8th Annual South Lake Tahoe Apostafest! Make your plans soon! July 10th-12th

by flipper 270 Replies latest members meetups

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

@3rdgen....I know....oh well, I've gone all these decades without the Happy Birthday song, I suppose it won't kill me to miss it once more.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    LOL@ exwhyzee. Don't let it happen again!
  • flipper
    flipper

Hey everybody - I want to thank everyone who came to the 8th annual apostafest as I believe it was the best yet ! I think we say that every year - but it just keeps getting better !

A big thanks to all of you folks who had to travel many, many miles to be there- I know how expensive that can be and I truly appreciate everybody chipping in on food costs, travel costs, and for just being there- making the effort to be there in order to show support to others who have either newly exited the JW cult or have been out for awhile seeking friendship, solace, and comfort. I believe THAT is one of the biggest things that happens at Apostafest' s like this - where many of us who were JW's at one time or another all come together and can express ourselves with the trials and tribulations we've personally experienced and can TRULY be with others who have suffered even more than ourselves and by this interchange of receiving emotional support and giving the emotional support back to them - somehow, someway it tends to make us stronger in our resolve to lead a happy life after the JW experience. We see that OTHERS can do it- so can we ! And we make new friends in the process !

I cannot even express verbally how heartwarming it was for me to see people this weekend like 3rdgen and her friend as a teenager reconnect years later ! To have the happiness of seeing people who you KNEW years later escape the WT organization and become free is a really trippy, FANTASTIC experience ! I had that great experience of reconnecting with a former elder I knew who exited the cult years ago and I knew him in my area over 35 years ago ! I'll point him out to you when I post pictures later .

So thanks again SO much for coming as Kairos said I think we had at least 48 this year as opposed to 38 last year ! We took up at least 6 campgrounds which by sheer luck were all close together so everybody could walk from camp to camp interacting !

We will be doing it again next year and I hope more of you can come ! we will reserve some really good spots much earlier perhaps towards the end of this month- a year ahead of time in order to secure some really great spots. I'm going to be talking to a couple of the regulars who help me get the word out and we'll try to secure the weekend after July 4th 2016 next year by the end of this month a year ahead of time. Due to the popularity of this campground I'm thinking it's what we should probably do with foresight.

So hold onto your seat I'm going to be downloading some pictures within the next hour , just have to download them on my computer and work them through Photobucket here pretty soon. So - be patient, some more pictures are on their way. And as Mrs. Flipper stated if you don't want your pictures shown on the private section- please let me know. I think I cleared it with all who don't mind their pictures posted- and I know of 4 people who don't want theirs posted ( I'll call you just to make sure ) but you will see many new faces this time as well as familiar faces ! Enjoy, give me some time here. Peace out, and I love you all man. Mr. Flipper

• born and bred redhead
    born and bred redhead

@3rdgen, the hubs and I talked about the same thing; how it was so nice that partners who had never been in the cult were there to show support. I think it's important for them to find groups like this as well so that they can interchange with other partners who are going through the same introduction process to WT. I know he had a great time and was pleasantly surprised at how included he was. We didn't have any idea as to how the weekend would look, so it was great to feel so natural with everyone as we all shared stories.

@flipper, glad to hear we'll try and book sites for next year soon. At least this time, I'm dialed in enough to plan for it better! Can't wait to see the photos. Thanks for organizing the best "get together" I've ever been to! :)

• flipper
    flipper
    BORN AND BRED REDHEAD- You are very welcome ! Thanks for coming to the fest you and your hubby and beautiful child ! Finally got the pictures downloaded onto my computer- now just a matter of using Photobucket to bring them on. I'm hopeful within 15 minutes or so once I get my bearings. LOL. Take care, nice meeting you folks ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • flipper
    flipper

Here is Flipper Jr. & his Girlfriend

• flipper
    flipper

Here is from left to right : Kairos, On The Way Out, Zed is Dead

• flipper
    flipper

Here are from left to right : Zed is Dead, On The Way Out, Bro Dan

• flipper
    flipper

Here is : Blindnomore & Flipper Jr.