved Camp # 589 & Camp # 590 . As of this afternoon Camps # 591, # 592, #593 , #581 , # 582 are still available. All these camps are really close to the ones I reserved at # 589 and #590.  Camp Richardson requires a $ 35.00 deposit to reserve each camp spot for the two nights July 10th & 11th so I figured I'd reserve 2 spots one for Mr. & Mrs. Jones and family and Mrs. Flipper and myself and 4 others who would want to camp at our camp.  I highly suggest that any who want camp to reserve the campgrounds I mentioned that are available do so immediately or in the next several days or all these 5 available campground spots might get taken. The website to reserve campgrounds is : www.camprichardson.com. And any who may like to reserve hotels or motel rooms can check out : www.southlaketahoemotels&hotels.com.

It should be lots of fun as there are usually a lot less people the weekend after the 4th of July. It just so happens that this year the campgrounds got reserved earlier than usual due to the closure of Badgers den campgrounds on the Lake Tahoe side of Hwy. 89.  However don't let that discourage you. There will be plenty of hotel and motel rooms available which are within 10 to 15 minutes driving time from the campgrounds.

We usually get there in the afternoon Friday and set up camp and everybody brings their own food for dinner . Some of us go to the local supermarket and we chip in on food dividing up the cost between each other and whoever is buying food that night. Lots of fun times to be had ! We eat, drink, and will be merry to our hearts content . Feel free to bring whatever brings you comfort and enjoyment ! If anybody has any questions please feel free to PM me on the board here and I'll be happy to answer your requests. Take care and a big PEACE OUT to you all ! Hope you can come join the fun ! We had about 35 to 40 last year ! Should be a great one again this year ! Sincerely, Mr. Flipper 

• flipper
    flipper
    Oh- I forgot to mention that it's 6 people per campground limit to camp at night . I don't think they are that picky about it though. Rangers there are pretty chill
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Zed (JK666) and I already have rock steady plans to drive there this year from east of Chicago. Gas (in my opinion) is as low as I will ever see it, $2 a gallon and not expected to skyrocket until after the summer. (Something about financially strangling Russia) I can't imagine a better time to see the badlands and Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, Bryce Canyon on the way home. I know if not 2015 I will never do that drive. 3.5 days out, three days in Tahoe, 2.5 days back in a Jeep Wrangler with the top down.

Don't tell Zed but I have some really cornball photo stops to make on the way out.  Way better than Old Faithful or Mt. Rushmore.  

The best part will be old friends at Tahoe. We will hotel instead of tenting this year- too hard a return drive to attempt after 3 days on the ground.  

I will keep checking to see who else is coming.

• stillin
    stillin
    You west coasters have all the fun! One of these days this southern boy is going to crash your party.
  • KillerJones
    KillerJones
    So new to this having recently disassociated. What is an apostfest? 
  • flipper
    flipper

ON THE WAY OUT- You and Zed will have a great time traveling across the Midwest to the west. I'm envious- I wish I could physically see and experience those places ! But it will be fantastic to see you both again and get the 3 stooges back together again ! LOL.

STILLIN-  You are certainly welcome to crash this party anytime you desire ! LOL. Would love to see you out here sometime.

KILLER JONES- An " apostafest " is just a group of ex-JW's getting together to hang out and have a good time BBQing, camping, swimming at Tahoe, talking , drinking, playing music, hiking, or whatever you'd like to do for fun. Just folks hanging out in a relaxed, informal environment enjoying old friendships and making new friends with other ex-JW's. I hope you can come ! I think you'd have a great time  

• KillerJones
    KillerJones
    Thank you. I will try to attend! Much appreciated.
  • kairos
    kairos

Planning to make it again this year and want to bring 3-4 friends, too.

Last year was great and exactly what I needed.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    What is an apostfest? 

They can include (or not) toasting and wearing of the flag, cursing, gambling, not shunning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyYoPsNx7TI

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    OnTheWayOut, flipper, can you tell us who's who in that video?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit