This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dansk
    Dansk

To all my dear friends,

I'm just letting you know that I haven't forgotten any of you even though I intend to be more "absent" from the forum until I am much better. This month is supposed to be the time I bid farewell to the world and, to be fair, there have been times when I thought perhaps the doctors got it right. However, I am still fighting and this morning started a juice fast. I intend to fast on raw vegetable juices while still taking my homeopathic and Tibetan remedies and doing daily chi-gung (what a wonderfully upbuilding exercise it is! I do Guo Lin Chi-gung, which is specifically designed to beat cancer). For anyone seriously interested in learning more about chi-gung I highly recommend A Complete Guide to Chi-gung by Daniel Reid. It tells you the history of the art plus everything one needs to understand how it actually works on one's health. EVERYONE should practice it!!

I put dates/periods in my head to aim for - little goals - such as spring, when I'll see my beloved garden come into bloom. I also now have E-man's barbie to aim for and LT's visit. This is an excellent way of getting well because it gives one purpose.

Please accept that while I'd like to spend more time here I get hooked on the place and the time is so precious that I need to use it to concentrate on getting better. This morning I am in very upbeat mood and am focussed on the goal in hand.

Thank you to everyone who continue to send me their good wishes/prayers/vibes, be it on a Tuesday evening or at other times, and for the pms and cards. I have another to goal to aim for - to stick around this forum for as long as it takes to help as many people as possible exit Watchtower.

BTW, being vegan was becoming extremely difficult when it came to eating raw food. I just wasn't enjoying my meals no matter how much Claire varied them, bless her! So, I contacted the Bristol Cancer Help Centre http://www.bristolcancerhelp.org/ and they sent me some wonderful information on dietary care for cancer patients. Was I relieved to read that my diet can include fish (and even organic chicken if I so wish, plus eggs). Happy eating is essential in the recovery process and I was beginning to get sick and tired of eating like an antelope! It's ironic, though, that just when I've found my diet can be wonderfully varied I've started my fast!

Well, that's my update. Thanks for reading and, most importantly, for being there for me. I honestly believe that cancer CAN be beaten.

Love to you all,

Ian

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    I honestly believe that cancer CAN be beaten.

Yeah me too ...

Thanks for the update (((Ian)))

• bem
    bem

Thanks so much for the up-date and you certainly are thought about!! Hugs to you and your family.

Dorothy

• City Fan
    City Fan

Hi Dansk,

I've practiced Zhan Zhuang Chi Gung now for just over 2 years. One of the best books on this style is Master Lam Kam Chuen's 'The Way of Energy'. I've found it so beneficial as an exercise and also for meditation. I must get the book by Daniel Reid and get better aquainted with some of the other styles of Chi Gung.

Glad to see you still so positive. I try and read most of your updates even though I usually don't respond to them.

And somehow I think your team are due a win against our lot tomorrow. Unless James can perform his heroics again.

CF.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thanks for the update Ian

I'm glad you can have fish, as that should keep your protien up. I don't know how good it is for the brain, though

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Ian, thank you so much for the update!

I was thinking of you this morning in the drizzle... as another bubble of helpless consciousness in the ocean of being.

Take care,

Didier

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Good luck, friend. I hope you do well, and in your honor I will get that book out of the library and try it out...

CZAR

• bem
    bem

Bttt

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Dansk!

Thanks for the update!

Keep up the good fight!

Best wishes to you and family!

• Mulan
    Mulan

We think of you so often, and are so glad to hear you are getting a variety of foods now. Thank you so much for checking in. I'll be with you Tuesday evening, as always, as will many from this board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit