This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

I am so sorry to hear of your recent discomfort Ian. Dave and I will be part of the prayers next week. I hope we can all be of help you.

You are a strong man.

love

cj

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((Ian))))),

You are so dear to me. I am so comforted by the fact that you are ready for whatever comes. It has been a growing experience for me to witness you face this cancer so courageously. There have been days in my life where (like Grace says) I want to be called "home"...but those are typically just days of depression that eventually lift. But I will be selfish and say that I'm not ready for you to be anywhere but here on this earth. I haven't met you yet! But I come in here every morning hoping for a little update on your day. Tickled when I see your face and read your words.

I hope you don't mind if I share some good news with you: I spoke with my mom last night. She left a voicemail several days ago asking for our new house address and phone number. Being a little paranoid of the cast of elders showing up on people's doorsteps, I decided to email her instead of call her back. (I didn't want to wrangle myself into a conversation of religion or other beliefs, in case her purpose was to find out my standing on apostacy.) But she was persistent and called back last night just wanting to talk. So we had a short, but very pleasant conversation. We talked about everything from enjoying flowers, the beach, and pets (things Jehovah provides for our pleasure) to being balanced with money. She mentioned Dad would be coming back to the mainland again next summer to visit his parents and wanted us to prepare going up there to see him. I said we'd consider it. She said for financial reasons she would not be going, which did disappoint me. If anything, I want to see HER. And I want Neil to meet HER. (He still hasn't met my parents.) It's 10 months away, so minds can be changed by then. But like I said, it was a very nice conversation. She even said "I love you" as she hung up. Nice.

Just a little positive story to add to your positive energy today. You're in my thoughts and prayers many times throughout my days. I'm glad you're here!

Love you,

Andi

• Frannie Banannie
  • cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I am fascinated by your journey, Ian. I think you have achieved a perception of who you are that is quite amazing and wonderful. I think of you every day and wish you health and happiness. One is in your control and one isn't, but you're doing a wonderful job with them!

Love & hugs,

Nina

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Sending you kind thoughts and healing wishes from downunder.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Keep 'em flying Ian.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Thinking of you, and for you, Ian

• Dansk
    Dansk

Grace, Andi, Didier, Angharad, Shotty, Chris, Denise, Nina, and Ozzie, thank you for your lovely posts and kind words. Frannie, emptiness is what I?m trying achieve .

Jgnat, Big Tex and David, the pictures are beautiful and inspiring. They stir the soul to just be! To observe and imbibe without having to examine. Wonderful!!

Yesterday the professor telephoned and I?m to meet him at the hospital in his clinic a week on Friday. He still would like me to receive chemo, I?m sure, but my mind?s made up in that department.

I?ve increased my homeopathic tablets from three to five on the advice of my homeopath, and this afternoon I went to a centre for cancer patients to receive reflexology. It hasn't been such a bad day today. Some discomfort in my left biceps and triceps, but I?ve experienced far worse.

I guess today has been basically a chill out lazy kind of day. I?ve done absolutely nothing workwise. Claire did all the driving again and when we got back home she fell asleep. She has been working so hard, both in her employment and in looking after me and the boys. We have a long weekend ahead of us here as it?s a public holiday on Monday (August Bank Holiday). I?m especially pleased for Claire as it means she can have a well-deserved lie-in.

I?m in a really strange situation. Sometimes I don?t feel ill at all, only my swellings betraying the seriousness of my situation. However, again I must emphasise how others are suffering far greater than I. I should like to completely recover if only to be of help to these other poor souls. My experience has made me more aware of the sufferings of others and of how little there is to offer those who have tried so many treatments and feel that there is nothing left and nowhere else to go! I should like to see a centre set up where numerous alternative treatments are available, such as Reiki, reflexology, aromatherapy, craniosacral therapy, therapeutic massage, Tai Chi/Qigong and homeopathy all under one roof, along with meditation and other spiritual healing/awareness practices. I know from experience how such things really help.

Tomorrow one of my Buddhist friends/ teachers is coming over and I always receive a boost when he?s here. That says enough about what I?ve just referred to.

It?s all very well focussing on the physical side, but just as importantly is the mental, emotional and spiritual side of things. OK, not everyone is going to be cured, so the important thing in their case is to give them something to cling to; some hope that will alleviate their fears and allow them to die with dignity and compassion and in the company of people who love them. It is my sincere hope to work to this end once I am cured. THAT is worth fighting to stay alive for.

Love and thanks to all of you from the bottom of my heart.

May you all have good health, peace and happiness throughout your lives.

Ian

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

((((((((( Ian ))))))))) I have to tell you , I was so moved by your last two post on this thread,,,,,,simply BEAUTIFUL. I could write and write about how each statement you said , touched on the magnificence of the human spirit, but basically I am ( almost )speechless, the things you said were beautiful.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Ian:

I know this is a bit insignificant, but I have a little piece of cardboard stuck to my desk that says "Ian." And every day I think of you, and your family, and I say a prayer that you and Claire and the family will have the strength to endure whatever comes your way, and that you will be healed. In some way, you inspire me, too. I don't have the words to say this at all, but I read this thread every day and it gives me strength to see you with such strength. It makes me realize that your positive energy can be built on, and then stronger, more positive energy can return to you. I hope that you don't have alot of pain most of the days, and that you find bright pockets of shiny energy that help you gather your strength, at least in time for the next hurdle. Please understand Ian that we are all with you and we love you. Don't ever give up.. we are behind you 100%.

Your friend,

Country Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit