This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mulan
    Mulan

What a wonderful idea, Country Girl. I will do the same. Thank you, thank you!!

Ian, you seem to be so positive and upbeat. I admire both you and Claire so much for the way you are handling this ordeal.

Marilyn

• Princess
    Princess

You are truly inspirational Ian.

Country Girl, I love that idea.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Ian, I was thinking about something your doctor said the other day, and remembered an article I read some time ago. It was about the nocebo effect, the placebo's evil twin. Beware of it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A2709-2002Apr29

(((((((Ian and family))))))

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dede, Country Girl, Marilyn, Princess and Black Sheep,

I am truly touched and inspired by your wonderfully kind upbuilding and comforting words.

Yesterday I was initiated as a Reiki 1. This was done in order for me to have my chakras opened, thereby allowing me to heal myself and others. Two Reiki masters initiated me over two days, and yesterday and this morning I felt decidedly unwell. My tumour was extremely uncomfortable, but I was warned that I could feel unwell for a day or so. Now, I?m feeling much better and ready to receive all your wonderful healing energies through prayer and meditation this evening.

Love and sincere thanks to you all,

Ian

• shotgun
    shotgun

((Ian))

That Country Girl sure is a sweetie

I know this is a bit insignificant, but I have a little piece of cardboard stuck to my desk that says "Ian."

I thought I was special when she told me she had a piece of toilet paper stuck to her shoe with my name on it but she went all out for you!

Must be comforting to some degree knowing that a large army are behind you...large in number not size.

Take care

• somebody
    somebody

(((((((((((((Ian)))))))))))))))))

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, and your family.

Love,

somebody and zev/gwen and harold

• obiwan
    obiwan

Dansk, I am sorry to get to this thread so late, kinda been out of the loop for a while. I am truely sorry for the cancer that has stricken you. I am also glad to see the upbeat attitude you have displayed. Getting your body healthy, and in a positive mode, is very important. Whithout the fight your body can put up mentally and physically, any treatment is a waste.

I was sad to see though, that you turned down chemo treatment. I do know alot about this. I agree with the point you made about people being different, everyone responds to treatment differently. There are things that you can and are doing to help with chemo. I'll give you a personal example:

When I was 18, my mother died from brain cancer. It was very hard on her, and on us. When the doctor told her about chemo, she was visibly shaken. She knew she didn't have long with the type of cancer she had(about a year) with chemo treatment. She would only have a couple of months without the chemo treatment. The doctor did explain one critical point in chemo treatment. The body must be in the best shape possible. There are alot of patients who take chemo treatment and do nothing for there bodies in preperation for it. A great many fail because they do not prepair themselves. My mothers doctor, wanted her to prepair. She did as the doctor asked, she ate right, exercised, put herself in a positive mode of thinking. True, she was drained by the chemo, but if she hadn't prepaired herself, she would have faired much worse. The recovery time she had was cut in half(according to statistics). After 7 months, the cancer became more aggressive. The doctors told her they could do chemo again, but her quality of life would be less than if she didn't. She got a year and a half from chemo. It's true, she did die, but the spread was inevitable. Those last few months I had with her, I will cherish forever. I almost cry at the thought of not having those precious few months with her if she hadn't taken chemo. She had only one thought during her struggle with cancer, she wanted as much time as she could with us, and she was going to fight as much as she could.

I do know the doctors may seem to be pushy. All they want is to extend your life for the ones you love. Yes there are exceptions in cancer remission/cure, but when you look at the odds without chemo, you might as well play the lottery.

Many may think I am being harsh and unfeeling, quite the contrary. I do know the feeling cancer gives to a family. Sometimes, the only feeling the family has, is desperation. You have a lovely wife, two daughters who may yet see things for what the org is. When that time comes for them, I'm sure you would want to be around. I'm also sure, your family would like know that you did everything you could to be and stay with them.

There are a great many things I still regret with my mothers death. Some of them could have been lessened, if someone would have given some loving advice.

I truely wish you would reconsider the chemo treatment.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Ian, I hope you feel better today and tomorrow and tomorrow and all the tomorrows to come. That bird picture made me cry out, "oh Ian don't fly away with them." Your situation makes me cry for all of you. But you don't fear death like I do or see it as an ending.........be well in spirit and hang on to what you can.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Shotty, Somebody, Zev, Gwen & Harold, Obiwan and Simplesally,

Thank you for thinking about me! It's good to know that so many caring people are "close by".

Obiwan, I'm deeply sorry about what happened to your mother and I take full note of your comments. You may have missed this post of mine to Mulan's thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/77754/1.ashx

I went for my usual long walk this morning, did some Qigong on my return and am feeling very upbeat now. I'm about to have a fruit salad for breakfast before mowing the lawn, so this is brief.

When I'm in such a good mood as now I can think clearly and logically. None of us knows how long we have got left on this earth, we could literally die or be killed in an instant. The trouble with having a life-threatening disease is that one is given time to think, which generally means dwelling on the negatives. This causes depression and even panic can set in. For me, I've had my dark moments, as I've revealed openly - but generally I am able to take immense comfort from my "new-found" spirituality, the upbuilding comments of so many people here, the wonderful lift my Buddhist friends provide and, of course, having such a wonderful loving family at home. New found spirituality is a false assumption because spirituality is always there. We just need to realise it and to tap into its energy.

I see things more clearly now. That's thanks to having such a dangerous disease. I'd rather not have it, of course, but I might as well make the most of what it's taught me.

Doctors really don't know how to handle my disease but do their best to make one feel they know what they're doing. I'm afraid I'm a very informed patient!

My only real hope is to make myself well, with or without conventional treatment. I'm very optimistic, but if I do die I haven't lost as I have a better understanding of my future. I have also felt the love and compassion of so many wonderful people. Thank you!

Did I say this was brief?

Have a great weekend everyone. I'll keep popping in as I love to read your messages. Without realising it, you're not only inspiring me but many others here too!

Love to all,

Ian

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Hello Ian,

I hope you are feeling well today and that you have a useful and positive experience at Christie's on Friday.

Love and best wishes,

Rachel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit