This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((Ian))))))))

I know you're sleeping sound right about now. But you're in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Love to you,

Andi

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So, what's the latest, buddy?

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Ian posted the following on September 3 in Mulan's thread,
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/77754/1.ashx

(There are now multiple "Dansk" threads.)

((((((((((EVERYONE))))))))) This morning I had a meeting with the professor and he examined me thoroughly again. He told me that there is no infiltration into my bone marrow but that the swelling on my chest, under my arm and into my neck has increased. He wants me to take part in a phase III trial, which consists of taking two chemotherapy drugs, Fludarabine and Cylophosphamide, along with a monoclonal antibody. I have been given some forms which outline the treatment. Page 1 says: "This study is being offered to all patients with Mantle Cell Lymphoma who need treatment and have not previously been treated." Page II mentions that some participants will receive Fludarabine and Cyclophosphamide without the monoclonal antibody. Others will receive all three. Tablets will also be given to allay any nausea and an antibiotic for the prevention of a particular type of chest infection (it doesn't mention which type). I'm just letting everyone on the list know. As you are aware, I am against having chemotherapy but I may have no choice now. My spleen has become enlarged and the professor says now is the best time to receive treatment. He says that if I leave it any longer I will likely deteriorate and then the treatment might not work. I've been trying to go as long as I can without treatment. This is the hardest decision I've ever had to make. However, I intend to leave it as long as possible, in order to continue receiving your energies AND because I have an appointment to see a Tibetan doctor on 25 September, in Birmingham (UK). In a month's time I should be better aware of my condition and the methods I need to pursue. Your prayers/good wishes/healing vibes are PRECIOUS to me. I thank you from the root of my soul. Love, Ian

Ian ---

I have no idea what a monoclonal antibody is, but my friend on another forum who has NHL is very excited about this.

Are you still scheduled for the appointment at Christie hospital tomorrow?

Praying for you to have wisdom as you weigh your treatment options.

Hugs,

Marjorie

• Alleymom
  • Alleymom
  • Alleymom
    Alleymom

btt

• Dansk
    Dansk

What is this life that gives us human form, albeit with all our blemishes?

What purpose do we walk this earth weighed down with anxiety and affliction?

Is there a God? If so does he not wish to set us free from the worries that tear at our very souls ? or is it we, ourselves, who have the power to overcome our greatest enemy, death?

The bird alights upon the branch and takes its fill from seed put up in feeders to see it through the winter and to assist its rearing young in spring. It does not appear to concern itself with matters so spiritual, but by its caution it is wary of predation. Our predator is but the same ? death!

In human form we alone can see into the nature of what binds us to this wheel of life and death while lower forms do but act according to their nature. Meditation marred by thoughts that strive to hold us fast to ignorance. Oh, how hard it is to be a Buddha!

Ian

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Ian ---

Check your email. You and Claire are in my prayers right now.

Love,

Marjorie

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dear All,

As you can imagine, the weekend has once again been one of emotional upheaval for me as I considered the prospect of chemotherapy a week today. My gut feeling was telling me again not to take it. I checked out Fludaribine in a report for the disease I have and it came out as being useless. I am convinced the clinical trial is more for the doctors and drug companies' benefit rather than the patient. Chemotherapy does not cure MCL. For most people, but not all, it can push it back for a time but that's seems to be about all - while, at the same time, one's body has to deal with the toxicity of the drugs. It is a frightening scenario knowing that one is receiving poisons that can cause more harm than help!

I was provided with four pages of information about the clinical trial. Under 'What are the potential benefits?' it states:

'There are no direct benefits from taking part in this study except that you will be receiving what we believe to be very active treatment for it. However, by taking part we will obtain a better understanding of whether one treatment is better than the other, which will subsequently help others with the same illness.'

Now, I am all for helping others but one has to seriously consider the costs to one's health overall. No one on this trial receives any direct benefits from taking the chemotherapy. As I am on a MCL forum list I see all the drugs listed that every patient has taken. The problem is that once chemotherapy is given the tumour can come back more aggressive than before and be more difficult to control - and that's besides all the side effects. On top of all this I was told I might only get 18 months remission, although it could be more and it could be less. But I could get that long without taking any chemo. It all depends.

As I write this I feel ok, though I was a little sore this morning. I am still taking homeopathic medicine, eating an 80% raw food diet, doing meditation and visualisation and receiving Reiki regularly. Your prayers every Tuesday evening (as well as every day from some people) are certainly having an effect.

All things considered, I once again turned down the chemotherapy. I felt I was extremely pressured into consenting in the first place, but today I withdrew that consent. I now feel so much better mentally since making the decision. I am hopeful I can beat this disease holistically.

This isn't to say chemotherapy is of no use for certain other cancers. It is just absolutely useless for mine. Shrinking the tumour is not enough reason to have to go through eight sessions of receiving two poisons.

I do hope you will all understand. It hasn't been an easy decision to make. At the end of the day I have to do what I feel is right for me - and that includes looking after the mental and spiritual side as well as the physical.

I now need your prayers more than ever before.

God bless and thank you all,

Ian

X

• morty
    morty

You are still in my thoughts Ian.....

((((((((hugs)))))))

Love Morty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit