8th Annual South Lake Tahoe Apostafest! Make your plans soon! July 10th-12th

by flipper 270 Replies latest members meetups

• flipper
    flipper

ON THE WAY OUT- Hey I'm really excited you and Zed are coming my friend ! You and our friend Zed will have a fantastic time seeing the Badlands, Rushmore, and Yellowstone par especially ! I'm envious- I've never been to those places ! Take lots of pictures guys ! I'm really happy that you are bringing your guitar as well ! It should be lots of fun. I'm bringing two extra guitars on top of mine and bringing my son's guitar to give to him as he and his lady are doing a road trip across the U.S. and will be arriving at Tahoe at the time for the apostafest. I'm also bringing my son's African drum as he requested, that should be cool as well. It will be lots of fun for sure ! The only question I have is which one of those Stooges are you and Zed ? Am I Moe or Curly ? LOL ! Or probably I'm Larry now that my hair is longer. LOL. Great quote by the way.

EXWHYZEE- Hey my friend ! I'm very excited that you and your wife are coming on down ! Right on ! It will be great to see you folks again ! Should be lots of fun ! We have some really kick ass fun people coming this year. But don't we have some great kick ass fun people come EVERY year ? You bet ! As you stated anybody that can possibly make it really should - it's really laid back with a cool environment for just hanging out eating, drinking, swimming, relaxing - whatever folks want to do. Look forward to seeing you guys again ! Have a safe trip

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The only question I have is which one of those Stooges are you and Zed ? Am I Moe or Curly ? LOL ! Or probably I'm Larry now that my hair is longer. LOL.

One thing about comparisons/analogies: They usually don't fit perfect. By hair alone, I would be Moe, you would be Larry, and Zed would have to take Curly by default (or maybe Shemp).

But Larry doesn't make waves. Larry is a born follower of Moe and when pushed too far, takes it out on Curly. He is never a rebel. That is not Flipper. Were it not for his friends, Larry would have a low-wage job, follow orders and live in a dull peace. The only Larry-like quality you have is that you don't want that dull peace and quiet dull job and life. You stick with your bumbling friends, instead.

You could be more like Moe as you are the Aposta-organizer, the leader. You are the boldest with your pamphlets distribution work in Kingdom Hall parking lots. But Moe is always mad at the other two and bossing them around and always blames them for his plans falling apart. Were you Moe, you would probably be a JW-elder right now. You are not at all Moe when it comes to your interactions with others.

No, you are Curly. The center of attention, a free spirit loaded with spontaneity and creativity, the Divine Fool not concerned that others know that. Despite your not being the leader-type, you always best the leaders with your genuine character. When the Moes and Larrys out there brand you as stupid or mal-adjusted, you know the real truth and remain cheerful and unconcerned with what they think.

Shemp is really just a Larry that tries to be Curly sometimes and Moe at other times. I am the former elder who thought he knew so much more than Larry and Curly, but keeps being shown up by them both that my former title doesn't equate to knowing more about the way things worked. But I strive to be Curly by over-indulgence in my life often, taking too many vacations and wearing Hawaiian shirts all the time. I guess that makes me Shemp, the one who wants to be the best of the other two.

Zed doesn't strive to be the center of attention like Curly, but he seems disinterested in being the leader like Moe. He will have to be our Larry. Larry doesn't make waves. That's Zed to some degree.

Nobody fits perfectly. Zed can be a rebel, so un-Larryish. Nobody is Moe. And since Moe isn't present, Shemp will have to be the leader. (That's me.) Certainly, Larry and Curly can't do that.

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

Any fiddle players in the crowd? I could bring a guitar and could have a square dance. This is not to far from Redding it would be interesting meeting you folks. Put me on your probable list.

Bill Covert

• flipper
    flipper

ON THE WAY OUT- Great analogy of the Stooges compared to us. Yeah, I think you're right. I am more like Curly, kind of a ham who is happy go lucky free spirit who doesn't worry about what people think. I'm also kind of chunky like Curly- well not THAT heavy - but as you know I DO like to eat. LOL. I could see you being Moe ( though you aren't mean like him ) I think Shemp fits you better but you seem to have more self confidence than Shemp did. I see Zed definitely being Larry though for sure. It's really funny considering the comparisons. My wife volunteered to be Moe when she doesn't get her coffee soon enough in the morning ! LOL. She can have kind of a demented sense of humor that gets misinterpreted by folks- although she's really sweet when she's around newer people she doesn't know so she sedates her sarcastic humor. As you know my wife is a cool chick. Love her to pieces, she has a cool off the wall , bizarre humor like me so it works well.

BILL COVERT- Bill , several of us are bringing guitars for sure- please bring your fiddle if you play ! That would be so cool ! Or bring both your guitar and your fiddle ! Love it ! Hope you can come. I will definitely put you on the " probable list " . Cool

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you're gonna play in Tahoe, you gotta have a fiddle in the band.

That's reason enough to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=483DoOgKIXc

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

Thanks Guys

Lois Lane Looking for Superman picked on where I am from and inquired if I knew a old friend of hers of which I did. So we back and forthed some of which she encouraged me to go to your shindig. as I have been in total isolation for 10 years and just your regular apostate for 15 years before I thought that would be a wise visit to make. She said you are some real fine people.

I will bring my guitar although not in the league with utube clip. I basicly play rythm behind Texas style contest fiddling, so not much good for songs. Question I had seen a poster going by the handle of "The Fiddler" do you know her and does she go to your gig?

Shalom Bill

• flipper
    flipper

ON THE WAY OUT- Thanks for the you tube of the dueling fiddle and guitar. Wow. Really great stuff !

BILL COVERT- That's really cool that you and Lois have been in touch. It's such a small ex-JW world isn't it ? There will be a guy at the Tahoe fest named Bro Dan who knows many of the same people I knew when I was back in my 20's and earlier. We should have some very interesting conversations at Tahoe ! LOL.

I'm glad you are bringing your guitar ! That's cool. We all have different capabilities and it's just fun playing music together so it's a chill and laid back atmosphere at Tahoe so don't worry too much about skills or anything. Believe me I'm not in the league with the guys in the you tube clip either ! LOL. Everybody brings something to the party . I don't know the poster " The Fiddler " but she's welcome to come too if she likes. Do you know if she plays the fiddle ? Look forward to meeting you. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

So with less than two months to go - here is the updated list !

Coming for Sure : On The Way Out

Zed Revisited

Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

Flipper Jr. & Girlfriend

Ray Publisher & Girlfriend & Children

Aude Sapere

Mr. & Mrs. Jones & Children

Kairos & Friends

Lifes To Short & Children

Fading Out & Children

Fading Out's friend T.

No More Kool Aid

Blindnomore

Balaamsass

3rdgen

Bro Dan

Bro Dan's friend M.

Mr. & Mrs. Cha Ching

Azor & Family

R. & Wife

Hairtrigger

Dagney

Mr. & Mrs. Exwhyzee

Possible Maybes : Killer Jones

Terry Walstrom

Darklighter

Pokerplayerphil

Ivanahatan

Bill Covert

So that's the updated list of who is coming as of 5 / 14/ 15 ! Lots of folks ! Hope more of you can come. You won't regret it. Lots of fun to be had

• fiddler
    fiddler
    So there you are Bill and this answers my question to you in my PM. You are one of the enlightened ones A.K.A Apostate! Yay!!! I am the Fiddler you were looking for and although I'd love to venture over the hills to Tahoe this summer, I'll be deep into my daughter's wedding plans in July. Maybe next year!
  • flipper
    flipper

FIDDLER- Too bad you can't make it this year, maybe next year !

So here is the updated version of the current list of people coming ! As of 5/21/15

Coming For Sure : On The Way Out

Zed Revisited

Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

Flipper Jr. & Girlfriend

Ray Publisher & Girlfriend & Children

Aude Sapere

Mr. & Mrs. Jones & Children

Kairos & Friends

Lifes To Short & Children

Fading Out & Children

Fading Out's Friend T.

No More Kool Aid

Blindnomore

Balaamsass

3rdgen

Bro Dan

Bro Dan's friend M.

Mr. & Mrs. Cha Ching

Azor & Family

R. & Wife

Hairtrigger

Dagney

Mr. & Mrs. Exwhyzee

Ella Ella & Child and Grandchild

Possible Maybes : Killer Jones

Terry Walstrom

Darklighter

Pokerplayerphil

Ivanahatan

Bill Covert

And that's the current list so far ! Hope more of you can make it ! Lots of fun, take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit