8th Annual South Lake Tahoe Apostafest! Make your plans soon! July 10th-12th

by flipper 270 Replies latest members meetups

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    That is not our apostafest. It is a midwest event. Nobody winds up in photos or videos without giving consent. I don't know the people in the video.
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Count me *in*.  Yay~!! 

Maybe Dagney can go, too, and we can drive up together.

Can I borrow a tent from you again this year?

-Aude.

• Simon
    Simon
    I don't know the people in the video.

Ha, wow - that's a blast from the past ... I'm one of them! Third from the right, sandwiched between Englishman and Little Toe doing my best just to stay on my feet, Valis was on the end.

Have fun at your meet-up !

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Count me *in*.  Yay~!! 

Maybe Dagney can go, too, and we can drive up together.

Can I borrow a tent from you again this year?

-Aude.
  • flipper
    flipper

KILLER JONES- Cool ! Hope you can make it. We'd love to have you join us !

KAIROS- Fantastic , looking forward to seeing you again ! Had lots of fun last year, this year should be no different. Take care.

ON THE WAY OUT- Great you tube ! Thanks for posting it. Who would have known that Simon can dance like that !

AUDE SAPERE- We'd love to see you and Dagney again my dear friend. You are more than welcome to borrow our tent again for sure.

SIMON- Who would have known that you are such a fantastic dancer ? LOL. All you guys are kicking up your legs in pretty good rhythm  there.  Thanks for the well wishes, we'll have a great time at Tahoe. Who knows ? Perhaps sometime you and your family might make it out ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• zed revisited
    zed revisited

Rock N' Roll road trip with the OTWO!  I do not even care if one of the photo stops would be the "World's Largest Ball of Twine."

zed

• flipper
    flipper

ZED REVISITED- It will be great to see you again my dear bro ! Awesome that you are coming with OTWO ! Hope you guys see lots of beautiful sights along the way on your road trip. Will be nice getting the three stooges back together ! LOL.

Tomorrow or later this morning before I go to work this afternoon I hope to start a list of who is coming for sure and who is a possible maybe ! So please let me know if any of you might be possibly coming as a maybe or a " for sure " and I'll jot your name down here so we can get an idea as time goes by of how many are coming . Thanks a bunch ! Hope many can come ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper 

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

ZED: I do not even care if one of the photo stops would be the "World's Largest Ball of Twine."

Well, you ruined that surprise.  I have a few more.

At one time, I considered including this sight then ruled it out in favor of more "natural" stops:

The Grand Canyon and Yosemite are just adding too much time to the trip, I had to rule them out. 
    Also ruled out, the world's largest Catsup Bottle:

A reproduction of Dorothy's home which a tornado blew to the Land of Oz:

And indeed, the world's largest ball of twine in Kansas:

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

The catsup bottle is very near where I live, actually a water tower. The bottle, parking lot and warehouses are for sale. I think it is an Historic something or another, but it might be in danger of being dismantled. "Only" 500k.

Would love to come to Tahoe, but that's a long drive for us. I could probably get the time, but driving on vacation when I drive for a living...ugh.  My wife wants to camp, I prefer hotels, but would hang out until bedtime. Maybe one year.

Snakes

• flipper
    flipper

OTWO- I know you guys will have a blast checking out all the sights between where you are and California ! cool stuff.

SNAKES ! - How the hell ya doing man ? Nice to hear from you. It would be really great to have you out to Tahoe sometime. I realize it's tough with getting time off and the long drive as well. As you said perhaps sometime you could make it. Take care 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit