This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Sunday evening ---

Just a quick note to say you're in my thoughts and prayers tonight, Ian. May your sleep be restful.

Marjorie

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dear All,

Claire and I travelled to Birmingham last Saturday for my appointment with Dr. Tamdin, a Tibetan doctor held in high esteem. Dr. Tamdin examined a sample of my urine, which I had collected at 6.00 a.m., and then he examined me (the Tibetan doctors put a lot of store in urine analysis and they have a strange way of taking one's pulse). I was prescribed three different herbal remedies, one to be taken before breakfast, one for after lunch and the other after dinner. These herbs are now considered as essential as my homeopathic remedies.

I am still also taking IP6 + inositol (Thanks M, ), having my regular vegan diet and now I also do Qigong every morning and go running with my younger son, Dominic. I feel really good now, although I was a little sore this morning. I have a lymph node which can be felt pressing against the skin and it is that which causes the discomfort - so prayers for THAT litttle blighter to be shrunk please

All in all I can't complain. I am doing very well, have wonderful backing from Claire and the boys and I have the best friends anyone could ever want - YOU LOT!!

It's early days and I can't expect the tumour to shrink overnight, but when it does I'll be on here jumping for joy

That's my news.

Thanks a million,

Ian

• Mulan
    Mulan

Great to hear, Ian. I saw a program on TV a couple of years ago about some things that Tibetan doctors are doing to get rid of cancer. It was pretty amazing, and I am still surprised that the medical community just won't give them a chance in this country. Glad England is better at it.

I will post a reminder about tomorrow's vigil too.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((Ian)))))

I am tickled that you're feeling so much better. I consider your threads one of my first stops for the day, as important as my email. Even when I don't post, I'm looking for you. Give my love to Claire and the boys!

xoxoxox,

Andi

• Dansk
    Dansk

Mulan

I will post a reminder about tomorrow's vigil too.

You're a !

Unfortunately, Tibetan medicine is also not taken seriously by the medical profession here (UK). I only got to know about it through a friend and through my becoming a member of the Tibetan Foundation, which organises Dr. Tsewang Tamdin's visits. Another Tibetan Doctor, Dr. Tamdin Sither Bradley (a woman), was trained at the same Tibetan Medical and Astrological Institute (in Dharamsala, India) as the doctor I saw on Saturday. She is a resident of the UK (I guess she is married to an Englishman with a surname like that), has her own clinic in London and has written a book Principles of Tibetan Medicine, which is wonderfully easy to read.

Andi,

Thanks for always looking out for me and I shall certainly convey your love to my family, which is reciprocated to you and Neil a thousandfold!

Love to all,

Ian

• orbison11
    orbison11

dansk

my heart goes out to you. although i have not posted on this, i also partake on the meets for you on tuesday (5pm my time)

a little story for you here. my daughter was about 12 when she suffered with pain in her left knee, 9 docotrs later (with the last telling me her pain was in my head) she was diagnoised with a condra blastoma of the left tibia. they removed a lot of her bone along with the tumor, then it came back, became agressive, and they were going to remove all the bone in her leg and put a steel pole in, but also told us it probably would not work, and she would loose her leg at her hip

we took her out of the hospital, and were going to take her to the cancer clinic in tijuana, when a friend at the kh told us of a chinese herbalist in seattle. well going to see him was like a movie. he was in the back streets of seattle. very strange.

anyway, she received chinese herbs, which we boiled down to an oil and she drank every night, along with a very bland chinese diet. in about 2 weeks she got feeling back in her foot as the tumor was pressing on nerves and she had lost feeling.

long story short, after about 4 months or so the doctors here said it was a miracle and that they know very little of chinese herbs but that it does at times work,

so hang in there. your treatments you are using can and do work!

wendy

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((((((((((((((((Ian)))))))))))))))))))

My thoughts are with you, wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.

Kate

• kls
    kls

Ian you are in my thoughts and mind daily and know you are doing what is best for you and your family. You are a kind and loving person and know you will beat this . ((((BIG KISS))) Don't tell Claire,,,,,,shhhh

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Ian, I think the herbs will help you a lot. I treat a lot of things with herbs that didn't respond to western medicene alone. I feel much better since using herbs for allergies. The double shot approach will give you every advantage.

I read an article about a doctor in the Reader's Digest. He had "hopeless" stomach cancer. But he tried a very controversial and aggressive treatment. None of his colleagues believed it was going to help him.Still he had great hope and confidence that the treatment would help. He is still alive over twenty years later. They give his attitude the most credit for his recovery.

We all care and send hope and positive light across the many miles to you. Hugs!

Heather

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Hi, Ian ---

There hasn't been any activity on this thread for a couple of weeks --- are you posting updates somewhere else?

I realize you're probably hearing from a lot of us via PM's and emails, but so many people on the board care about you that I hope you'll continue to post updates from time to time.

Hugs to you and Claire,

Marjorie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit